Goodbye -- Sniffle Sniffle

Options
bnorris2013
bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
Daughter had her birthday party Saturday night
Of course there was cake and of course I had some
Then late last night I had some more
And today I am 1 lb heavier then my last weigh in because of 2 days of celebrations
And no doubt 2 different yummy delicous cake

Well today I did a very hard thing threw every last piece of the cake extras that were in a bag (u know the parts you cut off to make the cake even) and i threw them in the trash because i knew if i kept having them in the fridge even if to save for kids dessert I would be tempted so I just threw it away

Replies

• elizajane1
    elizajane1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!
  • danceaway100
    danceaway100 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If it's not there, you can't eat it. You should be very proud of yourself. That was an awesome show of the strenght you have inside of you. Me? If I had been there with you, I might have dove right into the trash can after them!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Really great job!!

Some treats I allow myself when they fit into my calories for the day, but there are certain treats that I just do not bring into the house because I know I can't be trusted to not eatz it allz.
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    consider this a pat on the back!!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Recently heard a cute thing -- you either waste it or "waist" it. Better to waste.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job you gave yourself an amazing gift you choose health ......proud of you
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats on choosing you. Hard to do but so worthwhile. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    It was very hard to do I am sure.
    Lucky for me I have ducks and chickens so I throw the
    extra foods to them.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Recently heard a cute thing -- you either waste it or "waist" it. Better to waste.

This is so true!! We always think "oh if I throw that away its suck a waste!". But really, if you're keeping it in the house and you know you'll be the one to pick at it... 1) You're just setting yourself up for failure later 2) Its going to go to your waist! :)

Great job OP! Don't feel bad about it at all. Think about how much less stress you SAVED yourself from not eating it later and regretting... etc.
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Been there and done that and it' sometimes really hard to do it. You are succeeding and that's fabulous.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If it's not there, you can't eat it. You should be very proud of yourself. That was an awesome show of the strenght you have inside of you. Me? If I had been there with you, I might have dove right into the trash can after them!

This.

Seriously though, good for you for being able to do that! I never realized it before I started trying to lose weight, but it really takes a lot of willpower to do stuff like that sometimes.
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I think I'll have to steal this one haha.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    You threw perfectly good cake in the garbage.
    2S8ctZY.gif

There is absolutely no reason why you can't have a slice at the end of the day.
  • getfit_kal120
    Options
    best thing to do.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

I like this phrase and tell myself this when I remember.

Good for you.
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    HIGH FIVE!!! :drinker:
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Since most birthday cakes have very little nutritional value, They are better off in the garbage. Good job! If it was me I would have eaten all the cake in one sitting.
  • juleskitcat
    juleskitcat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Daughter had her birthday party Saturday night
    Of course there was cake and of course I had some
    Then late last night I had some more
    And today I am 1 lb heavier then my last weigh in because of 2 days of celebrations
    And no doubt 2 different yummy delicous cake

Well today I did a very hard thing threw every last piece of the cake extras that were in a bag (u know the parts you cut off to make the cake even) and i threw them in the trash because i knew if i kept having them in the fridge even if to save for kids dessert I would be tempted so I just threw it away

BRAVE Girl! GOOD Girl! It's hard to do that -- but you did the right thing... I hate it when that stuff calls out to you from the fridge (which it does and... birthday cake screams LOUD!!!) :) Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    You threw perfectly good cake in the garbage.
    2S8ctZY.gif

There is absolutely no reason why you can't have a slice at the end of the day.

This.

Fit the cake in your day...measure it next time and enjoy it....I have learned( and it took a while, believe me) that letting go of restrictions freed me from obsessing about food.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    Great strenth for you... some rat at the dump will enjoy it and gain the weight. I am very proud of you. Give your self a nice big pat on the back.