5'8" 185-135lbs 50lbs gone

Options
It's taken a while, mostly because I'm lazy, but I'm finally at my first goal. I hit my pre pregnancy weight! I thought when I got pregnant that I would continue to workout ... nope never happened. I "craved" whoppers, onion rings, and dairy queen. I had no self control, it was disgusting.

So, when my son turned 6 months in Jan 2012 I made the decision to get back to my old self. I forced myself into running because I thought that was the way to lose weight. In 2012 I ran an 8k, a 10k, and a half marathon (2h:30m). I wasn't fast but I got out there!!! After a year some of the weight was still hanging around so I decided to start lifting weights. I've only been at it for about 4.5 months but I'm getting strong and muscular!

This year I've already done the Color me Rad 5k, Dirty Girl Mud Run, and I have a half marathon in October!!! I'm finally seeing results and I love it! I found that lifting has helped me lose far more lbs than running ever had. But I still love running! And in the last week I just started, honestly, eating clean and that's what pushed me over the edge. I hit 135 yesterday and I'm happy being at this weight. Now I'm going to continue to focus on building muscle and cutting the fat.

Here I am 3 weeks from giving birth, June 2011, at about 180lb.
264qkvk.jpg

And here I am just one week away before delivery at 185.
qxum0y.jpg

Running my first race the Shamrock 8k, I'm in the front and I'm about 155lb.
2e187c9.jpg

02/03/2013 at 139.
207ung9.jpg

04/27/2013 at 137 Dirty Girl Mud Run
52xafb.jpg

Most recent picture at 137
349evmc.jpg

If I can do it so can you! Surround yourself with supportive people, stay motivated, stay determined, and just move! I'm not "finished" and probably never will be but I'm right on track. I've had bad days, weekends, and even weeks but I just keep going and it eventually evens out. Thanks for listening! :)

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, you should be so proud! :flowerforyou:
  • shinymetalass
    Options
    congrats, your story is motivating! I've been working out and eating right for weeks now with very little progress, but I'm keeping at it! No fast food for me! I can do this!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You have done great Hun well done and you look amazing x
  • surfbabe
    surfbabe Posts: 79
    Options
    You look awesome, you should be so proud! :flowerforyou:

Thank you very much!
  • sunshineamy84
    Options
    Wow you look amazing thats so inspirational!
    I ran a full marathon once and found that I lost nothing at all. My body shape improved a little. I still run but not as much, maybe 5k twice a week.
    But its interesting you say you lost more doing weights, Im thinking of doing more core/strength workouts to help tone me and use the swimming and running for cardio.
    But yeah Ive heard food intake is 80% in the overall weight loss process.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Great job! You look great
  • surfbabe
    Options
    congrats, your story is motivating! I've been working out and eating right for weeks now with very little progress, but I'm keeping at it! No fast food for me! I can do this!

You can totally do this! Mind over matter,! Keep pushing!
  • surfbabe
    Options
    You have done great Hun well done and you look amazing x

As always Thank You darling! ;)
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Great motivation for me. I think it can be hard sometimes to loose weight (and continue to do so) when you are not very overweight but still need to lose those excess pounds.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You look great! You have the same start stats as me..185 and 5"8. I am also wanting 135 at my goal weight. You are a great inspiration for me.
  • surfbabe
    Options
    Wow you look amazing thats so inspirational!
    I ran a full marathon once and found that I lost nothing at all. My body shape improved a little. I still run but not as much, maybe 5k twice a week.
    But its interesting you say you lost more doing weights, Im thinking of doing more core/strength workouts to help tone me and use the swimming and running for cardio.
    But yeah Ive heard food intake is 80% in the overall weight loss process.

Thanks girl! The more muscle you have the calories you burn a day. I so recommend weight training and write everything down so you can see how far you've come! That is motivation in itself. :)
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Very motivating!!

Congratulations to your success so far!! Your attitude is wonderful.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm 5'8 and havent been 135lbs since high school!!
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    You look sensational! :) Congrats! I'm 5'7 and about 8lbs away from my 135lbs goal! - People like you keep me motived :D
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great results!
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Great job!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh 164, I can't imagine getting below my smallest of 142. You look awesome!!! Keep up the good work and you just motivated me to get moving again
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is so motivating. I started about at the same weight and it has taken two years just to get down to 165 (mostly because I am lazy and I work in the gourmet food industry). I haven't had a baby, but I'm so happy to hear another 5'8" girl making the 50 lb cut. Thank you for posting!
    Thanks also for outlining your journey. I had started running as well and didn't see change until I did 30DS and clean eating...if I could only stick to them.

If anyone has any tips for night-owls and making yourself hit the sack earlier and wake up earlier..I am all ears. I need to work out in the morning.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good job! I'm the same height. My highest weight was 165.... I find it hard to get much under 135 and maintain. Congrats to you! It is a great feeling to get that fit! Running always helps :)

I hope after I have kids, I can get back down to 135!!! crazy
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats on your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!