This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Great thread! Thanks OP!
  • SocialSocks
    Options
    I love this thread. :)
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This is good to know/see - I spend a lot of time comparing myself to photos that aren't even real. screw that :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. Thanks for posting!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    #7 the compilation photo.
    0126-kourtney-kardashian.jpg

Look for heavily shopped images that look normal enough, but you don't know why it seems "off" You'll notice here, a mysterious floating head, also her wrist seems a little odd doesn't it?
    The second image is from the same photo shoot. They first turned her white shirt lavender, and the babies shirt white. Now you can see it don't you?
    The magazine cover is actually, from what I can tell at least 4 different photos compiled together. Notice her hands are the exact same, but the baby is different (and his head is floating). Her head from a different photo than the body. Not to mention the heavy work done on her "drop that baby weight" body. I think it's just terrible the pressure they put on new moms just to sell magazines.

I'm going to take off for the night, but I can keep finding them if it looks like the conversation shows enough interest, i don't want to bug the MFP world lol
    Wow thanks for sharing these!!! The floating head thing is so obvious now you pointed it out! As for this one with the baby, I wonder why they bothered doing a photo shoot really, if all they were going to do was stick different bits together and then change the colours, they could have just taken them off google or something lol.

I think I read somewhere that the Kardashian Christmas photo is done that way. They are all so busy that they can't get together so they photoshop everyone in. Take a look at one of them and it is pretty obvious.

KARDASHIAN-CHRISTMAS-CARD.jpg

It doesn't even look like a photo, it looks like one of those photo to canvas converts. Everyone in that picture looks angry and plastic. Also, this is a Christmas card? Looks like an Adam's Family Halloween portrait.

Kourtney's baby does look like the baby in the second movie.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Mascara
    Mascara ad's are a big pet peeve of mine.
    orig-8470951.jpg
    Using fake eyelashes, or even worse, photoshopped, not one of them show us what real eyelashes look like with their product. In this one they left some of the viens and pink color in the whites, but still really edited the eyes. Her nose looks plastic, and she hasn't got a pore her face. The little hairs at the top of her scalp were drawn in.
    It has an odd line along her collar because that was added after and the hand holding the brush is floating, probably a hand model and not hers.
    The brush she is holding is actually an illustration of the product, not the real thing. Now that I point that out it even looks fake doesn't it?

That is creepy. It's as if she has a Go-Go Gadget arm that can go fifty feet in any direction.
  • rose3434
    rose3434 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump thank you I am going to show this to my teenage grandchilden
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Bump! Everyone should read this!
  • Pachinko2009
    Pachinko2009 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are my hero :) thank you for posting this!!
  • SarahBean89
    SarahBean89 Posts: 16
    Options
    This is such a great thread! I knew many pictures were photo shopped in magazines, but I didn't know to what extent! Thanks OP.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Bump!! The leg on the model in the pantyhose ad was insane!!!!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Here are a few more before and afters - you can find these googling "photoshop below and after" I'll get back to specific things to look for on the next post.
    victorias-secret-bad-photoshop-7-520x350.jpg
    before-and-after-photoshop.jpg
    britney-spears-before-after-candies-photoshop2-480x649.jpg
    megan-fox-photoshop-before-and-after.jpg

Wow, Brittany looks way better in the first one cellulite and all.
    Goes to show how beautiful we are and sometimes do not even realize, picking at the smallest things that are a part of being a woman,
    She looks womanly and gorgeous then they cut pieces of her off. yuck
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump! This is such a great thread. Thanks for opening my eyes.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bump to follow. This is fascinating! I can usually tell when things are Photoshopped, but It's nice to learn to spot all of the inconsistencies!
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I needed this reminder. I'm so tired of hating my body and all its flaws (humanness?) I will be sharing this with my gorgeous, slender, 10-year-old daughter. Young girls are so impressionable! (And so are we "old girls!")
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see more!
  • thezombiesailor
    Options
    Amazing how you could spend so much time wishing you could be that person on the cover of a magazine and it turns out to be about four different people. Crazy. Makes you wonder if celebs wish they looked like the end result of their photoshopped pictures.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm going to test my new skills! Lemme know if I'm right!

8x38uh.jpg

Floating head? Chest looks exaggerated. As well as all signs of being an actual person having been erased from her face and shadows added.

2ihlc40.jpg

Another floating head? Her face is just...awful. Somehow they elongated her face more and erased all her wrinkles, of which she has many. She looks like stretched plastic. As well as her waist having been brought in a lot.