what do u put in ur oats?

Options

Replies

• Ophelia111
    Ophelia111 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Half a scoop of banana chocolate protein powder ;) I have yet to be convinced there is a better idea for both taste and weight management!

Sounds delicious! I put protein powder in my smoothies but I never thought about adding to oatmeal. Thanks for a great idea!
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ohsheglows.com has some great oatmeal variations. My favourite is Carrot Cake Style.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Usually just a little brown sugar and cinnamon. Saturday I added dried cherries, maple syrup, and cinnamon. That was fantastic.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i dont eat them
  • falilvx
    falilvx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    but all of you cooked it first with hot water,isn't it?i used to mixed it with sweetened creamer and have too much calories. btw,all the recipes looks delicious :)
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    cheese, veggie sausage, and herbs. i cook it in a low sodium stock and it turns out almost like a breakfast risotto. so good and an nice shift away from the usual sweet oats.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Dried cherries or cranberries and slivered almonds plus brown sugar Splenda
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I prefer eating oats that have been soaked overnight, rather than cooked. I think the flavor is much better.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    cocoa powder, splenda, and sugar free rasp. jam.
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Chopped apples - cooked in a little water with cinnamon
    Bananas and peanut butter
    Bananas and strawberries
    Frozen blueberries
    Brown sugar
    Vanilla extract
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Soy Milk, ALmond Meal and drizzle of Golden Syrup and yep all at the same time. Yummo
  • sarahmichelexo
    sarahmichelexo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    unsweetened apple sauce is amazing in oatmeal, especially with a sprinkle of cinnamon. i also like walnuts, almonds, pecans, dried cranberries, dried tart red cherries, raisins, and golden raisins.
  • ltruns
    ltruns Posts: 21
    Options
    Any fruit, almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla protein, nuts, etc. a variety of those, not all at once. Almond butter is the s#*!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What wonderful ideas --

I am boring and I usually just make my oats with a little bit of real maple syrup, brown sugar, and walnuts.

I have a bunch of new ways to try my oats in the morning!!
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Cook with water. Then add a bit of unsweetened almond milk, some cocoa powder, some flax meal, and peanut butter. Yummy!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    This morning I mixed mine with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a container of Snack Pack butterscotch pudding. About 300 calories and kept me full until lunch.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Blueberries!!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    vanilla whey protein or
    brown sugar or
    both
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    brown sugar, raisins, peanut butter, almond milk.
  • happyfrogg
    happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I make overnight oats every night, and rotate through flavors. Here are some to get you started:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

I also like to make a "mocha" flavor with instant coffee and chocolate chips, and recently I made a pineapple coconut one that was really good.