40 Calorie Flour Tortillas

Options

Replies

• Freyafleur
    Freyafleur Posts: 15
    Options
    Just made these and they taste good; they just taste like normal tortillas; as other people have said though, they're very small (like mini tortillas) so you might want to double the recipe if you want a normal size!
    Thanks for posting
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use corn tortillas that are 28 calories each. If you buy really good, super-thin ones they don't crack when you try to roll them up around things, and they make nice quesadillas. Plus, they are pre-made and not expensive.

ETA: The ones I buy are 6.25" in diameter.
  • gaiac_
    gaiac_ Posts: 13
    Options
    will try these!!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    bump, always appreciate calorie reduction and cost savings!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    thanks and bump for latter
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use corn tortillas that are 28 calories each. If you buy really good, super-thin ones they don't crack when you try to roll them up around things, and they make nice quesadillas. Plus, they are pre-made and not expensive.

ETA: The ones I buy are 6.25" in diameter.
    How do you know if you are getting a good one? I have tried corn tortillas before and always seem to get ones that crack or break. My hubby doesn't like eating the messing ones, yet I think they are healthier. Can you tell me a brand that doesn't do that or is it the way they are cooked? How do you use them? Do you use them as taco shells or only as a baked dish like enchilda?
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    What the heck does "bump" mean??

I had to ask before as well. It simply means that the person wants to see it in their topics at a later time.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump - Thanks for posting :flowerforyou:
  • samweee
    samweee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    Would I be able to make these into tortilla chips for nachos?
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump , great idea for lunches !
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The corn tortillas I use are from a family-owned company called Perez. I don't know how widely available they are. They are a great deal thinner and smoother in texture than your average corn tortilla. I use them for quesadillas, enchiladas, tostadas, etc. They make awesome baked tortilla chips or strips. It might just be a matter of trying out some local brands to see if you find one that works well for you.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    nice........................
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Bump :) Want to try this! Thanks!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, will definitely have to try these! :happy:
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    The corn tortillas I use are from a family-owned company called Perez. I don't know how widely available they are. They are a great deal thinner and smoother in texture than your average corn tortilla. I use them for quesadillas, enchiladas, tostadas, etc. They make awesome baked tortilla chips or strips. It might just be a matter of trying out some local brands to see if you find one that works well for you.

Thanks for explaining better. I appreciate it. I love eating Mexican food and hubby does as well. He just doesn't like getting messy. Now that you've told me what to look for, we'll give corn tortillas a try again. I'll look around and see if any of the stores here sell Perez brand.