hardest challenge ever... for some people that is

Options
this WILL be the hardest challenge for me... but willing to try if few other people like to join in.

no fitness challenge but it is NO POP CHALLENGE. it'll be something like

1) 12 hours no pop
2) 24 hours no pop.
3) 2 days no pop.
4) 3 days no pop.
5) and so on.

any one want to join?
if you have any suggestion please share.

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Removing soda was one of the hardest things I ever did. I was and still am amazed at how addictive they are.

I wish you great success in your challenge!
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Worst addiction EVVVVER! Good luck kicking it! I went through headaches like crazy with it... but its totally doable... I recommend going cold turkey and just getting it over with!
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda. Take it one day at a time and you will do just fine.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I read this as "poop".
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am on month 5 of no pop/cola! You can do it too! I used to be super addicted.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend seltzer water enough. It helped me get from 3-6 diet cokes a day to 1-2 per week, max. Seltzer tastes a bit weird at first because it is not as sweet, but your taste buds will adjust in a few days.

Good luck!!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have days where that's all I want to drink and then I'll go weeks without wanting it, it's really weird. I drank some yesterday because they didn't have water for some unknown reason at the BBQ for mothers day, but I vow to not drink any for 10 days (mainly because I'm doing 30 day shred and I want to get an accurate reading on my next weigh in) because I'm hitting the water parks in 10 days!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Worst addiction EVVVVER! Good luck kicking it! I went through headaches like crazy with it... but its totally doable... I recommend going cold turkey and just getting it over with!

This

Good luck
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I read this as "poop".
    me too.
  • tinavflynn
    tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I actually did this for lent. It is definitely hard at first. I tried the drink packets you can get for water bottles. Like Crystal Light and Ocean Spray have some. They are great and I continue to use them! Most of them are 0 to 15 calories, way better than soda!! Plus most of them have vitamins in them.

I managed to follow through for my commitment for lent, and now I only occasionally have soda when I do out to eat. I don't keep it in my house, which is probably the biggest help.

Good luck! You can do it!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this, I know that pop can be a real challenge for some people. I don't really drink that much, just a diet coke every once in while. My challenge is coffee, I really need to cut back to to a couple of cups a day, right now I drink 6 or more a day.

I'm going to challenge myself to cut back to 4 c of coffee for the next few days, we'll see how it goes :)
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    uuuuggghhhh. It just tastes so good when it hit's your lips!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda on April 4th. Was not planning to..had a day where I could not get enough to drink. I drank I bet a gallon a day. I didn't even want the soda. Now I might have one every once in awhile. But I have no taste for it at all.

Good Luck! I will be cheering you on.
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    I was never really into soda/pop much. Good luck to you. I know you will do great. In fact, I don't really buy it for the kids. If I do drink soda I make it at home. Soda Stream is awesome...still a lot of sugar, but now you control the amount of syrup you add.
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is something I need to commit to. I've drank soda most of my life, and it's terribly addictive. I'd be up for the challenge!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't recommend seltzer water enough. It helped me get from 3-6 diet cokes a day to 1-2 per week, max. Seltzer tastes a bit weird at first because it is not as sweet, but your taste buds will adjust in a few days.

Good luck!!

I love seltzer too but the carbonation makes me gassy/bloated. I like water better!
  • SRPonce87
    SRPonce87 Posts: 1
    Options
    It is very hard to stop drinking pop. What I found worked for me is those 0% calorie sparkling water drinks with flavor. I bot Clear American they sell them in bulk at Walmart for about $7.00 the Black Cherry kind is so good it almost seems wrong to drink them. I've been pop free for two days so far, and do not miss pop at all! and although thats not alot of days it is progress when it comes to someone who drinks pop regularly for every meal. Good luck and I hope my tip is helpful!
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I read this as "poop".

+1.

I was like "Why, for the love of GOD would you not want to poop for days on end????"

Having reread though I think this is a great strategy- I struggled to cut it out.
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    Cutting out soda was so hard but so worth it when I learned that i was drinking most of my calories for the day.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I read this as "poop".
    me too.

Really? How do you think this would go?

1) 12 hours no poop
    2) 24 hours no poop.
    3) 2 days no poop.
    4) 3 days no poop.
    5) and so on.