90+ to lose and need some help!

Options
HI! im kyla and tomorrow is going to be day 1...just going to lay it out here. I need to lose 90+:sad: and take back my health. im 5'7" and 250ish pounds. im a 35yo stay at home mom to 2 kids..an awesome husband, both who I very much want to be around for. would like some friends to help me along the way. anyone in a similar situation?? thanks :smile:

Replies

• joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard......mfp is the best thing i have ever found to lose weight....it is not fast if you do it right,,,,,but you will change your way of eating and lose weight......do not think of this as a diet.......it is a lifestyle change. go to message boards and in the search box type "roadmap" .....read it and try to follow it. feel free to add me to your friends list.
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Iagree with joann this is not a diet but a lifestyle change and the fact that you are on MFP means that you are ready for it good luck and you are more than welcome to add me Peace.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla, you'll find lots of folks on here with comparable goals, and who are ready, willing, and able to provide great support.

I'm looking to lose at least 100lb--feel free to add me, and welcome!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new too, but a sahm to 3 girls, turn 36 this Wed and I need to take control back too :) I have quite a bit to lose, my goal is to lose 150, so I have a long ways to go. Good luck in your journey! Feel free to friend me :)
  • time4me_77
    time4me_77 Posts: 9
    Options
    Bump
  • tlm0403
    tlm0403 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am just getting back into this again after a while of not having the motivation. You can feel free to add me as well! We are all on this path together and can really use friends that understand what we are going through!
  • slandwer9
    slandwer9 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in almost the same boat! I have 3 boys. (very athletic) I used to be a runner before the boys and 2 back surgeries. I miss being skinny and want to be able to do more with my boys.
  • srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    sent you a message -
  • circles2
    circles2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla,
    Well my age and story are a bit different, but the weight we want to drop is almost identical. I started last week and lost a few # already, but totally agree with the other people that said to take it slow. I only look at each week's goal....otherwise I'd never start.
    I am a friend for you..
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm looking to lose around the same amount. Feel free to add me :)
  • mjkingsbury
    mjkingsbury Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla!
    I am in a very similar boat- 35 years old, 70 pounds to loose, 2 amazing kids and a great hubby. Feel free to add me! :)
  • sjscobie1982
    Options
    Hiya

Im sarah-jane, I am almost 31, have 2 kids and had 66lb to lose, 43lb of those are gone! possibly have more to lose jus seeing how i feel when i reach my first goal! feel free to add me and I will support you in you're journey. xx
  • jessgetshealthy
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a little similar. 21 years old, a little over 100 pounds to lose, an almost 3
    year old daughter and a wonderful husband. We run a dog rescue and I work as a cashier on the
    side to support us. :]
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi girl, I have met my goal, but I still log in everyday, so we can be friends if that's ok with you
  • meadowsmummy
    meadowsmummy Posts: 108
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 163 lbs. I started at 208, goal is 130. Feel free to add me! I've been loosing weight for over a year now!
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be your friend -- I'm just starting out too. 5' 9" and around 226. Right now my goal is just to get under 200lbs. It is too overwhelming for me to think of the big long-term numbers.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hi Kyla, I have a lot more weight to lose, but I've gotten a good start here. The friends I have on this site are a huge motivation for me. Anyone can feel free to add me :happy:

Like someone else said, starting small is the way to go, and take your time.
  • morningdove43
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is one of the best tools in my arsenal. I have well over 100 pounds to lose and I turned 50 in March so good for you for taking action now. I'd be happy to be a friend if you send me an invite. I'm down 31 pounds since March 5.
  • kplitvin
    kplitvin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have about 90+ lbs to lose. Feel free to add me! :-) Congrats on making the first step!