New comer hoping to lose 33 lbs n 3 months!

Options
Hi guys, my name is Gemma and I am new to MFP.

My current weight is 12 stone and I am 5'5, 18 (but 19 in 11 days :-))

I have tried other diets before now, the most notable being the Atkins diet - I did lose 12 lbs in 2 weeks, however gained it back even faster once I came off of the diet!

This time I have decided to buy myself some new jogging bottoms, leggings and trainers to exercise in.

I really want to lose 33lbs by August (perhaps overly ambitious, but I am willing to try my hardest!)

I plan on eating much healthier and cutting out all sweets, cakes, fizzy drinks etc.. (Dr. Pepper is a major weakness :-() Amd exercising once a day for at least an hour.

Wish me luck! :-)

Replies

• Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi ya. I'm not your age but happy to support you!
  • gtheflea
    gtheflea Posts: 19
    Options
    Any support is fine for me! Haha. I am here for you too, and everyone else in the community! :-)
  • Muchmoretogive
    Muchmoretogive Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi im 24 year old mum for uk (yorkshire) Had little girl in January so trying to lose 2 stone by mid august lost 3 stone so far joined mfp 2 weeks ago as weight loss slowing right down (driving me mad!!!!) So 2 stone is about 30 lb right? So same goal same time frame, Thought we could support each other.

Im 5ft 7 11stone 2lb atm aiming for 9 stone - 9stone 6lb x
  • Danibra09
    Danibra09 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm Dani!!!! I'm a mother of two and I'm trying to get the baby weight off so I would really like to add some friend to myfitnesspal for support and friendship.
  • trudiedurbridge
    Options
    Im Trudie, I have a young son whi is three, I want to loose 30lbs I'dlove to get it off by August but I know it wont happen and I am more liley to carry on if Idont have a time frame as I';; get disheartend and give up if if dont loose it all, I want to go slow this time and keep it off :) feel free to add
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    It is a lot of weight to lose in a short time. Good luck, just remember to eat your exercise calories!
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    Good luck. You have set a goal so that is a good start and sound like you have a plan. Feel free to add me if you like as a friend. In any case good luck!
  • funkynab
    funkynab Posts: 4
    Options
    Good Luck
  • funkynab
    funkynab Posts: 4
    Options
    Good Luck.
  • gtheflea
    Options
    Hi im 24 year old mum for uk (yorkshire) Had little girl in January so trying to lose 2 stone by mid august lost 3 stone so far joined mfp 2 weeks ago as weight loss slowing right down (driving me mad!!!!) So 2 stone is about 30 lb right? So same goal same time frame, Thought we could support each other.

Im 5ft 7 11stone 2lb atm aiming for 9 stone - 9stone 6lb x

Hi, yeah I know it's easier to lose it in the beginning, I always have the same problem! Yeah we have similar goals and it would be great if we could support one another :-) How did you lose the 3 stone? x
  • gtheflea
    Options
    Im Trudie, I have a young son whi is three, I want to loose 30lbs I'dlove to get it off by August but I know it wont happen and I am more liley to carry on if Idont have a time frame as I';; get disheartend and give up if if dont loose it all, I want to go slow this time and keep it off :) feel free to add

Hey Trudie :-) Yeah I know it is a lot of weight to lose in such little time, but I think we all need our goals to help us get where we want to be. I have the problem of eating healthy for 2 weeks or so and then having one take away and totally going off of the rails! It's great to have people like you on this site who can help me along the way, and I am here to help you too :-) If you believe you can do it, you will get much closer to your goal than if you have no faith in yourself! Good luck and keep me posted :-)
  • gtheflea
    Options
    Am I silly for not knowing how to reply to everyone in one post? Technophobe!

Thanks for the kind words everybody,

Good luck to all of you too!
  • Kajay
    Kajay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning and good luck. Having a goal is a great place to start.

I think want to lose 10 pounds in a month, then I'll set a new goal.

I am trying to just get back into exercise daily.
  • louandjas
    louandjas Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Gemma! Dr Pepper is my weakness too ;) x
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I generally am against setting goals to lose X amount of weight in X amount of time. That is not something that you can control. You can, however, set nutrition and fitness goals. You have complete control of those. I've noticed that when people set goals about how much weight they will lose by a certain date, if they don't achieve that number, they get discouraged and give up.
  • gtheflea
    Options
    I generally am against setting goals to lose X amount of weight in X amount of time. That is not something that you can control. You can, however, set nutrition and fitness goals. You have complete control of those. I've noticed that when people set goals about how much weight they will lose by a certain date, if they don't achieve that number, they get discouraged and give up.

I think it differs with every person to be fair, I know my target is high and if I don't feel I am on target for it in 1 month's time then perhaps I will have to look further into what I am eating and set a new plan. I think it's important that people have goals to work towards as long as they re-evaluate every month or so. Thanks for the advice though, I am sure there are many people it will help.
  • gtheflea
    Options
    Good Luck Gemma! Dr Pepper is my weakness too ;) x

Thank you! I am totally avoiding it lol :-)
  • gtheflea
    Options
    Good morning and good luck. Having a goal is a great place to start.

I think want to lose 10 pounds in a month, then I'll set a new goal.

I am trying to just get back into exercise daily.

Yeah good idea, I mean if after a month I don't think I am on target to lose I am definitely going to re-evaluate, I like your plan! Good luck lovely :-)
  • johnjohnson16
    Options
    i think u can do it
  • Phlawlesssistar
    Options
    Good luck and welcome