Weight Loss Challenge- Join us!

Options

Replies

• jaci232
    jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hey fellow challenge members,
    i'm writing in hopes of some advice...i just can't seem to break this plateau! i've boosted my workouts, tried new workouts (walking on an incline, kickboxing, a balance class), spiked my calorie intake (from 1200 to 1500), zig-zagged my calories for the week, eaten exercise calories, not eaten exercise calories--nothing seems to break past 158. it's so frustrating because I think I'm doing everything right--any suggestions //advice?
  • gchick64
    gchick64 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hey fellow challenge members,
    i'm writing in hopes of some advice...i just can't seem to break this plateau! i've boosted my workouts, tried new workouts (walking on an incline, kickboxing, a balance class), spiked my calorie intake (from 1200 to 1500), zig-zagged my calories for the week, eaten exercise calories, not eaten exercise calories--nothing seems to break past 158. it's so frustrating because I think I'm doing everything right--any suggestions //advice?

maybe change/mix up some of the foods in your diet, and the times that you exercise, i know it's not much but it's worth a shot! and make sure you're getting in your water :)
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Jaci, I was in the same position, no change in weight for forever. One of the things several people mentioned to me was to try to lift heavier/fewer reps on strength days (as well as increase cals, stagger, the other things that you're already doing). I used to be a pilates/yoga kind of person, but I'm really starting to like seeing my muscles :) I haven't "bulked up" but I did finally lose a few lbs, we'll see what the scale says this Friday. The other advice I got was to adjust my macronutrients and seriously watch my sodium (still working on that one!). I changed to 50/30/20 (protein/carbs/fat) but was too tired on that so am now at 40/40/20 which I really like.
  • pchristie
    pchristie Posts: 38
    Options
    I feel like I have been at a plateau for a long time as well, but really, when I think about it, plateaus usually happen after I have been using a plan for about 6 weeks, and I begin to get lazy about measuring or don't count everything. I also find that the older I get, the harder it is to make a difference.

Stick with it and change will happen. Sometimes plateaus make me get really discouraged and then I just say the heck with it and binge for a few days. I am trying really hard to not do that this time.

Ultimately, what makes my scale move is running, eating a low fat balanced diet including lots of veggies, drinking lots of water, and no beer or margaritas :happy:
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, what makes my scale move is running, eating a low fat balanced diet including lots of veggies, drinking lots of water, and no beer or margaritas :happy:

Boy do I hear you on the alcohol! I'm not a huge drinker, but when I do have a night out (maybe once a month tops!) the scale hates me the following weigh in time. Tempted to try that Hungry girl drink/appetizer book that came out - this way I can have fun, but not drink crazy calories!
  • christina_255
    Options
    Dont forget everyone! TOmorrow is the day! Send me your weights in a msg, on my wall or post it here in the thread! Cant wait to hear from everyone!
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Today's my lucky day...sounds like just the group I need to join. I joined MFP July 2009 and lost 26 pounds. I was at 199 for a few weeks and then quit logging in. Gained it all back by Feb 2010 and now I'm working to keep it off for good. MFP really works if I log in my food and exercise. This should be a great group!
    SW 225
    CW 211.6
    GW 159
  • christina_255
    Options
    Today's my lucky day...sounds like just the group I need to join. I joined MFP July 2009 and lost 26 pounds. I was at 199 for a few weeks and then quit logging in. Gained it all back by Feb 2010 and now I'm working to keep it off for good. MFP really works if I log in my food and exercise. This should be a great group!
    SW 225
    CW 211.6
    GW 159

Welcome back and good luck!
  • melcap
    melcap Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I would love to join hope I'm not to late ---

current weight 143 lbs
    goal weight 125 lbs
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Christina, I'm going to post my weigh in today because the girls from work are taking me out for girls night before the wedding. I still have 1100 kcal left and I did work out before, but just in case, I weighed in today instead :) SW 138, last weigh in 135.8, now 135. Down 0.8lbs. Not sure if I get to count it if it's not a full lb, but there you go. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies :flowerforyou:

Friday morning 6:30 AM. Stepped onto the scale and it says 92.4 kg (203.7 lbs). This week was good. Lost over 4 lbs. Yay me! LOL I'm so damned close to leave the 200's behind. Next week ... I have to push it hard. :tongue:
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Galathea - You're on your way! Congratulations on the 4+ lbs lost! You'll be in Onederland soon! :drinker

My current wt - 211.6
    Last week - 213.8
    Loss - 2.2
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    So excited...I hit 230 this am!!! Next week I dive into the 220s!!! Hope everbody had a good week!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm down 4.4 pounds. YEA! I was at this place a couple weeks ago, before I went on vacation, so I know most of this is vacation weight, but it's gone and I can get down to serious business. :bigsmile:
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy weigh in day! Good job to those who have already posted a loss. :flowerforyou:
    My weight this morning was 192.8!! :happy: I was sooooo super stoked! I had to step on the scale twice to make sure I read it right. Here's to another great week!
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW 275
    CW 223
    GW 170
  • christina_255
    Options
    wow group! the loss is looking awesome! I am now 200! Yay down 3lbs from 203
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week, and although that is disappointing I am happy it wasn't a gain!! Had a bad week but this next week will be better!

235 SW on this challenge
    235 CW
  • nelsonwd
    nelsonwd Posts: 38
    Options
    Good Morning - My current weight is 187.0.

Dona
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

Well..I didn't lose, even though I did really good this week :ohwell: ..but I didn't gain either, and I'm happy with that since it is TOM

Good luck to everyone else, hope you had a successful week! :smile: