Bright red face!!

Options

Replies

• ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not only does my face get bright red... but it also sweats! I almost never get pit stains or sweat marks any other place on my body except for my face! The first time I went to the gym with my friend she flipped and thought I was about to die...It's so embarrassing haha.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My face really only gets beet red when I run...not with other aerobic workouts. Otherwise, I get really sweaty...stay pale and a bit cold, actually...weird, I know.
  • Imani9629
    Imani9629 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well I'm black so I can't really say I can relate
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Not only does my face get bright red... but it also sweats! I almost never get pit stains or sweat marks any other place on my body except for my face! The first time I went to the gym with my friend she flipped and thought I was about to die...It's so embarrassing haha.

^^ This is me too! I have to wear a headband when I run to help keep it out of my face! Then I have to come home and IMMEDIATELY wash my face because it will also cause me to break out. Ugh..the things we do to be healthy....:laugh:
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It happens to me, and I only weigh 115. It's not being over weight. I've often wondered too lol
  • magisy
    magisy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yep, have the same problem here! Although this is terrible for me to admit, it doesn't bother me too much- as long as it gets good and red during an AM workout on a workday. Then EVERYONE who sees me knows I was motivated to get up and exercise (or they think I have a horrendous sunburn).

I hate it when it happens on weekends though. :laugh:
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I would say yes, but that would be an understatement. Mine turns a ridiculous color of purpley red.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...exercise, drinking, being in the spotlight, and sunburn make this red head turn bright red!

Metabolic workout are the worst, like kettlebells and my boxing circuits make my face, and my arms bright red for like 2 hours. Just need to breathe and cool off.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yep my face even goes red in the swimming pool, I don't sweat very much though. I know I've worked hard if I'm still a nice healthy shade of hot pink an hour after a workout :blushing:
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    Me! Although it used to be MUCH worse when I was at a much higher weight. I have noticed it takes longer now to get that beer red look, and it goes away more quickly. I am attributing this to getting more fit! I am still a tomato during high intensity cardio!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    not that i know of/dont know
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Any form of exercise and I'm red for ages, i def look like I'm about to have a heart attack or something :laugh:
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes! Mine has done this my entire life, regardless of which weight I am at. Anytime my body heat goes up, for whatever reason, my face is blood red! Exercise, drinking alcohol or just sitting in a hot room. I can take cold water, place it on my face and let it air dry. It will help some but will never go away until by body temp drops.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I get very red faced when I run. It doesn't last tooo long after I am finished though. 30-45 minutes maybe. I

Oh, and like someone else mentioned--my face gets red when I drink alcohol too. Even just one drink and it starts to get red. I blush very easily too. It's mildly annoying.
  • CoffeeAndRunningShoes
    CoffeeAndRunningShoes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I get very red faced when I run. I think it has more to do with how fair skinned a person is and how close to the surface the blood vessels are than weight. I have always blushed really easily too so its probably related. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of especially fair-skinned women have the same problem. I'm Irish and as fair as they come - it's a big problem for me. However, I complained about it to my brother today and he was like, "Why are ALL girls worried about that? Seriously... every girl I know complains about that. Who cares?" I was like... *quiet forever*
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Bright red and super sweaty. It's usually fine by the time I'm showered and ready to leave the gym, thankfully.
  • mylittletribe
    Options
    Yup, here too. I was thinking this last night at the gym. I turn bright red (as does my upper arms and chest,) and sweat like crazy. I'm blaming it on the Irish ancestry. Then again, my daughter is half Native American, darker complected, and she gets very red faced (and arms and neck) too.
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh I hear you! I'm a bright red face gal too. Always have been, even as a kid. I hated doing sports and pe at school because I'd look like a sunburnt tomato every time. I don't think it has anything to do with weight because I haven't always been big. I also have very pale skin, and blush easily.

My 11 year old daughter goes fluro red when she exercises too, she's a skinny little thing. She hates it as well. Her skin is not as pale as mine, and she has dark blond hair rather than the reddish dark brown that I have.

I think we're just unlucky.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Yup. Red when I'm hot, cold, embarrassed, angry, happy, if something touches me for too long... I also bruise easily. Can we hear three cheers for pale German skin! Woo. :indifferent: :explode: :embarassed: :blushing: (see what I did there?)