In for the awesome!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Just here for the pics.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for the sarchasm I think this would be sticky material.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :love: :drinker:
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I would love to be "manly" like these women!

Deadlifts yo, that will get you there

As one of these manly women: YES. Deadlift.

I know a girl who can deadliift over 300 and she looks great, matter of fact most of the women I know who lift and even lift heavy look awesome.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    It's been bothering me for a while, but ... almost always, when there's a thread about women and lifting, it's never about how strong they've got. It's about how slim and therefore attractive they are. Just an observation.

Because nobody ever uses "I'll get too strong" as a reason not to lift. Good point though!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Nice post up
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It's been bothering me for a while, but ... almost always, when there's a thread about women and lifting, it's never about how strong they've got. It's about how slim and therefore attractive they are. Just an observation.

Because nobody ever uses "I'll get too strong" as a reason not to lift. Good point though!

hah! truth!

and BRAVO Taunto!! I'm just glad I'm on bulk at Costco and not Sam's Club. Because that would just be OFFENSIVE.

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Dino924
    Dino924 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a little over three weeks, and I've lost 1/2 inch from my waist, my stomach seems flatter, and overall I feel firmer; but I feel like my upper back is getting broader. I just noticed this morning how my suit jackets feel tighter across the shoulders. I'm not really into this, I already need a size 6 jacket I don't want to need a bigger size. The last time I lifted weights (a few years ago) I remember needing a bigger band size bra (I didn't have to wear blazers at my old job), but my butt and hips got smaller and my stomach got flatter.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    sweet post, taunto. proud of all the ladies you posted pictorial evidence that lifting will destroy bodies. can i get an amen/woop woop.

but you promised that you were going to post about me. and you lied to my face!!!!!!!!!

goodbye taunto.

jk.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! :)
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I would love to be "manly" like these women!

Deadlifts yo, that will get you there

As one of these manly women: YES. Deadlift.

I know a girl who can deadliift over 300 and she looks great, matter of fact most of the women I know who lift and even lift heavy look awesome.
    That's it. I shall start deadlifting on my non-cardio days.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options

Congratulations to all the women in the pictures for what you've achieved. Lifting is hard work.

Agree somewhat.

Also there are some misconceptions on the net about lifting. You can lift for a lean body, size or strength, and the techniques will differ. What i see a lot on the internet is women going for the heavy lift without paying much attention to their ultimate goal. If your goal is aesthetics then you need a slightly different lifting regimen.
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    oh man, what have i been doing to myself?!!!! lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

I don't know, someone posted last week that there's no health benefit to being able to lift more than 25 lbs.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I don't know, someone posted last week that there's no health benefit to being able to lift more than 25 lbs.
    Did Dr. Oz teach them that?
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    oh noes!! i have to stop lifting immediately!! i had no idea how dangerous it was!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Getting strong (again) is one of my main goals. The rest will follow.