Do you use the gym showers?

Options
1235»

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do use them. They're in a wide open room with shower heads going around with no separation between showers or between the shower room and the locker room. Of course, being in Korea, the gym provides the sweat rag, the shower towel (which is only a 12'x18' rag), and also the workout clothes (yes, you pick your size shirt and shorts off the rack when you go in and throw all in the gym's dirty clothes bin when you leave.)

Also, its part of Korean culture to wash your friends in the public sauna/bath or in the gym shower as well. It takes some getting used to seeing friends scrub eachother's backsides.

If you're shy or ashamed, you wouldn't survive over here.

As for the showers, if someone can count just how many stretch marks I have, they win!
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I pee in the pool, I skip the shower. Otherwise I hit the shower to pee.
    I seriously did LOL at this.:laugh:

Because you do this too, right? :tongue:
    Well, yeah...doesn't everyone? :smokin:
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. And because most people Don't use them, they are always empty and clean. Why use my water when I am already paying to use theirs?

ETA- The only precaution I would take is use flip flops, just to be on the safe side. But our gym, if nothing else, over disinfects everything.

That is my same thought on it! I noticed my power bill going up when I was showering twice a day at home and figured I was paying a lot of money for the gym, I might as well start using their shower!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've only used the gym showers when the plumbing at my apartment stopped working. They were nice and clean though, with each stall having double curtains so you have a changing room and a shower room. They even had a fully stocked soap dispenser!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    When I attended the gym it was before work, so yes I showered. I also had shower shoes, though their showers were pretty nice. It felt good to feel the burn of the work out then take a nice hot shower.
  • ShowerPillPrez
    Options
    Although many gyms have showers, the convenience or comfort of taking one is not always possible. An alternative to showering (or supplement) is to use ShowerPill athletic body wipes. Antibacterial wipes for the body that not only cleanse the skin but also moisturizes it with vitamin E and aloe vera. Stay Fresh!!!!!!
    ShowerPill Prez…

www.showerpill.com
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever used the gym showers was because I had too. My home shower was out of order for a few weeks, and I didn't want to smell bad.
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I can if I have my flip flops.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    No, I just shower at home. I prefer to have the privacy of my own home and plus I don't have to bring my shower stuff to the gym.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I use them when I use the Pool / Hot Tub. Thats really it I just don't want my beloved car to small like chlorine. Generally I have flip flops and bag for soaps and such.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Although many gyms have showers, the convenience or comfort of taking one is not always possible. An alternative to showering (or supplement) is to use ShowerPill athletic body wipes. Antibacterial wipes for the body that not only cleanse the skin but also moisturizes it with vitamin E and aloe vera. Stay Fresh!!!!!!
    ShowerPill Prez…

www.showerpill.com

spam.jpg
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Must be different in the men's. In the ladies we have soft music, scented soaps, drinks with umbrellas in them and wild lesbian love parties.

:/

Actually, I do use ours at the pool, because otherwise my hair would stick out like Edward Scissorhand's from the chlorine.
    ^^^^LMAO!!

I do when time won't let me get home but! If I forget to pack my water proof flip-flops, it's a no go. The shower floor is worst than the locker room floor, ugh.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yes - we have private and public showers. Usually they are all packed during high-traffic times like before work and after. No biggie although I understand it is to some.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    no, no, NNOOOOOOOO
  • baldmitch
    baldmitch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your gym dues go to help pay for the utilities. So, heck yeah! I use their shower, their soap, I go to their dry sauna, if I had hair, I would use their electricity for my blow-dryer, and if there were less people at my gym, I'd use their electricity to charge my phone!

On sundays, I can watch the game while doing cardio, and on Monday nights, I can watch the game in the men's locker room, on a big-screen!

If I had a heart attack, they got the same kind of paddles the hospital has, so why the heck not.."Take me to the gym, martha!"

So, again, if you are paying for it, and it's offered, simple economics suggests the intelligence of using it.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I shower at the gym. It's a very clean nice gym and I haven't had to many weirdo problems. I do however, wear flip flops in the shower.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Yes. Cats have taken over my damned bathroom, so I'm forced to use the gym showers.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Yes my gym is at home so I do use the gym shower.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    folks who workout at lunch, how long of a lunch break do you get? what is your gym routine? i can't imagine how one would get to the gym, get in a good workout, shower, dry my hair, put my makeup on, get dressed, and get back to work all in the course of a lunch break. i'm very intrigued.

eta - also, where do you fit eating lunch into your lunch break?

I am a lunch gym goer. I have 30 minutes for lunch. I usually spend about 1 hr in the gym. I make up extra 30 minutes by working later in the evening. I am fortunate to work for a organization that flexible work hours. For me I don't wear a full face of makeup on a daily basis so that simplies my routine greatly. Workout, shower, get dressed and straigten up my hair.

ETA: I use the gym in my building at work. It only takes me 2 minutes to walk downstairs.