How do you guys manage to stay on track during weekends?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Actually I'd suggest just not buying the crap you put in your mouth & try some damn willpower. If you can't even stop buying it then why bother asking how to stop eating it?

Because we live in a world where this stuff is abundantly available. We have to conquer it's power over us. We do that by not saying "never" but saying, "this much and no more, right now".

It may be available but you are not forced to buy it. That becomes your own doing. No point in asking how to stop eating it if you can't even not buy it.
  • Hughesers
    Hughesers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have managed by only have a couple of glasses of wine one of the nights, then a few treats the other one. Do heaps more exercise over the week and save 100 to 150 calories every day before that, then a long brisk walk before a night out gives you the extra calories. If you are having your treat night at home too, just buy in the lower fat crisps and snacks which helps too :)
  • Kimberleebennett
    Kimberleebennett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Actually I'd suggest just not buying the crap you put in your mouth & try some damn willpower. If you can't even stop buying it then why bother asking how to stop eating it?

Because we live in a world where this stuff is abundantly available. We have to conquer it's power over us. We do that by not saying "never" but saying, "this much and no more, right now".

It may be available but you are not forced to buy it. That becomes your own doing. No point in asking how to stop eating it if you can't even not buy it.

It's not always that easy when you live with others who will buy it and have it in the house.

My partner used to be a body builder too and he has the mindset that I can eat whatever I want in the weekends because that's what he used to do when he was training, It's really hard to turn down food that has been made for you by someone who means well but has no idea.
    It has taken me a lot of small changes to get me to the point where I can have all those bad treats in my house and only indulge in moderation. I still struggle on the weekends but I try to exercise more and have those treats but in much smaller servings. I will occasionally have takeaways but a small portion and plan my other meals and exercise around it. The biggest battle is getting over the all or nothing. I've tried just eating clean and it doesn't work for me. I restrict nothing from my diet even during the week but try to create a balance. Small changes work better long term than just cutting everything out. I think those that are "on a diet" are way more likely to gain it all back than those who make positive lifestyle changes over time. I have a sweet tooth and will never stop eating lollies and chocolate so I don't try. I restrict them to what my calories allow and make sure i'm eating good things as well. and getting plenty of exercise.
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Options

It's not always that easy when you live with others who will buy it and have it in the house.

My partner used to be a body builder too and he has the mindset that I can eat whatever I want in the weekends because that's what he used to do when he was training, It's really hard to turn down food that has been made for you by someone who means well but has no idea.
    It has taken me a lot of small changes to get me to the point where I can have all those bad treats in my house and only indulge in moderation. I still struggle on the weekends but I try to exercise more and have those treats but in much smaller servings. I will occasionally have takeaways but a small portion and plan my other meals and exercise around it. The biggest battle is getting over the all or nothing. I've tried just eating clean and it doesn't work for me. I restrict nothing from my diet even during the week but try to create a balance. Small changes work better long term than just cutting everything out. I think those that are "on a diet" are way more likely to gain it all back than those who make positive lifestyle changes over time. I have a sweet tooth and will never stop eating lollies and chocolate so I don't try. I restrict them to what my calories allow and make sure i'm eating good things as well. and getting plenty of exercise.

Brilliant reply, thank you for your support and advice/opinion :-)
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    One thing that I do, in a home with my husband, two teen boys and a nine year old daughter (who tend to eat whatever they choose) is to make sure that on weekends, I put my workout as top priority.

We might have family commitments -- that means I need to swim laps for my hour at 6 or 7 am.

As soon as I've finished my swim, a switch gets flipped that says, "THIS is why you're eating right."

At that point, even the most tempting things (and I won't post them here and risk triggering you all), become less attractive in light of preserving my routine.

Sure, I could workout again, but it's not good for me, at this point, to put two hours in the pool just to allow binges. That makes the exercise a purge and cuts down the time I have for muscle recovery.

Jan
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Actually I find the weekends easier to stay on track. On weekdays I find little time to exercise, and I come home late so my timings are messed up.

But on days with treats and stuff, I decide to finish my cardio/strength routine first thing in the morning, so that it regulates my appetite for the rest of the day. I find it easier to stay on track after a workout,because it kills all boredom eating symptoms.

Also, if I'm in the mood for some treats, I make them myself, so that I know what I'm putting in. Then I adjust my calories to fit it in.
    Sometimes an evening walk helps clear my head and get my mind off of food.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Yeah it is. Try living with 2 adult males. Easy to not eat it. There is constant ice cream, chocolate & chips. Hell... there is even always my fave cookies. Have not touched them once. Easy.

Using the fact others buy it for themselves & then that forces you to eat it really is a pathetic excuse. Once again.... you are not forced to eat it at all.
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Yeah it is. Try living with 2 adult males. Easy to not eat it. There is constant ice cream, chocolate & chips. Hell... there is even always my fave cookies. Have not touched them once. Easy.

Using the fact others buy it for themselves & then that forces you to eat it really is a pathetic excuse. Once again.... you are not forced to eat it at all.

Really, supporting someone to be strong is one thing. You're just being a ****.
    If making super-fantastical eating and fitness choices was easy as pie for everyone, none of us would be here and this site wouldn't exist. And as another poster said, life is still for living. Food and cooking is my number one passion and hobby. If I cut out all the delicious treats entirely, I'd truly just be sad. Learning to enjoy things in healthy moderation is a much more realistic lifestyle for those of us in the 99%. Enjoy your elite nutritional supergod status.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I SUCK on the weekends due to a lack of planning.

For example, I was out of town all day on a one day road trip. I ate terribly.

Had I planned better, I could have avoided it.

I have gotten better in regards to the weekends but it is easy to fall into an eating pit.

Damage control works for me; I might go over but I am not blowing my intake out of the water.