Fresh fruit!

Options
2»

Replies

• cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i often find myself over on my sugar content because of fruit. but hey, it could be worse!!! it definitely could be worse. :flowerforyou:
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love mangoes!
    And frozen grapes are delicious!
  • Casilibre
    Casilibre Posts: 21
    Options
    Mangos, Pineapple, Watermelon sprinkled with chili & lime juice. Ymmmmmmmm! I live in Mexico so every fruit we put chili on. So good!
  • GAB219
    GAB219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You haven't had a mango until you've eaten one in the Philippines straight out of the jungle and cut upen with a machete.

I know what you mean. When I lived in the Philippines, our backyard had 8 guava trees, 1 avacado, 1 mango, 2 clementine (similar), and 2 banana. We also had a vegetable farms, rice paddy, fish hatchery, and of course farm animals. We didn't have to go grocery shopping, everything was in the "backyard."

I miss a lot of fruits from there that they don't have here :(

I haven't tried a fruit I didn't like...oooh, maybe a durian :)
  • echippendale
    Options
    ilove kiwi but im allergic to them so cant eat any more,, i love blueberries and oranges
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I eat apples and bananas every day. They're available year round, yummy and cheap.

When they're in season and on sale I'll buy berries.

I am allergic to citrus, so I have to be really careful with what fruits I eat.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You haven't had a mango until you've eaten one in the Philippines straight out of the jungle and cut upen with a machete.

I know what you mean. When I lived in the Philippines, our backyard had 8 guava trees, 1 avacado, 1 mango, 2 clementine (similar), and 2 banana. We also had a vegetable farms, rice paddy, fish hatchery, and of course farm animals. We didn't have to go grocery shopping, everything was in the "backyard."

You lived in paradise and moved away?!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Mango is among the best if it's properly ripe :D I have never tried a fruit I didn't like, though.
  • GAB219
    GAB219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

You lived in paradise and moved away?!

Hahaha! Silly me, I was lured in by the promise of the American dream ;)
  • Lass70
    Lass70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love fruit, but won't eat as much as I'd like due to sugar content. Not so bad with melon- don't mind if I do!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to my fruit crop this year, my cherry tree is laden with blossom, likewise my apple, and for first time ever my currant bushes have loads of blossom

The peach in a cold greenhouse should give plenty, and of course the old never fail rhubarb
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Love a good juicy pear too!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, strawberries, fresh coconut, grapes, pineapples ...... Yummy!!!