Home or Gym?

Options
Do you prefer to work out at home? Or at the gym? And why?

Raina

Replies

• BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I like both. I lost over 40 pounds from working out at home and walking. But I am going to be getting a gym membership next month so I can start seeing a personal trainer. I think as long as you are making a positive change to your health then they're both great choices!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Home - I've never been athletic (gym was a nightmare in high school) ....... as long as I can be consistant it's a good thing.

I have lots of DVDs, Wii Games, weights, stability ball, weighted hula hoop, rebounder .... I've got lots of options. Variety keeps it interesting.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Home.
  • mkss89
    mkss89 Posts: 1
    Options
    I do workouts at home. i don't have gym in nearby and saving time is a huge plus. i don't have excuses to not workout. i regret that i don't have squat rack and barbell, because i don't do deadlifting and barbell squating. however i do strength train due to 'you are your own gym'. you can check out 'body by you' by the same author it's for women. however now when i'm cutting, alias losing weight i do my own routines including hiit on my stationary bike and a lot of tabatas consisting of bodyweight excercises like pushups, burprees, thursters, squats, mountain climbers, bicycles, iron mikes. it's really kicking *kitten* and great for boosting metabolism and losing weight.
    i really think most women that are not interested at heavy lifting can easily work at home with not worse results.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Home because I love dancing between sets and I can have an alcoholic beverage immediately after.
  • Prplhead
    Prplhead Posts: 82
    Options
    Both! :laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Home. I have 2 sets of dumbbells, some DVDs, a good elliptical machine parked in front of the TV. Never been to a gym in my life.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Gym, I'm really good at talking myself out of working out at home but put me in a gym and I get stuff done!
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Fasted cardio is done via treadclimber in my den at home
    I weight train at a commercial gym

Doing the cardio at home has the benefit of not having to wait for a piece of equipment.
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been working out consistently at home for over a year now by working out with Bodyrock (now DailyHiit) and Zuzana Light. I do miss the occasional jaunt on the elliptical, but it's nothing I can't get from running outside!
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Home, I get a great workout from P90x and Insanity. Plus I live in a neighborhood that if I choose I can run or bike without problems.
  • Hokiegal78
    Hokiegal78 Posts: 12
    Options
    Both! Although I love the gym because they have equipment I don't have plus the Spin and Kickboxing classes are my fav..and I can't get those at home. hehe However I like the ease of poppin in a dvd or using what I do have at home when I dont have time for the gym or can't leave home due to weather, etc.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Gym. The routine of waking up, suiting up, and driving puts me in the right frame of mind for my workout. Plus I like being around other people andteh sounds of clanking plates and grunting meatheads are like wind chimes to me. I also like access to a full range of equipment for flexibility with my lifting program.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Home....because for cardio I love being outside. Absolutely can't stand to run in place on a machine. I have a weight bench and punching bag in my basement.....works great for me!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Home! Saves time and it's convenient! I still do have a gym membership, maybe go once a month just to mix things up. I also go to a really nice yoga studio about once a month too. But most of my workouts are done in the comfort of my own home!
  • jessicapetert23
    jessicapetert23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Gym!!! I am not motivated at home....as that is where my bed is, HA! At the gym, I have access to so many different weights and machines. I've also met some really amazing people at the gym who have the same goals in mind and interests and have became my really good friends!
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Gym.

I'm so lazy at home.

Plus, who doesn't like some eye candy to help motivate! ;)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Home b/c I have everything I need here in "my" home gym and when we get down to it..I'd so much rather run outside then on a treadmill (even though I have that too)...AND there's never an excuse NOT to workout....it's ALWAYS open and I never have to go outside in the (fill in the blank for an excuse). I can crank my music, put on an OnDemand movie or watch a DVRd movie...or anything.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home right now. Maybe someday I will get a gym membership, but for now I do the best I can with what I have. Then again the most affordable gym around where I live is literally placed in a building occupied by a lot of college students, and I don't think I want to work out there. Maybe I'll convince the boyfriend to just get me a decent weight bench instead. Who knows, maybe then he would start doing something, too.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I used to like the gym but home is just easier to get it done in, which is why I bought a power rack.

Though, the beach is the best place to workout (specifically running)