Sports Bra for Larger Bust Recommendation

Options

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like these....

Champion Shape® Scoop-Back Full-Figure Underwire Sports Bra
    Champion maximum support: http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1/underwire-bras/champion-shape-scoopback-full-figure-underwire-sports-bra

I'm a 34 D/DD and find I don't jiggle. I get them at Kohl's and they frequently have them buy 1 get one half off, add that to a 30% coupon and boom only about $25-$30 each. I also wear a compression/shaping tank under my t-shirt. It gives a little extra support all over..I really hate to jiggle!!!!
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    look for a bra with separate cups, the uniboob kind don't give enough support.

If you go to the Running Room or some place like that, they will give you suggestions (not saying you have to buy them there, cuz they'll be expensive) they'll be "rated", as high impact or whatever.
  • hseipel12
    hseipel12 Posts: 26
    Options
    I am a 36D and I wear a bra then a sports bra over that. For me, that works well. My boobs do not move at all when I am doing my running! But, I do like the website Heather recommended to you!

I'm the same size and I do the exact same thing. It's the only thing that works for me.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's hard to avoid the uniboob if you want really good support. My all time favourite for high impact exercise is the Moving Comfort Juno. It's a bit tricky to get into, but, by God, once you're in there, nothing moves! I also like Shock Absorber for moderate impact. I've heard good things about Enell, but haven't tried it myself.

Just order a bunch and return the ones that don't fit. I use Bare Necessities for my online bra shopping.
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I'm a 34G, bras in general are hard to find without a hefty price tag, being a student doesn't help.
  • foxgl0ve
    foxgl0ve Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have two of the Shock Absorber Run bras and I love them. I'm going to buy a third. I'm a 36E, and I run and zumba in them almost every day. It fits great. It breathes. The straps stay put, and isn't so compressive as to be uncomfortable.

I found the Enell bra to be really hot with no breathability. I also felt like it never fit quite correctly because the straps are not adjustable.

Lane Bryant does carry some very nice sports bras, but no back sizes smaller than a 36.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use a shock absorber bra and it's great! Plus it's purple and turquoise!
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to go all in for a GOOD bra.. I like this one from UnderArmour: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/armour-bra . It has a regular hook bra clasp in the back so that you're not trying to wrestle the bra over your head. It's not cheap.. they are almost $60.. but worth it, IMHO.

My sister is very large busted... I was not that lucky!!! She also swears by the under armour sports bras. They are a little pricey but we all usually get her one for her birthday or christmas LOL!!! They seem to last really well also.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    BUMP....I currently use Goddess w/champion over it.....but now I wanna buy an Enell!
  • Litababy5
    Litababy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I need to find a bra that doesn't cost to much but gives me maximum support.

I'm 40E (but it seems to be reducing at the moment.).

Wear 2 regular bras at a time .... most good quality sports bras are pricey

Target Champion are pretty good .... 2 would be better
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    Old Navy surprisingly has some good sports bras. I put them on and the girls dont move.
  • Lyby
    Lyby Posts: 42
    Options
    I am sooooo glad you started this thread --- I was afraid to.

I wear a 44DDD normally and have been struggling with a uniboob bra that I can barely get over my head.

Zumba once a week has been torture! At yoga last night, the girls tried to escape via gravity during the forward fold pose.

If I'm willing to invest in a new pair of work out shoes, I should be willing to invest in a new sports bra.
    I'll leave the "but it's expensive and it won't fit once I loose the weight" argument in my locker.
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ENELL - the BEST!!!! Well worth the $50+. I buy a size smaller than they recommend - first time in my life I haven't had to wear two (or three) sports bras! Definitely go to the site (just google it) and watch how to put them on. You can also get them on amazon! Love it!
    Agreed. I own 4 of them and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I bought mine off Ebay. Super cheap as they were rejects (two have snags and the others have slight colour issues). The bra is admittedly very ugly, but the support is outstanding.
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I'm a 34G, bras in general are hard to find without a hefty price tag, being a student doesn't help.

Scratch that I remeasured and I'm a 32F now, so I guess if I had to a 34DDD/E
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    every week this thread comes up.. search is your friend.

anyway for those with small ribcages and full chests (im 34/36 HH) i recommend panache. it and the enell (when it fit me) are the best i've used for high impact stuff.

for low impact i go with goddess, elomi and enell
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^
    38DDD. I don't have $50+ to spend on a sports bra. A regular bra and sports bra work for me. I'll have to give Old Navy and Champion a try.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort, style #350037. Encapsulates and compresses so you get zero movement.

The words "good" and "inexpensive" simply don't work in the same sentence when talking about a high impact sports bra for larger busted women. You will regret it as you age if you don't make the investment in a great sports bra now.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options

If you're looking to save money I really wouldn't recommend using two bras at once. bras themselves, any decent quality, are goign to be pricey adn even doubling up on them is going to put wear and tear on them and then you'll have to buy double the bras because. You are honestly better off spending the extra money on a good sports bra that's going to last a while over doubling up bras. Trust me I was doing that for my first year in the army and I saved way more by just going out and buy under armor sports bras. I'm going to give some of the other brands listed a try however and see what i think about them.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bump to come back to. I currently double up on sports bras to get the right support but I suppose I'll need a good one sooner or later. :smile: