Do you use the gym showers?

Options

Replies

• melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    All the time they are private and I don't worry about weirdos I know what and who I am and besides it's extra gross to leave and go any where after working up a sweat and how the hell can you put on other clothes funky,ewe:
  • deedee303z
    deedee303z Posts: 31
    Options
    The first gym I went to, I would use the showers. I was usually there mid-day and had other things to do afterwards. The last gym--no. The clientele at that gym was a bit sketchy and the shower facilities not very nice. I always planned things so that I could go straight home from the gym. Now I just work out at home--cheaper and less stressful.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Must be different in the men's. In the ladies we have soft music, scented soaps, drinks with umbrellas in them and wild lesbian love parties.

OMG, I almost spit my coffee out all over the screen !

My old gym had cute rooms with showers, soap, shampoo, lockers ..... my "new" gym has nothing, but it's cheaper ..... I use body wipes & spray ...... then I drive to work with the windows open :laugh:
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I wish the guy on the treadmill beside me the other night would have used the shower BEFORE working out. who works out in jeans and a polo shirt???:huh:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Nope, I live 2 minutes from my Gym, so I go home and shower. Hell I usually arrive in my workout clothes so I don't need to find a locker. Plus now that the ice and snow is gone, I don't hit the gym very often, I go outside and run. I'm no longer the Mayor of my Gym on 4square but I'm still the duke on Yelp because nobody in my town uses Yelp.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Used to shower at planet fitness, and it wasn't 100% private but I usually timed my workout to late at night when nobody was there(showered at home after) or during off-peak hours, so I rarely had to see anyone else naked... Plus I always wore flip flops-don't want to catch some unrulely foot disease!!! And carrying all hygiene essential was always a pain, but I did not want to smell like who-did-what when I went to work after... But yes, I am not afraid of the showers, as long as I've got my feet protected! And I don't put any of my stuff on the floor/hanging spots 'cause I don't know what is 100 percent clean... just throw it all back in my bag out the shower as I'm done with it...
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I always use the gym shower. Of course, they dont really like me too since I dont have a membership. :huh:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I'm a grown adult.
    Yes.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Nah, I live too close to the gym to need to use the shower.

But I almost did during the 6 days without power/hot water in the Hurricane Sandy aftermath, but a family friend opened opened up their home.
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I pee in the pool, I skip the shower. Otherwise I hit the shower to pee.
    I seriously did LOL at this.:laugh:
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I pee in the pool, I skip the shower. Otherwise I hit the shower to pee.
    I seriously did LOL at this.:laugh:

Because you do this too, right? :tongue:
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do my gym isn't the cleanest but I read somewhere you can actually bring germs home if you don't shower but still I have also mastered not letting anything touch the floor either hahahah
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Yup, I usually work out just before work or during lunch. Since I always get a good sweat on, not showering would be gross and rude to my bosses, coworkers and clients. My gym has stalls with locking doors, they provide the (very bleached smelling) towels and I provide the flip flops. Some of y'all's gyms sound just nasty in comparison...
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I pay a high price for my gym and it is very clean and very private so yes I do shower. I couldn't imagine not showering after a workout. I don't know about you all, but I am dripping sweat after and I would never subject other people that stank!
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've always showered after a workout, we only have communal showers but it doesn't bother me, unless some weirdo is gawping or licking his lips, then I worry a little.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while, but GENERALLY i shower after work and then I head home and have a shower.

I do keep a travel size bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in my gym bag just in case, but then I usually end up having to go commando since I NEVER remember to keep an extra pair of underwear in my bag.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i wait till i get home too. especially with smart phones these days...why start now?

my gym is a ten minute walk so i have no problem waiting. also, i grew up in a very sexually repressed nakedness is bad kind of home, so i don't like being naked around anyone except my fiance!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    mental note. don't ask bearkisses for a naked pic. :grumble:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    dont go to gym
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    My work has a nice, employee-only, gym with clean showers. It's usually pretty quiet when I go, before work, so yeah I am going to shower there! I'd be standing in line for the shower if it was busy!