Why are you really on MFP?

Options

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I'm on the forums because of the traffic, I joined MFP to track my fat intake to ensure I ate enough.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've been here since September 2011, nearly two years, and I've only lost 10 pounds. What are you implying, that I shouldn't be here because I've only lost that in that amount of time...?

i've lost pounds and put them back on even add more. its call life i'm not perfect

that! is the perfect response.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    To reach my goal and to meet friends on the same journey.... I have my own boobs :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Eye candy of course!
  • weinbagel
    Options
    Bang, Date, Marry or Pass haha...

lol
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I like to talk about picking things up. Putting them down. And looking at inspiring photos of bulky women.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Getting fit, supporting others and expecting the same :blushing: and eating healthy!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Cause sometimes we screw up and have to start over (or midway) again.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I like to talk about picking things up. Putting them down. And looking at inspiring photos of bulky women.

Please tell me more. I'd like to see you bend over and pick something up.
  • Jmeisalive
    Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    and then someone like me is stuck at 8.5 of 10 lb goal, and every day when I hit complete diary, MFP promises that in 5 weeks I will be blah blah blah pounds.

I stayed for the women, btw.

bahahahahaaaaaaaaa
  • LetsGetHealthay
    Options
    Lots of people like that might be gaining muscle and losing fat when they exercise, which they might be getting healthier but not losing a lot of weight, or even gaining weight.
  • Jmeisalive
    Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cause sometimes we screw up and have to start over (or midway) again.

True story
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Lots of people like that might be gaining muscle and losing fat when they exercise, which they might be getting healthier but not losing a lot of weight, or even gaining weight.

I love pics of those people! They can look 30 lbs lighter and be at the same weight. Now that's dedication without letting the scale rule your health/ diet/ fitness goals. Those people are my heroes!
  • weinbagel
    Options
    i just realized i'm one of the people you're talking about, haha. i joined in 2010 out of curiosity because i didn't know what it was. didn't need to lose weight at the time, nor was i concerned with what i was putting in my body, so i didn't sign in for about, oh you know, three years. now it's 2013 and it looks like i've been active for 3.5 years, but really it's only been 65 days. the end.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Some are in a constant battle to beat that last five or ten pounds off. I'm here out of habit and the need to "check up on myself" and make sure I'm eating well enough. I might not log for several months, and then pop in and log obsessively for several weeks. Gotta make sure I'm eating enough and that my sugar levels aren't even more sky high than I already know they are...
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    To get healthy. I made a new account when I rejoined so I wouldn't have to deal with people being like "omgz you've been here a year and only lost 11 pounds? Why are you even here?" Even this one is inaccurate because I joined in February, but didn't actually start until April 1st. Like another person said. **** happens. People die. End of story.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    i just realized i'm one of the people you're talking about, haha. i joined in 2010 out of curiosity because i didn't know what it was. didn't need to lose weight at the time, nor was i concerned with what i was putting in my body, so i didn't sign in for about, oh you know, three years. now it's 2013 and it looks like i've been active for 3.5 years, but really it's only been 65 days. the end.

Welcome back!
  • Endman
    Endman Posts: 894
    Options
    Probably looking for Jeff.
    Who is Jeff?
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    and then someone like me is stuck at 8.5 of 10 lb goal, and every day when I hit complete diary, MFP promises that in 5 weeks I will be blah blah blah pounds.

I stayed for the women, btw.

And we are so glad you did! :)
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I came and am still here for the online food diary. But I'm working my way into the forums, .
This discussion has been closed.