Replies

• GreenChile3
    GreenChile3 Posts: 65
    Options
    eat them, they're the best part!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I eat them. Unless I want to make ice cream.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We buy egg whites in a carton to supplement the whole eggs we use. Rather than separating an actual egg. So I guess you could say we toss them out if you want but I hope that the company uses them in animal feed or something.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I use free-range natural duck eggs, from our ducks. Believe me, nobody would throw away the yolk from a duck egg. OMG...tasty.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I put them in my hair. Not joking. I bust the yolk, spread on my dry hair, wait about twenty minutes then jump in the shower and wash like normal. AMAZING!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Put them in your mouth and swallow.

Queue Rocky Theme song....

I eat the whole eggs now. I would just throw away the yolks or save them for aioli.
  • afanco
    afanco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You could make pasta!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The pooch loves the yolks!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Yolks are where the healthy bits are.

THIS^

Stop the "fat/cholesterol (from natural sources) is bad" nonsense. It's WRONG. Since everyone stopped eating egg yolks, animal fat, coconut oil etc and switched to canola and soy oil has health improved? I think not.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Put them in your mouth and swallow.

This!!! :bigsmile:
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    Give it to the dogs, it's good for their coats :) I cook mine for them though I don't want them to get sick
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Eat them! The whole egg makes for just about the perfect food! Very nutritious. Besides with out the yolk, the whites are pointless! Yuk! :bigsmile:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Eat the yolks.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Use them to make a custard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custard
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    put them in a bowl and add a tad bit of mustard and light mayonnaise, a bit of dill relish, and some paprika, then add them back into your egg whites and you got yourself some bomb deviled eggs! don't forget to add salt and pepper to taste!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Growing up, our elderly next door neighbors used to only eat the egg whites. They gave their egg yolks to my family and my mom would make yummy pudding with it!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just eat the yolks. Best part! :)

This. The yolk, much maligned, has great benefit. If you choose not to eat it, however, feed it to your dog or cat (not every day). Makes their coats shiny. Or buy the pourable egg stuff.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i do not like the taste of the yolk so i do not eat it generally. i do like an over easy egg as a "sauce" over roasted vegetables but i don't do that often. i generally put the yolks in the compost.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Eat them. They are good for you.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to watch that show on bravo called workout or something like that, with that lady Jackie who owned her own gym and was a personal trainer, she said there is an enzyme or something like that in the yolks that actually helps burn fat.