Replies

• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Just break up
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    woo him with your stories about what you did that one time in band camp. But for the love of god keep it short and use paragraphs.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Did not read the whole thing.

But guys are straightforward, unlike girls. He prob doesnt like you. Stop being clingy and move on
    ^^^^^^^ THIS

If he wants you, he will come for you.

There's a recurring theme here...........which i totally agree with !! Didn't read it after I saw how long it was without paragraphs. Some of the short responses told me all I need to know !!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    There is this guy who is super great. He is so kind. He has a great sense of humor. He dresses nice. He has the most amazing smile. He plays the guitar. He sings. He's in a band! He had a small benefit concert back on Valentine's Day. I came up to him afterwards and told him how amazing at playing the guitar he was. Then I slipped him my number. He never called and I didn't see him forever. Then one day I realized he was in one of my classes. I was super nervous when I found out and the next day my teacher changes the seating chart and he was right across from me. He will say flirty little things sometimes, but then again I don't know if he just says it to every girl in proximity, although he looks at me when he says it. Prom was coming up and I wanted him to ask me. So I kept trying to get my friend to talk to him. She would always miss him. Then one day I'm in class and a girl behind me asked if I was going to prom and I said I hadn't been asked. She said It was really surprising and blurts out "Hey (insert name)! you should ask Britney to Prom!" I let out a nervous laugh along with him. After he says "Just put me on the spot like that! I can't. I'm going to be out of town." And when we had debates in class I made comments that really stumped him and made jokes about it afterwards. Then when it was my turn, he made a comment that really helped my side because we were getting creamed by the conservatives. Afterwards this other girl that was on the opposing team made a comment about how I quietly said thank you (insert name). She always butts in and sometimes I think they have a thing. Other times when he totally ignores her I think not. Anyways, that same day in class he tells me that he is having ANOTHER benefit concert at lunch and that I should come. He completely directed it at me and told no one else. Seemed obvious enough to me. So I show up and am like the first one there and they aren't even playing yet. I feel really awkward and wander a bit. Then I end up watching the door because the concert is to benefit journalism and I'm on the team, because the teacher needed to get something to collect money in. Guess who comes out. HIM! He seemed very excited to have me there. Then he says something like " So door monitor?" and after explaining he says "sick" a few times in response. He goes back in and then my teacher comes back. I go and sit in the front row and watch him set up. I start feeling very uncomfortable. Then people start showing up. I only got to hear three songs cause he waited to long to start. This is when I realize I really like this guy. I wave to him on the way out and he smiles really big and waves back. I try to leave because I was running late for my internship, but I just couldn't. I walked cooling back in when up the same steps as February, and approached him. When he saw me he smiled really big and Said, "Heeyy!" He was talking to a group of people including my teacher, talking about publicity. I made a suggestion. people responded, bla bla bla. I finally had him to myself! Then I directly addressed him and asked, "so you are going to be out of town for prom right?" He said yeah, disappointedly. Then I asked, "Well, do you want to go to spring fling with me?" He smiled really big, looked down a teeny bit and exclaimed, "yeah, sick!" I said we would talk about it next class. It was a Friday. I had all weekend to over think everything. I saw him on a B day (my school splits the schedule) and he didn't even smile at me. weird. Then the next day in class and he seemed nervous when he told me he couldn't go to the dance because he was going to be out of town and kept going on about how sorry he was. He said he was going to be out of town a lot because of mothers day and his brother's b-day. It seems weird but their rich. I have felt discouraged ever sense. Before this I was sure he liked me too, but I'm not so sure anymore and I feel like I'm out of his league. He smiles and waves in the halls and continues his little convos in class though. I don't know what to do! Do you think he likes me? I want to hang out with him and I'm lost. Please help!

See this ^

That is EXACTLY what guys are turned off by. For a guy, it isn't as complicated as all the above.

Talk to him.
    Hang out.
    See where things go.
    Don't force ANYTHING.
  • ninu13
    ninu13 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    seems like he just want to be friends. :smile:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this and no way Im reading even one word of it. all those words sounds like the teacher in Charlie Brown. my best advice is just keep it simple, this isnt rocket science. you are way overthinking things.

charlie-brown-teacher.gif
  • lalionne
    lalionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i didn't read all of this, but i got the gist....and i read all the comments. i've been in this situation before, obviously...being 28 years old. in my experience, you will KNOW when a guy likes you...unless they are extremely shy/awkward/insecure. this guy does not seem to be any of these things...he seems outgoing and whatnot. so unfortunately, he is probably not into you...but that doesn't mean that it couldn't develop over time...so i say, try to back down your feelings...but keep the friendship, be nice, all that jazz...hang out with him if the opportunity arises (but don't let yourself get too involved) and if it happens, it happens. i have tried to chase guys before & it either ends up with me hurt...or me getting the guy later on & then realizing that i didn't want him at all after some time had passed...sometimes it's about the chase. people love having people that they don't want. that being said, perhaps do what others have said & start flirting and talking to other people? you're young! also, people are attracted to others with confidence.

but yeah, on the whole...i feel that when a guy actually likes you or wants you, it is QUITE apparent. but don't worry about it too much, i never dated in high school...i never got the guy i wanted..until AFTER high school, and then all of a sudden i was "hot"...high school is weird & full of petty people playing the caste system game. if you're not one of the most popular, "pretty" girls, it might lower his status to date you. i'm not saying this is true, or trying to be mean...but it totally happens. i bet a lot of the guys in high school who thought i was cute either was too shy to say anything, or they just wouldn't because i wasn't the most popular girl...and high school **** like that is totally a joke. after high school, life changes and people start treating each other more like human beings and seeing them for who they are. you WILL feel more confident...especially if you keep up with your fitness goals!

oh yeah & i agree with people saying not too be too clingy and whatnot...major turnoff for all people. nobody wants to be bombarded with someone, even if they like them. it's hard for girls to do sometimes, but you have to often mask your feelings a bit in order to not come off as needy, annoying, pathetic, and completely lacking self confidence. be nice to the guy, but act like you really don't need him in you life at all...because you are having so much fun being you. if it's not the guy you want right now, perhaps that attitude will help attract some other guy because you are so confident and beaming!

also...go to this guy's shows...there will be other hot guys who are into music :) it's at least some good eye candy!