Coffee with butter

Options
Hi all

New here anyone else doing this as first thing for breakfast. I have had great results combining this with Intermittent fasting.
Some points:
more energy
weight loss
fat loss
thinking more clearly
not counting calories
great libido:wink:

Regards
U

Replies

• jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Troll? or lack of taste buds? Enter your votes now America.
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Both?
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    uuuuh... this seems so weird even though i put coconut oil in my coffee daily.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    holy wtf
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I put Bacon Grease in my coffee.:laugh:
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this... some of my friends were trying it. (Apparently, it's how sherpas take their cuppa.) I was really grossed out, but I guess unsalted butter isn't too far off from cream in your coffee...

And from Dr. Weil...
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA401262/Should-I-Drink-Bulletproof-Coffee.html
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    It's called "bulletproof coffee." A lot of people that do IF+keto do this.
  • jadams1650
    Options
    Somehow a freshly brewed cup of fat doesn't bring back the memories of those hot cups of java on cold autumn mornings...maybe I'm the one with the underdeveloped taste buds. On second thought maybe we should try to sell the concept to Folgers...the best part of waking up is blubber in your cup...
  • ubetido1
    ubetido1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi

Just relating my experience with it to this date. All i did was replace my breakfast with this. Not for everyone obviously and may not be a long term thing either. BUT the weight has come off and i feel better and cholesterol has gone down. Go figure.

Still eat normally other than this but find i do not crave food in between like snacking etc. Not sure if there is a scientific reason for this other than the butter.

I don't have butter with other meals.

Regards
    U
  • jadams1650
    Options
    Hey, whatever you think works for you...I would remind you that co-incidence does not always equal causation. But if it works for you I'd say keep it up. I'm a little more comfortable not chugging saturated fat, but hey, to each their own...
  • josarahm
    josarahm Posts: 48
    Options
    I actually had a Doctor recommend that I add butter to my coffee in the morning. He said it will help with any cravings and help me not have the feeling I am losing the will to live. The only problem, I lost the will to live at the thought of it.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Troll? or lack of taste buds? Enter your votes now America.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no i sleep through breakfast so......................................
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Man, I thought I was upset by people that ruin a perfectly good cup of coffee with creamer...

...then YOU come along.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    hmmm...thats interesting...I cant have my coffee without sweetener so would it be ok to still have sweetener?
  • kais79
    kais79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Responders such as some I've seen in this post are reasons I don't post in the forums. Judge much?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Responders such as some I've seen in this post are reasons I don't post in the forums. Judge much?

lol, yeah dude. that's gross...

but you can't see it from way up there on your soapbox.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    um.... enjoy?

Not for me. Sooooo not for me.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee....butter and coconut oil whipped into hot coffee. I haven't tried it myself yet, but its supposed to be yummy and good for you...and help keep you satisfied and nonhungry until lunch. Sounds pretty good to me.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Um...what??!! :huh: