1100 and I havent had dinner..

Options
2»

Replies

• aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    the watermelon is a great idea. I only take $1.00 to work with me. We have a "snack locker" in my office that they buy a bunch of crappy food from sams (think everything we should never ever eat again) and then only charge .50 for it and then use the money for "morale". I hate it because there is literally nothing healthy in it and it is the military for christ sake, they tell us to be thin and then shove crappy food in our face. I do good most days and dont eat anything, but I have 30 subordinates and I had it with them today...like a bunch of 2 yr olds. I would love any advice on emotional eating too if anyone has found a way to control it. Also quit smoking 2 months ago so sometimes I just want something in my mouth...

Thank you all btw, I was on ediets at one point and ww and people were really judgemental on both. I am glad to see people here really try to hold eachother up and hold eachother accountable.
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Try reading this--might help you understand why bumping up what you're eating might help you lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12250-1000-calorie-deficit-not-for-people-with-healthy-bmi

I actually dont have a healthy BMI yet, I am still at 27.3 I am 5'7" 175 lbs. I need to find that level where I am not so hungry I want to pass out and actually losing. I dont care how slow or fast as long as I see the number creep down. And, I am getting healthier, I had not run in 2 years {broken leg then baby) and I can run my PT test again and I couldnt when I started moving my butt again a few weeks ago.
  • richardwelch
    Options
    sounds like you're just having some of the diet bummer blues, but here's a few ideas for you:

remember that "dieting" should really encompass as lifestyle change, so perhaps re-evaluate your meals and substitute some foods higher in fiber and protien so that you feel more full. everyone has down days and "bad" days, but you have to try to limit them and move on. you had outback/ turkey burger... well, its done now, so just get your work outs in and move on...

also, i came to a realization last night... its summer :smile: some of the activities that come with summer (and take up the time that we would go to the gym) are actually calorie burners, like weeding, mowing, washing the car... well, anything that isn't sedentary.

keep your chin up and keep at it!