NSV I had to share my excitement with someone!:)

Options
2»

Replies

• Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm about to start the C25K myself and am worried about feeling self conscious as well. Good for you for pushing past it!!
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    AWESOME !!!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    thanx everyone:) The music really helped..i just turned it up loud and sang along in my head..passes the time,and makes you forget your surroundings..i live in a busy neighborhood also
  • VeganZombie13
    VeganZombie13 Posts: 297
    Options
    WOOT>> VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!
  • KandyW02
    KandyW02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! So proud and you have every right to proud of YOURSELF!!! :drinker: :happy:
  • Southern_Cross_Girl
    Southern_Cross_Girl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's so cute! Yay you!!
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    By nature, I am not a jogger/runner either unless I'm doing so after our 4-year-old daughter outside. She's so full of energy! Anyway, this NSV for you is awesome! Great job and DON"T give up!!
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K back in Febraury and completed the nine weeks. I lacked confidence in myself and feared that I would bail on this program and never finish. As I looked to future workouts, I thought there was no way I would be able to run for 10 minutes let alone 30. Well, I did and it was AWESOME!

When I completed that program, I realized that I still needed the structure of a program and strarted 5k210k. Last Sunday I ran 6 miles!! Here I am, 51 years old and 180 pounds, but I was RUNNING (slow but who cares...I'm not training for the Olympics).

I completed my first 5k in March with 2 goals: finish it and finish in 45 minutes or less. I accomplished the first goal and finished in 50 minutes.

On May 18, I will run another 5k and I plan to RUN the entire course and hopefully accomplish the second original goal.

My journey is not complete. I want to get to 145 (so I can be in the normal BMI range) and continue to lose and get fit so I can fit into my wedding dress!!

If this fat, old woman can do it, anybody can.
  • jimtryingtoslim
    jimtryingtoslim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    fantastic work, keep it up. Thinking about starting C25K soon.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am have only done 3 days of 30DS and all I can do is go to bed afterwards, lol.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm starting week 2 tomorrow and I feel self conscious but I'm forcing myself to run anyway. Hopefully I get to that point one day soon where I just don't care what anyone thinks, although I do find running so challenging that all my focus sometimes is just getting through the minute of running and not on who's around.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Happy Mom, I remember that feeling! Last Thanksgiving went to a 'boot camp' at my gym and we were told to go run around the building ... and as I round the corner of the building I said HEY I'M RUNNING!!! What a feeling....felt so good. And btw ... I am much older than you! Congrats ...:flowerforyou:
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nice. Congrats! :) Keep them coming!

Cheers!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!