5000 calorie thread update

Options

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Each to their own but I'd never be able to eat 5000 calories, I don't think.
  • FlippinNora
    FlippinNora Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you got a tummy bug, that's all.

I have thrown up after over-eating (no where near as much as that though) and usually for me it's a one off occurrence and for two reasons 1) I've chucked too much fat and sugar at my stomach and it's decided to stage a protest or 2) because I've known I was going to overindulge I've skipped a meal, put a ton of food on an empty stomach full of air and, rather like an overblown balloon, I've popped.

Being sick several times over a period of time and feeling rough, as I said above, sounds like a bug to me.

I think cheat days have their place. For me personally they stop me from feeling deprived, especially if I've been hankering after something for a while. They also dispel some of my thinking where I eat something I've been craving and it's not been as 'fabulous' as I've blown it up in my head to be. Then I think 'Well, that wasn't really worth it'. Which is actually strangely helpful.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    All I wanted to do was sleep the pain away. I'm feeling better now and might eat normally tomorrow but that was so horrible to go through. What was happening with my body?

I once had like 4500 calories at Golden Corral (all in 2 hr) and none of this happened. I don't get it.

It doesnt' matter so much what we think as what you think. Your body is always sending you signals, sometimes loud ones like this, sometimes soft ones. Paying attention to them will allow you to work in harmony with your body instead of fighting it.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A lot of the foods I used to eat (pizza, grilled cheese, etc) I can't eat anymore because my body isn't used to the high fat content or something. I've been eating mainly healthy food for 2.5 years now and I get terrible heart burn and feel sick if I even have 1 grilled cheese sandwich. I used to eat 6 at a time with no difficulty. I don't really mind because I love the foods I have now but it would be nice if I could have it once in a while.
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the need for a cheat day. I can eat all those things on my normal days (just not all on the same day!) - it just takes a bit of planning to make sure I don't go over calories averaged over the whole week.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Volume of food, probably.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This was what my question was referring to. The praise of having a poor relationship with food that is technically a slight case of Orthorexia nervosa....

I'm confused-- how is this a case of orthorexia?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This was what my question was referring to. The praise of having a poor relationship with food that is technically a slight case of Orthorexia nervosa....

I'm confused-- how is this a case of orthorexia?

Because she ate food. That can't be healthy. Food isn't healthy!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of the people upset by this are just jealous because they're too scared to live a little...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a binge to me. That's why I do IIFYM. So I don't have to pack all my indulgences in one cheat day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of the people upset by this are just jealous because they're too scared to live a little...

eating till you throw up is 'living a little'

for me, i am not upset (i can easily trough 3-4000 cals in one sitting), i just havent seen in any of the OPs posts why she is doing this, i am curious, thats all!
  • baozytools12
    Options
    get psychiatric help.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

I don't want to live a little, I want to live a lot. By being healthy.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Here we go again...........:ohwell: :huh: :yawn:
  • dunkindonutmom
    dunkindonutmom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It was definitely too much rich food for your body all at once, & the sugar intake.. WHEW!! That's like the Man Vs. Food show!! Your body told you don't do that again.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Love all the disparaging comments in here.. hilarious!

If you're on point most of the time, even once a week eating like that is not going to turn you back into the couch king or queen. Take it from me, I do work my *kitten* off and stay pretty strict during the weekdays, but I would say I probably easily surpassed 5000 calories on Sunday myself.

You know what I like about a good spike day? Granted, I would not say it's necessary to go 2500+ calories over your daily goal, but at least in my experiences, you rev the metabolism back up. My biggest burn days have always come right after spikes - generally Monday/Tuesday.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it was the foods you chose to indulge on that made you sick. Those were all very sugary, highly processed foods. Nothing wrong with it if that is what you wanted to eat, but you shouldn't really be that surprised that it made you sick if you don't eat those foods every day.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    OP, I think what happened is you ate large amounts of types of foods that you haven't been eating in a while, and your body couldn't process all of it, so it "rejected" it.

Have you ever had a pet (cat or dog, specifically), and ran out of food, and then bought a different kind of food, and fed your pet the new food "straight up", without mixing it with any of the old food? With a lot of cats and dogs, what you'll get is a very sick pet, for the first few days at least. If you were to mix the new food with the old food and do a more gradual change-over, the pet will not experience the same sickness.

That's what happened to you. You changed your diet overnight, and you got sick.

Next time, I suggest you have a week (as opposed to one day) over which you eat smaller quantities of whatever you want, along with whatever you usually eat. This will give your body some of what it's used to, and some of what you crave, and you'll be much less likely to be sick.

I'm glad you enjoyed the day itself!!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think it all sounds yummy!
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel sick if i don't eat 4000 cals :)