What is wrong with me?

Options
2»

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

Eating healthier and working out is unpleasant at times.

i've always enjoyed both. lol.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Start by making it a habit. That's the only thing that works for me,unless I'm really sick,then I don't work out. I believe it takes 21 days to stick to a new habit,or something along those lines. The first few weeks are always the hardest.

Good luck!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Advice? Focus on healthy long term changes and not a short term diet. Friend request sent!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Every morning, try again. Really. Even if you fall in the afternoon, resolve that your next choice will be better.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Eating healthier and working out is unpleasant at times.

i've always enjoyed both. lol.

LOL. I generally enjoy both minus a pulled muscle here and there and my childlike aversion to greens!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me some tips to get back on the horse?
    All I can do is give you a real life example of a guy who's been where you are: me. And I didn't even hurt my back. I started tracking calories about six years ago and lost 39 pounds. I went from 216 to 177. Then I figured I didn't need to keep track any more and I woke up one day and I was back up to 200 pounds. I got SO mad and channeled that anger into jumping back in to eating right and working out again.

I've been on maintenance about a year now holding steady just under 170. Get to it.
  • soopaang
    soopaang Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No one is perfect. My best advice is to never stop logging. Even if you are immobile you can still maintain or even lose. When you don't log, it's easy to lose track. Hope you find your motivation. Your body will thank you!
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my advice

act like you are not on a diet, dont work out, just tract your food and carry a 500 calorie deficit and forget about it

i think people who make it too difficult for themselves just quit and leave
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    motivation.jpg

Perhaps this!
    Reaching out to your peers is a great motivator.
    Get it off ur chest, and move on from here.
    Look forward to hearing from you in the future with a post about your success.
    :glasses:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if we get off the wagon it can be so hard to get back on. Just decide to do it and then just do it.

The OP asked for motivation and you are just being rude. How is telling her to 'just do it' motivational? I can't believe how rude everyone is on this site. They make it their goal to go though the forums and find people who are asking for help and give their unsolicited opinions. I just can't believe it.
    No, I am not being rude. What I say is true. In My personal experience this is what has worked for me, when I found my self off the wagon, and I just felt like I couldn't get back again, I would just get strong in mind and decide that I was going to get it right the next time.

Nobody can "motivate" someone else. No one can make someone do something if they're not going to do it.

If they really want something they'll just do it. Sorry, I agree with her.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if we get off the wagon it can be so hard to get back on. Just decide to do it and then just do it.

The OP asked for motivation and you are just being rude. How is telling her to 'just do it' motivational? I can't believe how rude everyone is on this site. They make it their goal to go though the forums and find people who are asking for help and give their unsolicited opinions. I just can't believe it.

How hypocritical. Calling someone rude for making the point that motivation comes from within, without even addressing the OP's concern? Really? Maybe you should stop making it your goal to go through the forums and find people to criticize. I, personally, completely agree with Mallory that this is a difficult undertaking but when we are truly ready to do it, we should just grab onto that feeling and charge ahead full force. No one can make us strive to reach our goals except ourselves.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Some ideas that are probably elsewhere in this thread, too.

1) Set a start date.

Monday always worked for me because it's after a weekend and gives me a the entire work week to get my *kitten* together!

2) Start with a schedule/structure for meal plans and exercise for at least a couple weeks. A plan up front will help you succeed.

One reason Mondays are good 'start' dates for me it that week days are more scheduled for me (I get up, work out, go to work, come home…) and weekends are always a bit haphazard. Starting out with a structured schedule always helped.

If you already know what exercise is planned for a day and what meals you're having you don't have to THINK about it. It helped me by not having to decide in the moment what to eat for lunch as I already made the decision. Less tempting to run through a fast food drive through!

3) Set short term goals.

When something seems realistically obtainable, it's easier to work toward it. If it's attainable in the near future, then you constantly have those "rewards" for your lifestyle changes/choices.

4) Don't knock yourself if you slip up.

Just move on to the next workout, meal, etc. If you miss a goal, then you might ponder on why (not realistic, not pertinent to you, bad planning, bad follow through, etc.), learn from your mistakes, and set a new goal.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Last year I had major surgery and deliberately got off the wagon for a while. What I did was set a specific date that I planned to get back on. It gave me time to prepare and make a plan, and be mentally prepared. I have stuck with it and lost over 25 lbs. It worked for me.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing the article it was well done and very informative
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Careful about getting back on the wagon....
    dysentery_zps5eb6b0f3.jpg

Oregon Trail rocks!
  • angless21
    angless21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Am having a hard time losting the weight am not sure why. I could use some help.