Girls who lift...what is your routine like?

Options
124»

Replies

• emcwilli
    emcwilli Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm getting a lot of tips on ''strong lifts''; can someone explain this one to me? Thanks!
  • emcwilli
    emcwilli Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about how much weight to start with for the exercises in the 5x5 program. I realize there's going to be a *lot* of variation; but, what do you think an average 130lb woman should start with for these exercises? Or, what did you start with?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a lot of tips on ''strong lifts''; can someone explain this one to me? Thanks!

It'd be easier if you look it up online. It's a program that's available for free with an app etc.. There's also a group on here of women who do it.
  • jtmurph7
    jtmurph7 Posts: 83
    Options
    Bump for info!!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I follow Starting Strength, and then to each workout I add in extra stuff to the tune of delts/bi's/tri's (Tues), chest/back (Thurs) and extra leg day goodness (Sat). I follow up each day with about 20-30 minutes of steady state cardio (I aim for an HR of 140-150), depending on how bagged I am. On Sundays I concentrate on core, leg raises, plank, etc. followed by longer, low intensity cardio.
  • fit_grrrl
    fit_grrrl Posts: 32
    Options
    Mine is 2 days of power lifts(upper/lower) and 2 days hypertrophy lifting(upper/lower)

The power days help me lift more on my hyperthrophy days and it seems to be working.

Don't really do core work as deads, good mornings and squats do enough BUT i do enjoy planks
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about how much weight to start with for the exercises in the 5x5 program. I realize there's going to be a *lot* of variation; but, what do you think an average 130lb woman should start with for these exercises? Or, what did you start with?

With Stronglifts you start with an empty bar. It's a free program-- just google it and then put in your email address to get the free pdf (or go to the Stronglifts for women group here and read the stickies).
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Legs - variations on squats, lunges, step ups
    glutes
    Big back muscles (Lats, Rows, overhead pulls)
    Biceps and triceps
    Shoulders and postural muscles
    Core (abs, some more glutes, more postural muscles)

my program is focus on rehabbing weak glutes and postural muscules. physios and trainers have helped. I know have enough exercises databased that I keep the order and mix up the exercises so I don't get bored.
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    All Pro's Beginner Routine. I've never touched weights before and this is easy to follow. I found NROLF unnecessarily confusing.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    because girls lift differently than guys.
  • littlebutnice
    littlebutnice Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later