female 5'2'' friends!

Options
bookstitch
bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
Hey, I'm looking for some more friends (strictly female, sorry) to keep me motivated and on track. Ideally I'd love to find some women in my height/weight zone. Currently I'm 5'2''/3'' and I'm 155lbs. Curvy.

I'm looking to drop weight and have some toning. I don't do any heavy lifting. I usually do yoga at least 2x a week, elliptical about 4x a week and I'm starting to go to the weight room, I'm hoping 3x a week. And I am starting to push myself to run. And once I get a bathing suit, swimming will be added!

I just bought myself a HRM to keep things accurate for my body and with the price and shipping I paid, I better keep this up!

Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• rose_gian
    rose_gian Posts: 43
    Options
    I have more weight on you but I think we're similar. I use to run for my primary exercise and lost weight from it. I haven't done yoga in years. I have joined a gym and think that lifting weights is the best way to lose weight and get toned.
  • bookstitch
    Options
    I've read that lifting weights helps your body burn more calories for a longer amount of time. I tell myself that repeatedly to push myself while I'm there. Also, I feel more results (sore body) from spending time in the weight room. Good luck!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have more weight to lose than you. I am trying to force myself to run and do fitness classes in the morning for exercise. Happy to have another shorty!

I have heard a few different estimates but heard every pound of muscle burns about 50 calories a day at rest. so five pounds of muscle would burn an extra 250 calories a day at rest.

Don't shoot me if I am wrong!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Hey shorty! (: I'm 5'1'' at 164 lbs. It's amazing what a difference 10 lbs. can make at our height! It's finally warm enough to swim here. I can't wait to get in the water too - best part about living in Michigan is all the beautiful lakes, including the big blue Lake Michigan.
  • tarlyn74
    tarlyn74 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2" as well but a bit more weight (193.8). Today is my fist day using MyFitnessPal and hoping it helps to keep going. I'm the heaviest I've ever been :( I am an avid walker and just started running. I really enjoy Zumba.
  • bookstitch
    Options

I have heard a few different estimates but heard every pound of muscle burns about 50 calories a day at rest. so five pounds of muscle would burn an extra 250 calories a day at rest.

Don't shoot me if I am wrong!

I have no idea. I have it all in a book, which is where I got the information. The Abs Diet for Woman. It may have said something, but nothing that stuck in my memory.
  • HeatherChristine1212
    Options
    ill add u!!
  • bookstitch
    Options
    Hey shorty! (: I'm 5'1'' at 164 lbs. It's amazing what a difference 10 lbs. can make at our height! It's finally warm enough to swim here. I can't wait to get in the water too - best part about living in Michigan is all the beautiful lakes, including the big blue Lake Michigan.

I couldn't agree with you more! Those few pounds and wow. My highest was 160 and that was when I went to a doctor that specializes in weight management. So now I've upped my exercises, eating healthier and doing my best to drop the extra weight. I want a toned, fit body. And being 5'2'' I always felt like I should be tiny. Pocket-size is what I would call myself when people said I was short. Now I want to be tiny too. Curvy, but tiny.
  • Can_Change_Natalie
    Can_Change_Natalie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Im 5ft 2 and 149 lbs started in January as 165 Lbs, feel free to add me
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'2 and 25 years old. A couple of months ago I was 155 but now I'm down to 136.
    I sent you a friend request.
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    I am just barely 5'3 and just trying to lose the 10 pounds of winter weight I gained but I'd love to support you so add me if you want =) I only have a few friends so normally I'm able to comment on everyones stuff =)

Right now I'm 125 and trying for 115
  • nykkat
    nykkat Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and about 170! I think we have similar goals :)
    I'm looking to lose 25 pounds, and considering i've NEVER been able to lose even just 10 on my own, I could use some short girl support :)
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    We're nearly the same. I'm about 5'2" and am at 152. I try to go to the gym at least 5 days a week. I do different things (treadmill, elliptical. And if I'm feeling wild, the stairmaster). I try to do at least 5-10 minutes in weights.

Add me if you would like.
  • katiestone92
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 140 I'd also like to tone up and lose 10 lbs in the process. Lots of motivation and support needed over here!! More than capable of returning the love :)
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'2 weight 204lbs. Looking for great support and love to give support back.
  • nkix
    nkix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and weigh 169. Recently started using mfp again, my goal is to lose 50 lbs altogether & get fit. I've lost 1 lb so far :) I'm fully motivated for my dieting but sometimes I get into a rut with exercise!
  • purplespeckle
    purplespeckle Posts: 652
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3 and 193 lbs! Short term goal is 160. Ultimate goal is 125. I'll message you!
  • skjsd
    skjsd Posts: 64
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3" and 152 lbs so I think we're about the same. Would love more friends to keep me in line!!
  • bookstitch
    Options
    Wooow!!! I love all of these responses, it makes me feel so great and motivated and ready for anything!! And it seems like a lot of us are very similar in height and weight so I hope everyone makes use of this and friends everyone else! Ahhh...so excited!!! Thank you thank you!
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm only 5ft 1in and currently 171.6 lbs but I was up to 175. I agree with everyone that this short body has no room for this weight and I'm tired of feeling miserable. I joined a gym a couple weeks ago and I have been consistently logging and it's been paying off! Good luck everyone!! feel free to add me:)