Options
jasmineconley
jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
Why are we so fat?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    because our calories are increasing faster than the amount of activity (although, I think both have increased)
  • KnifeThrower89
    Options
    Americans have trouble following their serving size in link with not watching their calories. So they look at a soda 120 calories per serving . . . they think "oh that's not bad" but they neglect that it's per serving and serving size is 2 or 3.

They eat too much.

But this is mere observation. When my family came to america they got hooked on the greasy foods :(
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Why are we so fat?

Uhhh...e'cue me? I've been on MFP for almost a year. I ain't fat. I'm sexy, all my MFP friends tell me so.
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Because a small is no longer a small (it's what used to be a large) a medium is what super size used to be and a large is ungodly......
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Speak for yourself.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    We like to feed our fat *kitten*.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Well, it is different for different age groups. Kids do less outside. More jobs are sedentary for young to middle aged folks, and as stated, food portions have increased. AND there is an increasing amount of genetic engineering and food bases science that cause addictions. They give livestock fatteners, to fatten them up. Where do you think that goes when you eat that livestock?
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Why are we so fat?

Uhhh...e'cue me? I've been on MFP for almost a year. I ain't fat. I'm sexy, all my MFP friends tell me so.

I haven't checked you out. As long as you aren't skinny fat we're good ;)
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Because a small is no longer a small (it's what used to be a large) a medium is what super size used to be and a large is ungodly......

No joke! Burgers as big as your head? I watched a friend eat a double cheeseburger meal from Wendy's and a part of me stroked out
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Ignorance.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Well, it is different for different age groups. Kids do less outside. More jobs are sedentary for young to middle aged folks, and as stated, food portions have increased. AND there is an increasing amount of genetic engineering and food bases science that cause addictions. They give livestock fatteners, to fatten them up. Where do you think that goes when you eat that livestock?

I have missed you DS
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    in for the generalizations about large groups of people based on nationality!
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think because we love distraction in any form.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    yes after seeing a lot of American fat jokes today I'm all about stereotyping.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    I think because we love distraction in any form.

Ohhh I like this, very insightful
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Pretty good tv show, haven't seen the finale yet
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Because Piers Morgan says so while he introduces us to only the fit and slender non-Americans. :wink:
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Why are we so fat?

Laziness.

Some people don't even take the time to form a thoughtful question any more.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Poor personal choices. Personally, I prefer being lean and healthy.
  • jasmineconley
    Options
    Sure if you are looking for boring one word answers. Sometimes a direct question is the only way to get through. I know a few people that will actually take a moment to think about why our part of the world has more issues with obesity than others. Amazingly enough some people really are just unaware.