Man to Man: A Support System for Men (part 2)

Options

Replies

• gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys (and you spying Girls)

I was sent this by a female friend who thought that you "guys" would get a kick out of this.

Disclaimer: The following characterizations in the are fictitious. Any resemblance to real dogs or wives, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

"Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives:

1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.

2. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.

3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.

4. A dog's parents never visit.

5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.

6. You never have to wait for a dog; they're ready to go 24 hours a day.

7. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk..

8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.

9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, "If I died, would you get another dog?"

10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.

11. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert

12. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don't get mad. They just think it's interesting.

13. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.

And last, but certainly not least:

14. If a dog leaves, it won't take half of your stuff.

Ultimate True Test: Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour. Then open the trunk and see who's the happiest to see you."
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Well guys, for this week in the challenge, I need someone to carry my slack.

Gained 0.2 pounds.

Challenge SW: 226
    CW: 226.2
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    LOL, Gr8!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Ultimate True Test: Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour. Then open the trunk and see who's the happiest to see you."

If one of you tries this, let me know how it goes.

That sucks about Casper, if he was that banged up, I'd hate to see the Mustang.

I weighed myself this am. I was up another 5 pounds. I've got to quit screwing around, and get the rest of the weight off. I know I can do it, I've done it before. See my latest blog post about what I'm doing about it if you're interested. Hit my goals, weight will take care of itself.

Anyone else kinda-sorta thinking about football season yet?
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    guys - i have to rave a bit here - went shopping with my wife this past weekend - found some great deals on some pants but they were all like 31,32 waist - haven't worn that since high school - at my wife's pleading i tried them on - not only did they fit but the 32's were even a little loose - talk about getting pumped up....................

have to say - that was pretty cool - pretty darn cool
  • Umpire57
    Options

I am, We have had our clinics and 1st game should be scheduled for last weekend in August. It is going to feel good to be out there and be able to move like I did when I was a player. (Maybe those running backs wont try to use me as interference as much this season) :)

I kinda figured you meant watching but I am stoked to be involved by officiating so I chimed in. I am looking forward to being a fan as well!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Man, I hope Casper's ok. Get better soon Casper!

I had the craziest weekend... my entire neighborhood flooded on saturday morning. Here's the view from my front lawn:

frontlawn.png

My basement was flooded up to the trusses of the first floor of my house and I didn't have any water pumps so I called the plumber but my city was declared a state of emergency and no one was able to get in because all the roads where under so the plumber had to leave the equipment at the gas station a mile from my house and I walked through the water to get to him, pick up the 30 lb pump and 15 lb hose and walked it back holding it up in my arms, each round trip took an hour and a half. I did this three times with water up to my waist through most of it. It reminded me of those Vietnam movies where the troops are walking through the jungle swamps with their rifles above the water. My biceps, forearms, and traps are still really sore.

It was surreal, a 100-yr flood, and the whole time I was kicking myself for having hesitated on buying a kayak a few months ago, that would've been so cool to be kayaking through the streets with that.
  • iplayoutside19
    Options

I am, We have had our clinics and 1st game should be scheduled for last weekend in August. It is going to feel good to be out there and be able to move like I did when I was a player. (Maybe those running backs wont try to use me as interference as much this season) :)

I kinda figured you meant watching but I am stoked to be involved by officiating so I chimed in. I am looking forward to being a fan as well!

Do you officiate High School? My wife is a band Director so I go to a lot of High School games. At her old district I did the chain gang. I forgot how fast the game goes when you're engaged in the game like that. However, at the district we're in now three old timers have been doing the chains since Ceaser was a road guard. I don't think I'll get back on the chains any time soon.

WFS, That sucks. The only natural disaster I have not been in, and help clean up, is a flood. Can't say I'm real anxious to do that.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Yes, I do high school. I absolutely love it!
  • DanOhh
    Options

YES! Football's right around the corner. In a sports drought here in KC since the Royals have decided to phone in another season. Time to start researching for Fantasy Football.
  • DanOhh
    Options
    My basement was flooded up to the trusses of the first floor of my house and I didn't have any water pumps so I called the plumber but my city was declared a state of emergency and no one was able to get in because all the roads where under so the plumber had to leave the equipment at the gas station a mile from my house and I walked through the water to get to him, pick up the 30 lb pump and 15 lb hose and walked it back holding it up in my arms, each round trip took an hour and a half. I did this three times with water up to my waist through most of it. It reminded me of those Vietnam movies where the troops are walking through the jungle swamps with their rifles above the water. My biceps, forearms, and traps are still really sore.

It was surreal, a 100-yr flood, and the whole time I was kicking myself for having hesitated on buying a kayak a few months ago, that would've been so cool to be kayaking through the streets with that.
    Sorry to see that. I hope you can get it all cleaned up. Was that in Chicago?
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Dan: The game where I went to Atlanta w/ my daughter, I got to see your Royals.
  • iplayoutside19
    Options

YES! Football's right around the corner. In a sports drought here in KC since the Royals have decided to phone in another season. Time to start researching for Fantasy Football.

Hey Dan, I used to live in the 'Dotte. They're my Royals too, and I've tried several times to divorce them but it never works out. They'll win a few games and I'll come running back like a battered wife. There should be a Royals Fan Shelter where you can watch baseball, but never hear about the Royals.

I assume you're a Chiefs Fan too?

As for the fitness thing, I hit all of my goals I set for myelf in the last 24 hours. Except I unknowingly had some HFCS with dinner last night, but it wasn't much, and it won't happen again.
  • DanOhh
    Options
    Yeppers, I'm a Chiefs fan on the pro side and a K-State fan on the college side. There's hope for the Chiefs this year because the AFC West is so watered down, it's anyone's game.
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Sorry to see that. I hope you can get it all cleaned up. Was that in Chicago?

Yup, well about 30 minutes away from the city in a suburb west of Chicago called Westchester.
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    If you guys are going to talk football in here I'm going to have to pop in more.

Chicago Bears fan, used to play in the UK for the London Olympians (Euro champs, GB champs for a long while) and love the sport. That and my Soccer team Chelsea bring me the most sport joy imaginable. :)

Anyway, to check in properly, 4lb loss this week and I'm well happy with that. Long way to go for me but I'm confident I can get there.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Im still around fellers. typing lefty, 1 plate 2 screws in right arm.

guy was running from cops. took turn way left of center. i was coming other way. saw him for mebbe 2 secs, got bike almost to ditch, got clipped anyway. thrown from moto, right arm broke, lil rash, concussion. full gear of course. side of car cut wide open by my bike.

sitting round po'ed, trying not to nerve eat too much. thinking of 1 arm elliptical,,, better not for a day or 3. doc sez no bike, arm can't stand it. 10# weight limit on arm.

this sux,,, I had a great summer going too.
  • Kasuko
    Kasuko Posts: 42
    Options
    Howdy, just joined up myself. While I was recommended to this site by another male friend I was afraid I was going to be drowning in a sea of women. (I've lived with women all my life and it's not a problem I just like chilling every now and then)

Glad when I found this forum here. It's great to see some support.

Can't wait to hang out here.

Kasuko

P.S. CasperO, thats bad news, and while I am new I still wish you a swift recovery.
  • iamnick
    iamnick Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new to MFP.

Saints fan, Hornets fan, LSU fan, and a very, very casual Atlanta Braves fan.
    and a big fan of boxing/mma.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I'm in. About to go home, but marking for later!