Who else uses a food scale?

Options

Replies

• tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Digital measuring spoon? WHERE did you find that? I want one!

I found mine at Winners, but I think stock at each store varies...if it helps at all the brand name is PastryChef (Digital Measuring Spoon)
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    I do and I love it! I use it for everything so that I know exactly what I'm putting in my body. When I buy things at the store, before I put things away, I divide everything up in snack bags based on one serving size so I can grab one serving quickly without being tempted to overindulge. It has really changed my awareness of how much I eat.

That is genius! I might have to start doing that!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Always use mine. Love it. Be lost without it! I have taken mine to restaurants as well. I've carried a small measuring cup in my purse too!
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Mine is not very useful, because "S*^t Ton" is not measurable on a food scale :P just kidding

Use mine all the time :D
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have one! At first I was quite depressed how much a serving could be lol. I did grow to love it and I use it a lot :) My husband who is in great shape likes using it as well. I feel much better about eating baked fries and joseph's sugar free cookies because I know I'm eating within reason :)
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Love mine! It's been a great tool for me. Suprisingly I found that I was eating less than I needed to for a portion which was a fabulous discovery:)
  • janel867
    janel867 Posts: 53
    Options
    I always use a scale and LOVE it!

What freaks me out is the amount of almonds or walnuts is in an actual serving...I can totally see people eating 3-5 servings at a time thinking it's only 1.

:bigsmile:
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use my scale for most meals. I use it instead of measuring cups even.

Why should I get a measuring cup or tablespoon out and measure my salad dressing, for example. When I can do it once, weight it and write it on the sticky not on my cupboard. Then I just pour in the proper weight of dressing and don't dirty a spoon or cup. I do this with a lot of liquids.

Most liquids that are mostly water turn out to be 1 oz per 1 fluid oz. Interesting how that works.:wink:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I do :) and cups and measuring spoons :)
  • Sobeeit
    Sobeeit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Every day... everything I eat gets weighed and logged . Keep 2 in the house and 1 in the car
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    One of the best things I ever got to help me regulate calorie intake! Its great to be able to really measure out snacks. Then you can eat them and know what you are getting. Same for...well...virtually anything! Great question, by the way!
  • livelaughlove384
    Options
    I LOVE my food scale. Wouldn't go a day without it!
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Just got mine and I am so happy with it, it's great to cut the guess work out of how much you eat of any given thing. I am sure there are many people who think they are eating a 4oz piece of chicken and its really 7...

Who else uses one?

I do. it's become part of setting the table along with a note pad and pencil
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale.
    You should too.
    Everyone should have one.
    Your eyeballs are a horrible measurement system.
    You should read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Had to quote, in case anyone missed the link. I was going to post the same one. I have a scale at home and at work. Spices are pretty much the only things I measure instead of weigh now.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Love mine! I actually prefer them over my measuring cups.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Glad to see others love it as well. Serving size is one thing I think many people don't realize at least not in the US. portion sizes are out of control!

it is a go-to of mine during food prep :)
  • danijoy07
    danijoy07 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do! Bought it about 2 weeks ago and will definitely continue to use it!
  • stephcbms
    stephcbms Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. It takes the guess work out :) Mine is a biggest loser one, just love it !! and it didn't cost much, even better !
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ozeri Food Scale + Medicine (plastic cups) that measure tablespoons
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Me! I love mine. Every thing I prepare goes in it first. Really helped getting me to where I am now.