Is fast food really so bad for you?

Options
Yeah it probally is but why do we tend to think it is the worst thing in the world if it was so bad then why don't we shut it down ever ask that question, but we still should not eat too much of it but alittle should be good because at least we are getting in our daily protein and calories. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• H4Z4RDOUSW4STE
    Options
    That is only my thought(Just Saying).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah it probally is but why do we tend to think it is the worst thing in the world if it was so bad then why don't we shut it down ever ask that question, but we still should not eat too much of it but alittle should be good because at least we are getting in our daily protein and calories. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what?!
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Everything is okay in moderation. As long a you're under your calorie goal it shouldn't matter.

The issue is no the food but if you want to take up so much of your daily intake with one or two things.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    The great thing about fast food is that virtually all the nutrition facts are online. That makes it quite easy to plan a meal that fits your goals for the day.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    yes, it really is that bad for you.

hard for me to get the gist of what you are saying in your post, but i *think* you are saying something like, "if it is really so bad, why does it still exist? why do people not shut it down?" etc.

for me, i tend to boycott/avoid things that I don't like. so, in a sense, I am working to "shut it down" by voting with my dollar (ie: withholding my dollar)

i do support healthier fast food choices: i love me the veggie delite on whole wheat at Subway, LOL.

but if u really wanna learn more about fast food healthwise, watch Supersize Me and Forks Over Knives on Netflix, or just starting doing your own research.
  • Britty1225
    Britty1225 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food at least once a week sometimes more. I think the trouble with fast food is that we don't want the healthier options because other items on the menu look so much more yummier! I've learned though that we can have the other stuff in moderation. We have to remind ourselves about how far we've come and how choosing the wrong foods can impact our progress. Often times I find that having chose a salad over a burger was a great decision because the salad is actually very tasty! :laugh:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options

what?!

lmao... my thoughts exactly.... think I need another cup of coffee to decipher this information...
  • teenhamodic
    teenhamodic Posts: 43
    Options
    you're new here... you should get acquainted with dieting before saying what you said lol
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Over indulgence of fast food is bad for you. The extra fat grams, sodium, sugar, etc, are bad for you if you EAT TOO MUCH OF IT.

Does this topic's question really need to be explained? I mean, come on, I think we all know the answer to the question.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The issue isn't fast food being bad for you, it's that too much bad food is bad for you. Too much water is bad for you. Too much of any one thing is bad for you. Now, determining how much is too much, well, that's half of the entire science behind nutrition.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Fast cars vs slow cars.
    Fast women vs slow women.
    Fast food vs slow food.
    What to do, what to do.
  • teenhamodic
    teenhamodic Posts: 43
    Options
    yes, it really is that bad for you.

hard for me to get the gist of what you are saying in your post, but i *think* you are saying something like, "if it is really so bad, why does it still exist? why do people not shut it down?" etc.

for me, i tend to boycott/avoid things that I don't like. so, in a sense, I am working to "shut it down" by voting with my dollar (ie: withholding my dollar)

i do support healthier fast food choices: i love me the veggie delite on whole wheat at Subway, LOL.

but if u really wanna learn more about fast food healthwise, watch Supersize Me and Forks Over Knives on Netflix, or just starting doing your own research.

it really isn't that bad for you if you know what you're doing in the bigger picture sense. plus, you can withhold your dollar all you want... it's not like these fast food industries really have crisis since fast food will always be around. but if that makes you happier that you're "making a difference" then by all means lol
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ??. Try looking into what most "fast food" is actually made of, you will be disgusted. :sick:
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Sodium, cholesterol, and grease... it's a heart attack waiting to happen... :smile:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I tend to not want to eat anything so processed that it never goes bad. If it takes that many years to deteriorate, if ever... imagine what it takes for your body to process it. I think I will divert that energy to physical things. I have fast food RARELY and almost always get a tummy ache from it.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options

The fact that you have all those laughing emoticons suggests that this is not a serious question and I hope it isn't.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    The great thing about fast food is that virtually all the nutrition facts are online. That makes it quite easy to plan a meal that fits your goals for the day.

The nutrition facts about everything are available online??

"oh I know, I'll have a mcdonalds instead of a home cooked meal because the nutritional breakdown is more easily accessible online"

That makes no sense.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options

what?!

lmao... my thoughts exactly.... think I need another cup of coffee to decipher this information...

I had coffee and am still confused.
  • paday
    paday Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think the main issue with fast food (aside from the extra chemicals, unhealthy fats, etc) is that when you're filling up on Big Macs, you're not filling up on fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins. Calories and fats themselves are not bad for us. It's the type of calories and fats we're putting in our bodies that is. So if you're trying to stay within your calorie ranges while eating fast food burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, soft drinks, etc, you aren't getting all the foods that are so important in maintaining healthy organs.

These places exist because they are BIG moneymakers. In America, we're fed ingredients in our fast foods and prepackaged products that are banned in other countries. Google it (or check out this article: http://www.shape.com/blogs/shape-your-life/13-banned-foods-still-allowed-us). The UK has much stricter food laws that we have in America. In fact, they have the exact same foods (same type, same brands) but without the banned chemicals that are allowed in American foods.

I still eat fast food though. I don't practice what I preach but I do try to keep it to a minimum. :tongue:
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation ... balance!