Whats in your smoothie?

Options

Replies

• M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on this smoothie? I have all the ingredients, very tempted to blend it up tomorrow morning. :)

Ingredients:
    3 cups milk (or milk substitute)
    2 tsp ACAI POWDER
    1.5 tsp MACA POWDER
    1 tsp CACAO POWDER
    2 tsp CHIA SEEDS
    1 large banana
    1 Tbsp soaked GOJI BERRIES
    2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    sounds good......
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I must try some of these recipes. Thanks :happy:
  • darylad
    darylad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 CUP UN SWEET ALMOND MILK
    1 SCOOP PROTEIN POWDER
    1 TBSP SUGAR FREE FAT FREE JELL-O PUDDING MIX -ANY FLAVOR
    HAND FULL FRESH OR FROZEN FRUIT IF DESIRED.

REALLY DELICIOUS. SO FAR I HAVE TRIED WHITE CHOCOLATE WITH STRAWBERRIES AND CHEESECAKE WITH STRAWBERRIES.
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    1 Cup frozen blueberries
    1 Banana
    1 Cup Vanilla soy or almond milk
    ½ Cup fat free honey greek yogurt
    ½ to 1 Tbs of almond butter
    1 to 2 cups spinach (I add the spinach last and fill to the top)
    Dash of cinnamon
  • jennyrae719
    jennyrae719 Posts: 129
    Options
    bump I have a protein shake everyday and right now I have the EAS lean chocolate fudge powder and I use that with almond milk and sugar free pudding powders..... chocolate, cheesecake, butterscotch or sometimes I use sugar free strawberry jello powder (tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry). I also sometimes do peanut butter and banana in my chocolate protein shake. yummm!!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach, frozen fruit, and almond milk
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Spinach
    Romaine
    Red Pear
    Red Delicious Apple
    Banana
    3 -4 Celery sticks
    Lemon Juice
    Chia Seeds
    Water
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    so, I have raw Kale. I can add it to my protein powder in my shake and that will be ok?
    Yes, put the liquid in the blender first with the Kale. Once the Kale is ground up nicely, add the protein powder. You can add half a banana or a cup of frozen pineapple to it. The fruit will offset the the bitterness of the Kale
    what is the kale for?
  • M______
    Options
    so, I have raw Kale. I can add it to my protein powder in my shake and that will be ok?
    Yes, put the liquid in the blender first with the Kale. Once the Kale is ground up nicely, add the protein powder. You can add half a banana or a cup of frozen pineapple to it. The fruit will offset the the bitterness of the Kale
    what is the kale for?

Nutrients. Kale is packed full of vitamins. Amazing veg :)
  • M______
    Options
    Thoughts on this smoothie? I have all the ingredients, very tempted to blend it up tomorrow morning. :)

Ingredients:
    3 cups milk (or milk substitute)
    2 tsp ACAI POWDER
    1.5 tsp MACA POWDER
    1 tsp CACAO POWDER
    2 tsp CHIA SEEDS
    1 large banana
    1 Tbsp soaked GOJI BERRIES
    2 Tbsp Coconut Oil

It tastes like a... Cacao dip. Banana does a lot for it, you get the cacao taste, then a banana one. Its really nice :)
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    2 bananas, 2 cups of almond milk, 2 scoops of Nature's Harvest by Nature's Sunshine vegan meal replacement, 1 scoop of Ultimate GreenZone powder by Nature's Sunshine(a bunch of green stuff like wheatgrass, chlorella, Spirulina, Maca etc..) and that's all.
  • Myfitself101
    Myfitself101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1 Banana, 1/2 Avocado, 500ml Rice Dream, 1 Tbsp each of ground flax, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, 1 tbsp of ground cacao nibs.....sometimes I add frozen mixed berries too....about 500cals if you are wondering. mmm mmmm mmmmmmm.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great recipes !!! Bump for later...
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    1 cup light vanilla yogurt
    1 cup fresh fruit of the day
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • SuePryde
    SuePryde Posts: 1
    Options
    This is so good. I've had it a couple of times.
  • Pocahantas013
    Options
    I've been on a smoothie kick too.. This morning was

1 c. Unsweetened almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    2 tbsp organic pb
    1 c. Frozen kale
    2 tsp. agave

Delicious! Came in at 340 calories.. I have my husband and two daughters on the smoothie train as well.

I buy ALOT of bananas wait until they get super ripe slice and throw in freezer. I also freeze my kale and spinach, I feel as if I blends better that way. If I'm really ambitious I make baggies of different combos so its ready to go.

And no.. You don't taste the kale or spinach. My girls (9 & 11) will even add it to theirs. : )

P. S. fairly new to mfp.. Feel free to add me..
  • sambuca1970
    Options
    I add body by vi shake mix ,ice ,blueberry yogurt and 1/2 cup milk idk if it will do anything thats just what iv tryed and suggestions ?
  • NoPillCaddy
    NoPillCaddy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific smoothie I make but I use things like:

Bananas
    Kale
    Spinach
    Any sort of berry
    Yogurt
    Cucumbers
    Red Bell peppers
    Avocado
    Apples
    Unsweetened Almond milk
    Slivered almonds
    Ground flax seed
    Hot peppers
    Plums
    ...whatever is lying around in my fridge that I think will be ok and blend up good. I'm not really scared to try any kind of produce. I poured a cup of V8 in a few times cause it was there.

I've found over time that ripe bananas run over almost anything I've ever put in a smoothie flavor wise. Not complaining just noting it. As a warning though, be careful putting in acidic citrus stuff with things like kale. A few times the tart acid of the fruits REALLY brought out the bitterness of the kale. It wasn't inedible but it was pretty bitter.
  • rachelhaueter
    rachelhaueter Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies. This is how I get my daily fruit intake.

1 heaping cup of frozon strawberries and banana
    1 cup orange juice (Minute Maid pulp free with calcium and vitamin C)
    1 scoop of orange sherbert

I just cant seem to bring myself to like yogurt no matter how much I try and I have never liked milk in my smoothies. I would like to find a better alternative to the sherbert since it adds to the sugar count. This is still yummy and healthier than most things though. It makes 16 ounces and fits perfectly into my mason jar glass.