Friends Posting recipes on FaceBook

Options
124»

Replies

• fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Is this an American phenomena? Or maybe I don't have the right type of friends on FB. However, I am guilty of posting pics of my baking. Mainly cause it's my only talent and I am proud of the creativity in them. They arnt always awful bad for you either and people seem to like them..I guess it's a matter of taste. (No pun intended) :)
  • lheaton
    lheaton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    YES! WTH? I think the fitness devil has infiltrated facebook!!! I have commented on a couple of my really close friends posts to tell them to knock it off, but it seems there are more each day.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I created a facebook account so I could keep track of what my daughter was up to when she was younger - wanted to see who her friends were and what they were up to. It's amazing what teenagers will post about.

Now she's older and wiser so I don't bother wth it.

Plus, I absolutely hate the new lay-out - can't follow it at all.

Haven't logged onto it for about a year - and I've survived!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Or hide the person entirely.

That's what I meant by removing from them my incoming newsfeed.

My reading comprehension is limited when I'm posting pictures of cake.

7062686469_28000e4578.jpg
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I feel other people get to post and eat whatever they want. :indifferent:
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I ignore them. Just keep scrolling. You see a food picture just keep scrolling.

Exactly. If it's something I don't care about just keep scrolling, hide posts or just unfriend. OR stay off FB. You have options.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    food snob alarm
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

That look delicious.

I want to make this tonight:

chocolate-cake-sl-1110246-l.jpg

Ingredients

PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
    CRISCO Vegetable Shortening
    1/2 (4-ounce) semisweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
    1/2 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
    1/2 cup butter, softened $
    2 cups firmly packed DOMINO Light Brown Sugar
    3 large eggs $
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2 1/4 cups cake flour
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    1 cup boiling water $
    Coffee Liqueur Ganache Icing
    Mocha-Chocolate Cream Filling
    Garnish: dark chocolate curls $

Preparation

1. Coat 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms of pans with wax paper; grease wax paper with shortening, and set aside.
    2. Melt chocolates in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
    3. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla.
    4. Sift together cake flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in 1 cup boiling water. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
    5. Bake at 350° for 28 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
    6. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread top with 4 tablespoons Coffee Liqueur Ganache Icing. Spread half of Mocha-Chocolate Cream Filling evenly over ganache on cake layer. Top with second cake layer; spread top with 4 tablespoons Coffee Liqueur Ganache Icing and remaining Mocha-Chocolate Cream Filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining Coffee Liqueur Ganache Icing on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.

I don't even like chocolate cake and that looks amazing. Here's another I've tried

b6Wr3vl.jpg?1

Cherry Cheesecake Bites

1 block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    1 cup powdered sugar
    jar of or fresh cherries
    1 box of Graham crackers

Blend your softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.
    Grind your graham crackers (Manual Food Processor to the rescue!)
    Dip your cherries in the cream cheese mixture and then into the graham crackers.

Now I used strawberries (not a cherry fan) and dipped into melted dark chocolate then sprinkled with the graham cracker.
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    There are a LOT of things that my facebook friends post that irritate me...recipes aren't one of them, though. If I see a recipe that would cause me to gain 10 lbs I just say "oooooooooooooooooohhh...." then scroll on lol Just because I am trying to be healthier doesn't mean I should try to get everyone else to be as well. I actually enjoy seeing the recipes because I can sometimes take ideas from them and reboot them into something healthier.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The better question is....what don't I find annoying on facebook.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. I love looking at recipes.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed the annoying trend of FaceBook friends posting endless recipes?

Ah, yes, the new RecipeBook. It's gotten highly annoying! Though I do have a few friends who are more health-conscious who are posting healthy things, and I like those. But gah, I didn't log on to Facebook to get recipes! Much less like 10 a day!
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    recipes i love, facebook i hate!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    People venting on social media platforms are what annoys me.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    YES, my facebook feed has been overtaken by very fattening recipes.
  • amylite
    amylite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    People have an unnatural affinity for the SHARE button. If you like the recipe, print the damn thing, dont SHARE it :-)
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The only ones that "get" to me, are the cupcake posts.

*drool*
  • nerdgirlnyc
    nerdgirlnyc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I get sick of people posting pictures of desserts, junk food, nasty fat filled casseroles...PLEASE JUST STOP. If you want to post that crap just use pintrest.

agreed thats what pintrest is for and if you must post everything you find on EVERY social net work site then just link to the two the pintrest post to facebook is so small its easier to over look
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. I love looking at recipes.

I do too ~ somehow it even satisfies a craving for me to look :)

But yea, I have noticed this new FB trend.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Yes. I noticed it too. I don't like it because it makes me crave junk. I guess I need to figure out how to hide those kind of posts.