Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet, and I love it!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I would love to own a Vitamix, but for 300-400 a pop, it better prepare my food by itself. I bought the Ninja 1000 when it was on sale and it works great! Is easy to clean and does exactly what I need it to do.
  • nnm1976
    nnm1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I own a Blendtec...and I absolutely LOVE it! It is as good as the Vitamix...Vitamix is expensive because it pays for alot of advertising (FoodNetwork etc.) Blendtec is the brand that is used in Starbucks for their frappucinos...it's great!
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use the magic bullet and love it. However, it's not great with full ice cubes. If you have a refrigerator that can offer crushed ice, the magic bullet handles it no problem and the result is a super smooth smoothie.
  • smithta1
    smithta1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Actually broke down and bought a nutri bullet. Thing is great for anything and easy to clean.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I bought a Cuisinart blender, that came with four cups with lids to drink from. It works VERY well, and if I remember correctly, it cost about $50 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I really LOVE it!
    Kaye
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I went with the Nutribullet because I wanted to be able to use the entire fruit/veggie without it coming out grainy or stringy. It pulverizes everything into a smooth liquid, and it comes with a milling blade as well, that I use to grind up flax, almonds, etc. Use it 4-5 x/ week :)
    Plus it's not anywhere near the cost of a Vitamix, which is awesome.
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sharp 400W at home here, works awesome, the jag is some 1.5l enough for 2 servings, copes with ice, frozen berries no probs
  • TheFutureMrsClark
    TheFutureMrsClark Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just bought a NutriBullet a couple of months ago and absolutely love it. I make a smoothie every morning for breakfast.
  • sweetfluffy
    sweetfluffy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet is freaking awesome ^_^
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with my homemade yogurt, fruit (berries), sometimes frozen, banana, a splash of apple juice and a bit of honey. Maybe not as good as I should do, but they taste great and keep me regular. It's the yeast in the yogurt, not probiotic, but good enough for me. I am looking for a quick and easy blender, one that makes cleanup a breeze. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it, but that could help the diet. LOL. I see a lot of people are using the Breville IKON, so have to look at that, also thinking about the Cuisinart Smart Stick. I want to stay under $50, if I can. :smile:
  • caitlynah12
    Options
    Ah I've been doing research on this, too! I want to start incorporating smoothies into my daily diet.

My budget for this is less than 100, so I've been looking at this one: Oster BVCB07-Z Counterforms 6-Cup Glass Jar 7-Speed Blender, Brushed Stainless/Black

I'd kill for a Vitamix, though.
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have had my vitamix for 11 years and love it. I make smoothies for 3 every morning,

I also make sorbets several times a week. It's great as my daughter is lactose intolerant.

I also have a Cuisinart Smart Stick that I like. I have not used it to make smoothies.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    This is a very old thread buuuutttt.....

We have the Ninja 1200 I think is what it is??? Its freaking ridiculously awesome. the blades are VERY sharp though. If you buy one, be warned!
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. I couldn't believe how much better it was than the cheapo blender it replaced. I figure it will at the very least break even since we use it 1-2 times a day versus having to buy a cheaper blender every couple of years.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I loved my Vitamix but couldn't afford to replace it after my $%^# ex-husband took it in the divorce. I have a Kitchenaid blender that does great with crushing ice, so I'd recommend that as an affordable alternative.
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Vitamix last month after my $100 blender (KitchenAid) crapped out after only mild use. I bought the KitchenAid thinking it would be a good intermediate w/out spending the extra money on a Vitamix. Turns out it only lasted a year. So, I went for it. I LOVE it, it is truly amazing!

As for the comment on cleaning a blender... After an initial rinse, just put a drop of dishsoap in it, fill with hot water and turn it back on. Gets all the crap out off the blade in seconds.
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use the Oyster personal blender . this is my FAVORITE for my little protein shake I do every morning. May not be best for every day large quanity use, but this is exactly what I needed for myself and perfect for travelling and ease of cleaning!

http://www.target.com/p/oster-personal-blender/-/A-13388360
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I love my BlendTec!
  • Omi2k8
    Omi2k8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Blendtec blender! It's powerful, purees anything I throw in it. Even adding ice cubes in smoothies is no challenge -- cold, thick and smooth. Got mine at Sam's Club. A bit pricey, but worth it to me. Not as tall as the Vitamix, so it fits on my counter underneath cabinets with no problem. Never have to use a "pusher" for thorough blending.