FitBit Opinions Please....

Options

Replies

• avatrx
    avatrx Posts: 52
    Options
    I have the regular fitbit. maybe it's the ONE? Actually it might be the ultra., it's just the older version. I"ve had it for way over a year. I guess I've become somewhat addicted to it. It keeps me on track. I totally bum out if for some reason I forget it.

I don't use it for sleep time. It is nice that it syncs itself and also to the MFP site. If I earn calories - it shows up on the MFP site and I don't have to do anything other than to keep track of my intake.

I have a HRM, but I never use it since I got the fitbit. I highly recommend the fitbit. little bit pricey, but worth it - at least for me.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One! It is accurate to within approximately 20 calories when compared to my mfp profile. And on an active day, it gives me more calories to eat that I may not have added manually (love those days!! :wink: ).

It also brings out my competitive side, so I am always trying to beat my activity level from the day or week before.....anything that makes me more active has to be a good tool!
  • deedee303z
    deedee303z Posts: 31
    Options
    I have had a FitBit One since Christmas and love it. It keeps me moving more than I would normally have been and, like MFP keeps me mindful of my eating habits, the FitBit keeps me mindful of my movement habits. It's pretty accurate for me.

I will disagree with one thing, though: It is an activity tracker, not just a pedometer. You can input other activities in a manner similar to that of MFP. Any activities (rather, the calories burned, etc) you input in FitBit will sync with MFP. It is also set up to track other measurements (like BP, Blood glucose levels, etc).
  • Mamastar502
    Options
    I love mine. It helps remind me of my goals. I also tried the bodymedia and I don't like it as much
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have had a Fitbit Zip since the middle of January and I love it. I also use Runkeeper to track running and walking and the Fitbit is pretty accurate. I think it was well worth the money and I would not hesitate to get another one.
  • leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Which one is waterproof?
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    My husband and I just bought ours yesterday. We got the Fitbit One. I love it! I just tested its accuracy and so far it is very, very accurate! I love the app that goes with it too. It's very motivating to see actual numbers. I highly recommend it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Which one is waterproof?

The Flex
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I love it! I have had it probably 2 weeks and I learn something new every day with it. It syncs w/MFP also and is so small that I never know it's there. The silent alarm is an awesome feature also!!! Keeps from waking my BF when I get up at 4 a.m. to workout! I can't imagine not having one!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. :)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    i had one that worked for 36 hours. Then it just crapped out. They sent a replacement (great customer service!!!) and it NEVER worked. So, my luck with fitbit hasn't been great. Other's that have used them seem to love them.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    my hub and I both have the zip and love it! It makes a game of trying to reach goals, earn badges and compete with others if you want. We compete with each other. It makes me want to move more to reach my daily goals
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I loved my fit bit, but it broke. It was one of the older ones - I think they've improved the design now so I'm thinking of getting a new one. It was extremely motivational!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Fitbit since the original model. I loved my One but moved to the Flex because I have a bad habit of forgetting to put it on. I prefer having a display like the one, but I can do without it for the consistency. I also like sleep tracking with the Flex better. You can't go wrong with either one.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I wear a bodymedia fit. Knowing how many calories im burning has been critical to my success.so I recommend you get a device! I used a fitbit zip for a week. Wore it alongside the bmf. Found that for activities in which you work hard butdont move that far, the BMF is the way to go. I clean houses for a living and the fitbit wasnt giving me much credit for a lot of what I do like vacuuming and folding laundry. For me, this resulted in a 400 calorie difference, which is a small meal. So I sold it on ebay. Bought it used and got back what I paid for it, so my advice to you is to try buying used devices, give them a go. See which one suits you and sell the ones that dont work for you back.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit One!:love:
  • StaceyMarie86
    StaceyMarie86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got a FItBit ZIp for Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I keep it near my wedding rings so I always remember to slip it on every morning. I love being able to see how much I've walked, and especially for the days my husband and I spend walking around DC or a city - it keeps both of us motivated to walk a little more! I just bought one for my mom for Mother's Day.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My Zip keeps me moving! I aim for 10,000 steps daily and some days that's been very hard to accomplish.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Chiming in as yet another FitBit addict! LOVE this little bug on my bra! :-D
  • babytis
    babytis Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I finally got my Fitbit Zip last week and so far so good. If things go good with this one I can totally see myself getting the next one up or the Flex so I can record sleep. I have yet to meet or speak with anyone who doesn't love their Fitbit!