NON FOOD REWARDS - NEED SOME IDEAS

Options

Replies

• Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress in the size that I'll wear when I reach my goal. I love it, but can't wear it until I drop the weight.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 35 pound mark, I treated myself to a massage. Much better than junk food any day!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Sorry for any repeats:

New workout gear
    New "fun" shoes
    New outfit
    New bag
    Fun jewelry - Maybe the earrings at one goal, the matching necklace at another, then a bracelet?
    Tickets to an event
    A massage
    Mani/Pedi
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    A massage.
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to an expensive lipstick that I love but wouldn't ordinarily buy due to cost; usually I get the $7 drugstore brands but for a reward I get Estee Lauder or Lancome (love the scent, colors, texture, and case, very splurgey).

You have a great idea to find non-food rewards for yourself, and map them out so you can look forward to them! Best of luck on your very successful journey.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a new pair of jeans.... hey you should think about getting a manicure or pedicure; I just got one, it was intense since I've never had one, and it's not really for any weight loss, but I think it would be a nice thing to do. I think they make me feel like a model (am I too country to think that? :D) haha!
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A massage and a pedicure are always nice treats!
  • IHTSM
    IHTSM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For a big reward, maybe even take a day off of work to go to the spa! Or not take time off, but time is a great reward in my book
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I hit the 25 down mark, I got my nails done. It was such a great self esteem booster for me. When I hit 50, my friend/weight loss "coach" purchased a gift certificate for me to get my hair cut/colored. I set my appointment for June 7th, still have about 5 lbs more to lose before hitting the big 5-0 Lost. No clue what I'm doing for 75 down just yet.
  • Gordo1981
    Gordo1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A Board game would be great for me.... www.boardgamegeek.com I would like to get Sentinels of the multiverse! or Agricola or maybe the Star trek deck building game. Maybe something active you wouldn't normally go for, Fencing class for me!

Or you know shoes, or maybe a kettlebell? Ipod? Sign up for a 5 k run? Yoga pants?
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mani/pedi
    Get your hair done
    New shoes
    New makeup (lipstick, foundation, mascara...whatever)
    New (better) moisturizer...for your face or your body -- I mention body lotion because I read an article that said when you lose weight you have the extra skin, right? if you exfoliate and moisturize well, it will help to tighten that skin
    Spa day - facial and/or massage
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    pedicure

I also treated myself to some clothes that I really liked.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    There were lots of clothing rewards for me. For the big ones.....50....100....150.....175 i did tattoos. i had lost a total of 192lbs and now i'm back here.... i'm not rewarding myself for something i already rewarded myself for before. when i hit my final goal i want another tattoo. it's going to be a cupcake with "370" written by it on my inner right wrist. to remind me every time i try to raise food to my mouth i will see it and remember that it was that that got me up to 370lbs.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Sorry for repeats, but my personal preferences are:
    1. Massage
    2. A nice dress
    3. Pants ( immensely satisfying to buy pants in a smaller size)
    4. Take a healthy cooking class
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    At about 50lb go to Victoria's Secret (or somewhere better) to get refit for new bras and underwear. I "think" that's about where you'll need them. It should also give you a nice confidence boost to be wearing "sexy" underwear.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to buy a bracelet (Pandora type) and add a bead each time I lose weight and/or have a significant NSV! I'm looking forward to looking at beads and remembering why I got each one :D
    I love this idea.
    Extra bonus: having a tangible item to connect to your weight loss would be a nice, gentle reminder to help keep it off.
  • detroitcupcake
    detroitcupcake Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i love the pandora idea!!! next check im heading to the jewelry store.im such a jewelry girl,dunno why i didnt think of it first :-)
  • lizschiller165
    lizschiller165 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pedicure/manicure

a new hairstyle to go with your new look

gym membership, or a new fitness class

a trip to the beach, or pool to show off your new bod :)
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sport socks, a cute little belt pack for my phone, ear buds, clothes. Entry into a 5K and pictures of myself for a shadow box. How about a quick portrait package of yourself when you hit a really big goal?
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I got a charm bracelet for my first ten pounds, and am adding a charm each time I hit another ten. It's beautiful and jangly now - and I can't wait for it to be really full! I wear it a lot....it's a fantastic reminder.