"Ain't got TIME for that!"

Options
Fit4_Life
Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
Ok..Here is my schedule.

4:00 -4:45 am Get ready for work-Feed animals (45 min)
4:45 - 6:45 am Drive TO work. (2 hrs)
7:00 - 5:30 pm Work (10 1/2 hrs)
(11:30 - 12:00 pm Lunch (I walk 1.5 miles) (30 min)
5:30 - 7:00 pm Drive Home. (1.5 hrs)
7:00 - 9:00 pm Make dinner and spend time with hubby (2 hrs)
9:00 pm Bed. (7 hrs)

I have just purchased the P90X and would like to start losing more weight and have some tone definition. I have done the "Insanity" which I really enjoyed, til I got called onto this construction project.
My question is, What or how would you fit little or ANY exercise in if you had my schedule? Now, they say..NOT to exercise 2 hours before bedtime.
Any positive-friendly feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance~

Replies

• LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know it's not ideal, but can you carve 45-60 minutes out of your "hubby" time to do the P90X or another workout? Maybe he could do it with you so it would still be quality time together??

It's tough, I know -- I'm a single mother with a full time job. I exercise over lunch and/or after 8pm when my daughter goes to bed. It's not ideal, but it's better than not exercising at all.

Good luck!
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Now that is a full day. You have a long commute. It looks like the only time you have is after work. You might try doing it as soon as you get home. Hope that helps.
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You drive 3.5hours to and from work and work 10.5hours a day?!?
    I hope you are paid in gold. that's 60% of your working day dedicated to work.

I'd start running in your lunchbreak (instead of walking) or doing the p90x then - leave work 1/2 an hour later to fit a shower in if you can.

Or you and husband could exercise together before dinner. Two birds, one stone. :)
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    Thank you again for great suggestions, and would enjoy reading more feedback. Yes, the only way to exercise would be in the evening. I had thought about that too. I may have to try it for a week or two to see how it goes. But, I sure miss my hubby after a long days' work. :heart:
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    Wow! I had no idea you had such an insane schedule! I don't know what to say...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with make ahead dinners (make them on days off and freeze) or crockpot meals and use dinner prep time to workout. Since you are already getting cardio at lunch, I'd concentrate on resistance/strength in the evenings.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you poor thing! What a long commute and workday! I have read that you can divide exercise into shorter spurts (like 15 minutes) if you are crunched for time. Could you do 15 minutes in the morning (could your husband feed the animals?) a more intense workout at lunch for 30 minutes, and then 15 minutes when you get home?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    First, I give you props for actually showing what your daily schedule is instead of whining that you don't have time when you really do like most people do.
    Second, your schedule is ridiculous! I don't envy you.
    Third, This is probably the best suggestion in your situation even though it's tough. :ohwell:
    I know it's not ideal, but can you carve 45-60 minutes out of your "hubby" time to do the P90X or another workout? Maybe he could do it with you so it would still be quality time together??

It's tough, I know -- I'm a single mother with a full time job. I exercise over lunch and/or after 8pm when my daughter goes to bed. It's not ideal, but it's better than not exercising at all.

Good luck!
  • Fit4_Life
    Options
    First, I give you props for actually showing what your daily schedule is instead of whining that you don't have time when you really do like most people do.

I wasn't looking for sympathy or whinning my dear...If you read above..I was looking for ADVICE and "Positive friendly feedback." Not rude comments.

Third, This is probably the best suggestion in your situation even though it's tough. :ohwell:

Good luck!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Do it on the weekends. :smile:
  • Soniaandreia
    Options
    why no exercise 2 hours before bed?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I wasn't looking for sympathy or whinning my dear...If you read above..I was looking for ADVICE and "Positive friendly feedback." Not rude comments.

Good luck!

My comment wasn't rude. I was saying that it's good that you posted your schedule. Most people don't do that. They just whine and say they don't have time to work out when in reality they're sitting on their butts watching TV 6 hours a day, but clearly that's not you. My feedback was that the comment about cutting out some of the hubby time, even though it's difficult, seems to be the best option for you given your ridiculously busy schedule. Sorry it came off as rude.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hubby cooks whilst you workout and then you spend time together : )
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Could you shorten your lunch to 30minutes and leave work at 5? Workout as soon as you get home? The issue with P90X is that the workouts are 45minutes to an hour long.
    I did the strength DVDs (after a few times with Tony) on my own while my hubby and I watch TV. I printed out the worksheets and did all of that while he's watching TV/playing on the computer next to me.
    You could even sneak in 2 workouts on Saturday and 2 on Sunday IF you really wanted to. Good luck!!!
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    I agree, try to get the hubby to work out with you! i like when we work out together, i think it brings us closer (and we do P90x together... we have all these Tony Horton inside jokes now).

ps for the record I don't think Crista_B was being rude... read it again :)
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Leave your husband and move closer to work. BAM, problem solved :tongue:
  • senoritarosita
    Options
    wow!congrats on keeping up with your busy schedule. I would suggest seeing if hubby would like to spend some quality time working out?
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    You are no longer allowed to say, I don't have time...
    You can only say, It's not a priority.

I don't have time to run 1-2 hours 3-4 times a week...but I do it anyway.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    How about getting the hubby to exercise WITH you. Exercise is a great form of Foreplay! :love: :blushing:
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Def. this.. I started P90X last March, complained bc I had no time or anywhere to do it at (living sitution was crazy) . I work 10 hr shifts, drive an hr commute. got home and after putting my son to bed around 8 or after I'd jump on P90X, shower then hit the bed an hour after I worked out, didn't bother me going to sleep bc I fell fast asleep. ha.. I got only 6 hrs of sleep.
    Let your husband know that you need at least an hr out of your time with him to workout. Hopefully he can help out around house so that maybe you can knock it out quickly and then snuggle with him. :) Just a suggestion!

Good luck!