Stuff that tastes bad.
    Stuff that tastes bad.
    Stuff that tastes bad.
    Stuff that tastes bad.

^ That ^
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet, hopefully I can make it to goal and not have to cut anything. :ohwell:

I have made it to goal, lost 23 lbs. slowly over eight months and nothing cut out...everything in moderation or just a taste works for me. We cannot cut out everything we love because we know we will miss those foods and eventually go back to eating them, maybe with a vengeance. Good luck!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I've only cut out soda and sugary drinks-- I watch my sugar in general but I keep my portions in check and can eat whatever I want for the most part.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mainly just breads and pasta. I don't eat soy based products either, but that isn't a new change. I haven't eaten soy for years.
  • jennamt87
    jennamt87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1. Doughnuts/pastries/etc.
    2. Deep fried things (fries, onion rings, chicken wings)
    3. Cheese on sandwiches--when I load it up with veggies, I don't even miss the cheese on my subs!
    4. The "white" carbs--pasta, bread, potatoes
    5. Not totally cut out, but I've really really cut back on alcohol!
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    This is my list of things I don't need, but are my guilty pleasure. When i press "Post Reply" that means I will never eat these things ever again.

1.) Food from my work ( I work at domino's pizza)
    2.) Ice Cream and Cookies
    3.) Fast Food (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.)
    4.) Sodas (Diet included)
    5.) Uuhhh, and excessive cheese... that sounds weird but, hey I do eat a lot of that stuff from time to time.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The only think I can think of is cereal. Just because I can't be trusted to eat a portion size. I want the whole box.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    1. Overindulgence
    2. guilt
    3. emotional eating
    4. fat free foods
    5. sugar free foods
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    The only thing I quit was eating so many processed foods, AND...I quit starving myself till noon, eat a huge breakfast, and eat small frequent meals through out the day. Works for me.
  • islegirlnsc
    Options
    Its not the foods I need to cut out its the "Girls night out"
    Martinis
    Vodka/Club Soda
    Champagne
    Wine
    Occasionally Imported Beer
  • vbailey12
    vbailey12 Posts: 21
    Options
    Nothing in particular...BUT I have stopped eating any food that I find I don't thoroughly enjoy--for example, if the "old me" went to a restaurant or a party and had an item she didn't particularly like (a pie that was too sweet or tart; some BBQ that wasn't quite up to par, cold french fries) she used to continue eating it until she finished the item. Now if "New Me" gets an item I don't find delicious, I STOP EATING IMMEDIATELY and either send it back or trash it. I don't want to waste a single calorie on sub-par food or snacks.

YES!!!! Can't waste calories for disgusting food! Totally agree!
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    1) Third Helpings
    2) Third Glass of Wine
    3) Potato Chips inside my tuna sandwiches
    4) Parking as close to the door at work
    5) Reading on the Ellipticals (slows me down to be reading)
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BUT I have stopped eating any food that I find I don't thoroughly enjoy--for example, if the "old me" went to a restaurant or a party and had an item she didn't particularly like (a pie that was too sweet or tart; some BBQ that wasn't quite up to par, cold french fries) she used to continue eating it until she finished the item. Now if "New Me" gets an item I don't find delicious, I STOP EATING IMMEDIATELY and either send it back or trash it. I don't want to waste a single calorie on sub-par food or snacks.

I find I do the same thing. After two or three bites if I'm not *really tempted to continue, I just don't. I had a friend of mine call it willpower to stop, but I don't really see it that way anymore - I just want to SAVOR my food, and enjoy it, knowing that the calories count, and if I reach my daily budget on stuff that's just "Ok", it isn't worth it to me.
  • md_junk
    md_junk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you actually cut out the sugary rubbish? I'm so addicted and I have no idea how to kick the habit.
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For me, it's everything in moderation. I would say french fries, but I don't always cut those out because I can bake them myself! :-)

1. Ice Cream
    2. Cake
    3. Fried Foods
    4. Eating TOO many Processed Foods
    5. Fast food fries ( not homemade)
  • becausebrittany
    becausebrittany Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've cut out meat in general, excluding seafood.
    Soda.
    Deep Fried Foods.
    Most dairy.
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    1. Bread & pasta
    2. Potatoes
    3. Rice
    4. Anything containing sugar
    5. Anything processed

BUT i don't count my calories.
  • FineFitFatty
    Options
    I haven't specifically cut anything out, but I no longer eat the leftovers from my child's plate. I realized I was unknowingly consuming 200-300 extra calories a day just by having a few bites of her left over grilled cheese, or cupcake... etc.!! crazy!