• NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Come to Jersey. Bring your money.
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Money for what? I'll be going through there! Whats Jersey Shore like these days?? gettin fixed up in time for summer?
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    I dont need to be in Miami until the 27th and Check out of hotel in NY on 25th so have that space between to fill and figured DC would be an interestin place to visit tourist wise.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

What have I missed that HAS TO BE SEEN in USA?!!

ummmm....THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!!!! nuff said :wink:

^^^what she said^^^^
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

Money for what? I'll be going through there! Whats Jersey Shore like these days?? gettin fixed up in time for summer?

It won't be fixed up for the summer but there are still a great deal of people that go there. I personally don't since it's *kitten* central.
  • norakcarolan
    norakcarolan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's really weird that I happened to look at this post, because I am headed to Gold Coast, QLD on a vacation in December! I was gonna post something asking where the prettiest beaches, etc are because it seems like there an endless amount of beautiful beaches there and we can't figure out where to stay!

Enjoy your US trip... I live in Colorado and I gotta say that Rocky Mountain National Park is a must-see!

Cheers!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    anyone know what the status of Jersey Shore is? Really want to see the place and check out clubs such as Karma that I see on MTV's "Jersey Shore". Met Mike 'Situation' and Pauly D when they came to Aust. (I do security/bouncer/bodyguard work so was on the job when I met them).

Jersey shore is still pretty much a wreck. Seaside Heights and Point Pleasant were hit pretty hard. most of the boardwalk was swept away. Cool thing to see in a morbidly curious way, but there wont be much clubbing. They say the shore will be open for the summer but i imagine it will be in a very limited fashion this year. A lot of restaurants closed altogether.

Agreed - I grew up in this area (I don't live there anymore, but a lot of my family still does), and I was just looking at a friend's pictures the other day with still-incomplete boardwalk. I have also read that it's supposed to be all up and running by the time our summer hits, but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that. The Jersey shore is great for what it is (going to the beach, playing games on the boardwalk, eating good "bad" food), but I don't think it's that great a hot spot for clubbing and the like. If that were on my list of things to do, I'd do it in one of the cities you're visiting. While I'd love for you to go to my home area and spend money and whatnot, since you're only around for so long, I'd rather see you make better use of your time in NYC.

I will cast my vote for the Metropolitan Museum of Art over the MOMA because there is SO much variety there. Not that the MOMA doesn't have variety, because it does, but you could literally spend an entire day at the Met and still not see everything. The Museum of Natural History is also quite impressive, and I recommend checking out the planetarium there. Definitely hit up the TKTS kiosk in Times Square and catch a Broadway show. I'm not up to speed on what's running at the moment, but even the worst shows I've seen have still been quite enjoyable.

I've only been to the LA/Anaheim/San Diego area once in my life, but I felt like the San Diego Zoo was well worth it. I've been to a lot of zoos all over North America, and it's still the best I've seen. If you get a chance, Catalina Island is gorgeous, though perhaps some SoCal people can recommend something just as beautiful that's less tourist-y.

Enjoy your trip!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Ok peeps heres the deal...
    I'll be heading to America in June and need feedback, advice, recommendations etc.

I arrive @ LAX 9th June, Universal Studios 10th, Disneyland 11th, Adventure Park 12th.
    Head to Sea world in San Diego 13th, Explore San Diego 14th (is the zoo & safari worth seeing?)
    15th-19th Im in Vegas: seeing DL Hughley 15th, Eddie Griffin 17th. Anything else I should consider?
    20th-25th NY: site seeing and need suggestions!
    26th-29th: Explore Miami 26th & 27th, attend my bros bodybuilding comp 28th & 29th. Afterparty at Club LIV.
    30th-6th July: Caribbean Carnival Cruise.
    7th: Return to Gold Coast, Queensland Australia!

What have I missed that HAS TO BE SEEN in USA?!!

I greatly suggest you check out the website cruisecritic.com. There you will find all sorts of info about your cruise, including reviews and can't miss stuff. That website is a wealth f information. On the "forems" page, you can find out everything you want to know about your cruiseline, the ship and the ports of call.
    Whos gonna be my tour guide?
    Who has the hook ups for Theme Park tix or VIP nightlife experiences?
    Anyone been on the Carnival Breeze Cruiseship?

All input/feedback/suggestions/info/hook-ups will be greatly appreciated!

I'll second cruisecritic.com. It's like the TripAdvisor for cruises. I'm personally not a fan of Carnival (no offense to anyone who is) and much prefer Royal Caribbean; however there is definitely a cost difference there, and I understand that if you are traveling on a budget, Carnival may be the way to go.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Ok, it's really weird that I happened to look at this post, because I am headed to Gold Coast, QLD on a vacation in December! I was gonna post something asking where the prettiest beaches, etc are because it seems like there an endless amount of beautiful beaches there and we can't figure out where to stay!

Enjoy your US trip... I live in Colorado and I gotta say that Rocky Mountain National Park is a must-see!

Cheers!

