Any 5'6, 180-190lb Ladies out there? Or were you once??

Options
13»

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I was when I first started my journey.. 181lbs to be exact. I've gone from that weight and 32% body fat on Jan 1 to 166lbs 22% now. Feel free to add me
  • cabrerawifeylv
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and started out at 180. No one believed me when I told them my weight... so im imagining that you just look thick and curvy =] I am currently 138 & my goal weight is 115 since im getting married next month. I have a personal trainer that i absolutely love & after all the encouragement that she has given me & the relationship that continued to build outside of the gym, she is now one of my bridemaids =]

I definitely know what it's like going through this
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 180 :) You can all add me if you want
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 206 currently. no one every believes that I'm over 200. Usually folks think I'm between 180-190 tops. (first goal) I'm an hourglass shape which helps I think. When I do lose weight I lose it everywhere except my FREAKING ARMS....*ahem* and my face, but I'm okay with my face. We made peace years ago.

I'd love to connect with people who have around the same amount to release (65lbs here).
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3-1/2 -- I'm currently about 178 lbs. My goal weight is 160 (yes, at my height). I'm only chiming in because I just want to caution everyone that is caught up or focused on a certain number on the scale. Your body composition has the ability to change so much as you're losing weight-- are you just focused on eating healthier, doing cardio, weight lifting?

Focus on body fat percentage and use your scale as a tool to monitor your fluctuations, but don't set a desired number -- maybe more like a desired range.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.75" and was 190 at my last weight in. I know that even when I weighted 160 people would ask wear I was hiding it. From 175 on it was in my face, arms, everywhere!
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Dude! That was me! I'm 5'6", and my highest was 209 back in 2005. No one believed me when I told them I was 200 pounds. They said I "carried it well"… I just thought I dressed appropriately, too.

8 years later, and I'm down to 146. Any one can add me. I love friends who interact.
  • Dreajewkes
    Dreajewkes Posts: 73
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 190 lbs been that weight most of my life, other than gaining 50 lbs during my pregnancy. I have recently lost 60 lbs and would like to lose 30 more. Excited and nervous :-) feel free to add me.
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 192. I have a cute waist and then it goes south with the hips, waist and thighs. However, I'm strong! I can run, and feel really great. The weight is hard to get off me now but I keep stiicking to it. I'm striving to get to about 165.

Thanks
    Anita
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5, so kinda close to the 5'6 mark (depends on how much sleep I get). Down in the 180's now, was up to 209. Trying to get to 140's, but we'll see how long that takes since I also started Stronglifts a month ago. Jogging/running/walking got the first 20 lbs off, but I want to retain muscle as well. Weight sits mostly on butt and thighs, and my shoulders are broader than my 17 year old son who boxes. Smallish waist, but that just makes finding pants incredibly hard (I hate belts). I was in my 160's in high school and was sort of in shape, so I know I can get to 150's at least, but I don't know how much loose skin I will wind up with. I'm hoping that by going slowly it will shrink back with me to a certain extent.
  • Denarcy
    Denarcy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there!

Add me too.
    I'm 5'5", currently at 195 and have lost 40# since January with exercise and consuming "Whole Foods"
    I am bound and determined to get to 135 or smaller. My comfortable wt has always been around 125-130.

I was always small until I had my children and 23 years later I'm still carrying that weight.
    This year I say "Enough is enough" it's time to get Fit For LIfe.
    Would love to connect with women on the same boat. Ideas for success and support. :)
  • TheMomm
    TheMomm Posts: 17
    Options
    WOW! Such a huge response!! ... Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your stories :) ... I don't even know where to start in response to so many comments, so please, feel free to add me as a friend and we can chat further .. and of course motivate and inspire eachother! THANKS!! :)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'6", 187 right now, started at 210. Anyone who would like to is welcome to add me. :smile:
  • sreastham
    sreastham Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" tall. I lost 35 pounds a few years ago and got to 153. However, being a caregiver for 10 years got the best of me and I gained that back plus. So this time I started at 203 and have lost 10 pounds. Having trouble keeping motivated so I thought joining this site could help. I did that a few days ago and hope to lose about 50 more. Please add me if you need a friend. I do.
  • jtempalski
    jtempalski Posts: 80
    Options
    I am 5'6"and started at 165... I am currently down to 146.2!! I have been doing Turbo Fire since March 4th and have been trying my "hardest" to watch what I eat... though I def dont eat perfect and still enjoy food.

I have now logged in faithfully for 40 days and willing to be friends on MFP with whomever needs some motivation to keep going!

Feel free to add me :-)
  • Quietborderline
    Quietborderline Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to myself! I am just shy of 5'6" and currently at 186 lbs. I just joined this site yesterday. So far I really love it, I have learned so much about the nutritional content in the food I eat in just 24 hours, it's unbelievable. I too am able to hide my weight well! No one believes I weigh as much as I do. It is all in my stomach, butt, and a bit in my upper thighs. The only difference is I have REALLY big boobs and always have (wish I didn't!), even when I've been thin.

So far I am really motivated to do this, but I always start out like gang-busters and fizzle out after time... with EVERYTHING, not just weight loss and healthy living. So this time I'm trying to get a group of "friends" to really keep me on track and keep me from giving up! Would love to add you! Either way, good luck on your journey!