Sweet potato recipes!

Options
12346»

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    bump
    I usually just cut them, spray some pam on them and sprinkle with garlic powder and maybe some italian seasoning and pop them into the oven. I cut them like fries or just in rounds. Either way they are good.
    BUT I would love some new ideas too.

Good luck!!

^ You can do this, but also add some sliced chicken or turkey sausage (in the casing) while you roast, turns out great.

I add rosemary.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Simple outdoor cooking could apply to daily cooking.

1) Cook at least 6 strips of bacons on iron cast pan.
    2) After you are done cooking with the bacons, you could either eat it or save it for later but leave the bacon's grease into the pan.
    3) Chop the sweet potato (yam) and sweet onion into small pieces.
    4) Throw them on the pan and cook it.
    5) When it is almost done, the foods are tender then throw parikpia season on it and add little garlic to it.
    6) You could crush the bacons and stir it with the food.

Yummmmmy!!

It is Paleo/Primal food right there. You could lose lots of weight by eating this for daily.
  • kumitekg
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this spicy sweet potato soup! And everyone that has tasted it has asked for the recipe. I highly recommend the added garnish of the tomato, cilantro and sour cream (though I use the lowest fat content kind). I found it made a difference. Now with the cooler weather coming, this is PERFECT ! I usually make a big batch and then freeze it for later. If this link works for you, you access the nutritional info and the reviews as well.

http://www.soscuisine.com/en/recipes/view/spicy-sweet-potato-soup?sos_l=en

• PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My FAV sweet potato recipe: Give sweet potato to wife, tell her to hurry up with it.
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    We have nuked them in the microwave and spllit them open like a baked potato, then put a light babybell cheese in the, (like 25-35 calories) to melt. It's a Biggest Loser recipe and super easy. We also make their sweet potato fries, which are to DIE for!

Ingredients

½ pound of sweet potatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick sticks

1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese (reduced fat)

½ teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil

1/8 of a teaspoon of garlic powder

1/8 of a teaspoon of paprika

And a pinch of the following:

Ground black pepper, cayenne and salt

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees

Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss until the potatoes are well coated. Lay the potatoes in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes on one side, then flip the potatoes and continue baking for another 10 minutes. They should be tender with some brown spotting.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes... plain old boiled or baked is good enough for me but I recently tried a Bobby Flay recipe that was a nice change of pace: Par-boil the sweeties, then slice and brush with cumin, cinnamon and spanish paprika mixed in canola oil. Grill 10 minutes, turning frequently to get nice grill marks. Very yummy!

Use this recipe and add some black beans in a tortilla and you have a tasty little burrito. There are lots of recipes for black bean and sweet potato taco/burrito. It sounds really odd but the flavors compliment each other well.
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    i cut them into wedges,spray with fry light ,sprinkle oregano over and bake at a high temp to get them crusty and chewy.then i serve with crumbled feta cheese,chopped spring onion and finely chopped red chili.very yummy.
  • C0ffeeBreak
    C0ffeeBreak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    boil and mash, then put a little in the center of wonton wraps which are about 20 calories for each wrap. Seal and gently boil. Drain and season with salt & pepper. A little butter makes it better but not necessary.
  • Keris007
    Keris007 Posts: 6
    Options
    I make sweet potato wedges and then oven bake them. Add spices & garlic etc then coat with oil and stick on a baking tray. I am not yet sure of the calorie content but they are yummy! I also make soup out of them which is very tasty!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    The only way I eat them is to throw them in the crock pot with a little bit if water and cook on high for a couple of hours. I don't add any seasonings to it, just eat it plain. Perfect!
  • cmassy117
    cmassy117 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Looking for good recipes as I just recently found out that I like sweet potatoes.
  • brazillover
    brazillover Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like to bake (or microwave) them and then cut in half, spead chili on top and a bit of light mozza!!!!