Surfers Paradise is the heart of the Gold Coast and the main tourist destination. It is full of family fun, nightlife, restaurants, shopping and awesome beach!
    Just south of that (the next beach down) is Broadbeach. It is very similar to Surfers Paradise but a slightly more mature environment. I love it there!
    Just north of Surfers Paradise is Main Beach. Less to see/do there and limited restaurants but A LOT more classy than the other areas! No shopping though.
    Other beaches I'd recommend would be Burleigh Heads and Coolangatta. They are the southern beaches of the Gold Coast and very nice.
    The entire stretch of the Gold Coast beaches are joined and from the northern point to the southern are 36km long. (I've walked half way and back, yet to do the entire stretch!)

What are you hoping to see here? Who will you be travelling with? Age group? Interests? Feel free to msg me for any information needed!
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BUDDY!!!! LL Cool J, Ice Cube & Public Enemy Kings of the Mic Tour the night I arrive in NY!!! Cant wait!!! Roseland Ballroom here I come! Thursday June 20th 6:30pm :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    NY you have to go to the statue of liberty! Also check out www.vegas.com for cheap tickets to shows! Have a blast!

No you DON'T

As a frequent visitor of NYC (Moving there in December), I can tell you, that that bloody boat to the statue is AWFUL!

It is jam packed with tourists, the boat journey is rocky, slow and awful. Best just to look at it from afar!
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Come to Chicago!
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty jealous of your vacation.. I'm going to Orlando for ten days in july, so i'm excited. :)

I would just add that since you will be here on the 4th of July that you save that night to see a really good fireworks show. :)

Edit: Just realized you will be on the cruise that day, so I'm sure they have it planned already for you!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    may have been said as I skipped some pages but I'd just do 2 of the 3 theme parks in LA. And I highly recommend the VIP tix at them if you can. A little bit extra but it was the difference between 1hr+ waiting times and maximum 5mins at Universal.

HIGHLY recommend the grand canyon tour by chopper. I went with maverick and thought they were great.
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When you're in NYC, hit up the Museum of Natural History! Stroll around Central Park. Take the subway (yes, the subway, it must be experienced) out to Coney Island and ride some roller coasters.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Personally I like the Wild Animal Park better then the San Diego Zoo...and I def do not think that you need to do both! PLUS...I have recently found out that there is the countries longest zipline in the Wild Animal Park too (musta missed that while I was there)! There are a lot of cool places in Cali...but is SoCal, the only thing i might suggest yet is the Santa Monica Pier.

I live in Vegas...there is a ****ton to do here!! LOL Of course, you will wanna walk as much of the Strip as possible (Bellagio Fountains, gardens and choco-fountain, Venetian gondolas and art, Mirage Volcano, TI dancers, Stratosphere rides) ...I personally do NOT think Freemont Street is worth your time. A lot of people call the Hoover Dam and Suspension Bridge a must see. As far as shows..."Rock of Ages", one of the Cirque de soleil shows (Ka, Mystere, O or Zarkana), or "Absinthe" if you like some adult humor :)

NY: Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty.

Other "must-dos" of the USA (just a few): Grand Canyon Tour, San Fransisco, Yellowstone National Park, can't remember if you said Disneyland (or Disney World), Mall of America...

Have fun!!
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    NY you have to go to the statue of liberty! Also check out www.vegas.com for cheap tickets to shows! Have a blast!

No you DON'T

As a frequent visitor of NYC (Moving there in December), I can tell you, that that bloody boat to the statue is AWFUL!

It is jam packed with tourists, the boat journey is rocky, slow and awful. Best just to look at it from afar!

OK thanks ill make a note of that!
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    may have been said as I skipped some pages but I'd just do 2 of the 3 theme parks in LA. And I highly recommend the VIP tix at them if you can. A little bit extra but it was the difference between 1hr+ waiting times and maximum 5mins at Universal.

HIGHLY recommend the grand canyon tour by chopper. I went with maverick and thought they were great.

Can these tix be purchased at the park as an addition to the SoCal City Pass? Def interested in that as I don't wanna spend all day in lines and ill have my 3yr old daughter with me so want her to see as much as possible. Doing Universal with my parents and daughter then Disneyland and Adventure Park with my daughter, cousin and his partner as my parents are not interested in those parks and going with my cuz n his partner I have someone to watch my daughter so I can go on rides as well :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Frankly the city of Miami sucks, but Key West is beautiful. You also might want to check out the glades while your there.
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    Personally I like the Wild Animal Park better then the San Diego Zoo...and I def do not think that you need to do both! PLUS...I have recently found out that there is the countries longest zipline in the Wild Animal Park too (musta missed that while I was there)! There are a lot of cool places in Cali...but is SoCal, the only thing i might suggest yet is the Santa Monica Pier.

I live in Vegas...there is a ****ton to do here!! LOL Of course, you will wanna walk as much of the Strip as possible (Bellagio Fountains, gardens and choco-fountain, Venetian gondolas and art, Mirage Volcano, TI dancers, Stratosphere rides) ...I personally do NOT think Freemont Street is worth your time. A lot of people call the Hoover Dam and Suspension Bridge a must see. As far as shows..."Rock of Ages", one of the Cirque de soleil shows (Ka, Mystere, O or Zarkana), or "Absinthe" if you like some adult humor :)

NY: Times Square, and the Statue of Liberty.

Other "must-dos" of the USA (just a few): Grand Canyon Tour, San Fransisco, Yellowstone National Park, can't remember if you said Disneyland (or Disney World), Mall of America...

Have fun!!

Excellent info!! thankyou and I've msgd you :)