Losing Inches not Pounds?! HELP

Options
When i first started watching my calories and working out, I lost 15 pounds right off the bat! Now I can't get the scale to budge, but my clothes are loose. I don't understand. Before twin pregnancy I was 130 then after I had them I was 210 now I am 194 195 ish and I can't get past it! WHat am I doing wrong? I do an hour to an hour and a half of cardio every day and I stay under 1310 calories each day. Please HELP

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    One - there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with losing inches and not pounds - anyone can see the size of your jeans, no one knows the number on your scale...

Two - why on earth are you doing so much cardio - cut it down to 30 mins a day and throw some strength training in 3-4 days a week - you are canabalizing your lean muscle mass.....

And three - why are you starving yourself with so little calories ?? It will not be pretty in the long run...

Eat more, fill up on protein, and cut down on cardio and add strength...
    And I would personally take losing inches over pounds anyday!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Who cares what you weigh! Your clothes are looser that means you're losing fat, which is really what you want isn't it?
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    One - there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with losing inches and not pounds - anyone can see the size of your jeans, no one knows the number on your scale...

Two - why on earth are you doing so much cadrio - cut it down to 30 mins a day and trow some strength training in 3-4 days a week - you are canabalizing your lean muscle mass.....

And three - why are you starving yourself with so little calories ?? It will not be pretty in the long run...

Agreed, eat back your exercise calories, and don't go crazy with cardio. It's not sustainable, i mean unless you want to do 90 minutes of the elliptical everyday for the rest of your life? & strength training will help a lot. You may not budge the scale with it, but you will look more fit, toned, your inches will fall off and honestly, inches are so much nicer than lbs to lose anyways so why are you worried?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I would rather lose inches than pounds......the weight will come off in time.

I weigh 242 pounds and wear size 36 jeans.....I have friends that weigh 200 pounds and wear size 36 jeans.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Two - why on earth are you doing so much cardio - cut it down to 30 mins a day and throw some strength training in 3-4 days a week - you are canabalizing your lean muscle mass.....

This^
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    The pounds will eventually follow. You aren't going to maintain 195 pounds and lose massive amounts of inches. Just stick with it.
  • ryliery
    ryliery Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    do you think that if I eat more, I will lose more?
  • ryliery
    ryliery Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The pounds will eventually follow. You aren't going to maintain 195 pounds and lose massive amounts of inches. Just stick with it.

Thanks!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    facepalm-1.png
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    No... because inches is better than losing lbs. If you cut your leg off your would weight less right? So dont worry about it.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think you should eat more. I lose steadily if I maintain 1500 calories and I'm WAY less active than you. I'm also 5'0 and about 155 pounds.
    do you think that if I eat more, I will lose more?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Your density is increasing without a change in mass. You are collapsing on yourself. I suggest you consult an astrologist or physicist at this point to advise you further.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

DITTO!!!
    I weigh WAY more than I used to and am a LOT smaller. I've decided on a "size" goal, not a "weight" goal--that's all that really counts, right?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what you weigh? You are getting healthier and you are looking smaller. Do your friends weigh you when you see them, or something?
  • bearcrusher
    bearcrusher Posts: 90
    Options
    If you keep eating 1310 calories a day you will lose weight no matter what you do. Sometimes you'll hit a plateau and your body will retain water and food for a bit but it will continue to burn fat.
    The weight will fall, just be patient and keep at it.
    Now if you are eating 1310 calories a day and drinking a bunch of diet soda and diet foods and counting them as 0 calories you're going to have problems.
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try to let go of that number on the scale.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Whats the help for? You sound like you are doing fabulous. The same thing is going on with me. I am happy to be losing something.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Your density is increasing without a change in mass. You are collapsing on yourself. I suggest you consult an astrologist or physicist at this point to advise you further.
    D=M/V I don't see how your statement makes logical sense.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    facepalm-1.png
    QFT
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I am trying desperately to lose inches and not pounds. Count yourself lucky.