Looking for women with PCOS

Options
2»

Replies

• Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I had PCOS, last visit to the doctor for test results confirmed I no longer have it. No more cysts :) I still have the hair though which sucks.

No matter how long it takes just keep going because losing weight is the best treatment you can do for PCOS.
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed when I was 14 YO which was 15 years ago. I struggled more when I was around 20, I was on metformin and the whole bit. I lost 60lbs and it was one hell of a journey, I got healthy enough to have a baby and now my hormones have once again ruined my body. I am once again battling to get the weight off so I can be a happy and healthy momma!!
  • annethom13
    annethom13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've got pcos as well, had it for 11 years now, tried everything you can think of to lose the weight and only in the past few weeks it has started to move thanks to changing to paleo

I'm always up for new friends so feel free to add me

X
  • orchi51126
    orchi51126 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am a fellow PCOS-er. It is very hard to lose weight with PCOS. I ended up having a hysterectomy (still have ovaries) and it was enough of a dip in the hormones to help a little with the PCOS and weight loss. feel free to friend me. I have been at this a long time lol :)
  • lizzietecson
    Options
    I've been diagnosed with PCOS 5 years ago. My weight often fluctuates; from skinny to fluffy then back to skinny. :) It's a vicious circle, really.
  • SmashWhite85
    SmashWhite85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just found out I have it in December.
  • juneternes1
    juneternes1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is June - I have PCOS /insulin resistance too. U can add me if you want - I can use all the support I can get. Ug - it is not fun that is for sure. :(
  • Catareta
    Options
    Hi there - my name is Jo and I am 28 years old from the UK :)

I have type 1 diabetes and in process of a PCOS diagnosis. I have insulin resistance and a lot of the other symptoms - struggling to lose weight let alone cope with the other stuff.

x
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago. I recently got married and was hit with the news that it was unsafe to try and have a baby. Doctor told me I needed to lose a minimum of 60 pounds. No big deal, right?! I thought it was impossible. After a good cry I put my big girl panties on and got to business. Now those panties are falling off me. Almost half way there in 3 months time. Some days are harder than others. I'm aiming for more than 60 pounds. I want a chance at a healthy baby. Cysters...add me! I could use the support.
  • mrswince
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago. I recently got married and was hit with the news that it was unsafe to try and have a baby. Doctor told me I needed to lose a minimum of 60 pounds. No big deal, right?! I thought it was impossible. After a good cry I put my big girl panties on and got to business. Now those panties are falling off me. Almost half way there in 3 months time. Some days are harder than others. I'm aiming for more than 60 pounds. I want a chance at a healthy baby. Cysters...add me! I could use the support.

Its tough to lose weight anyway, let alone when you have PCOS. I have at least 90lbs to lose. I have 15 years of advice but that still doesn't answer all the questions. We can support each other!
  • IWearTurquoise
    Options
    I wish there was a like button for mrswince's reply. I so agree.
  • IWearTurquoise
    Options
    But also, get ahold of it now. You are lucky enough to have found out while you are younger and can educate yourself and stay on top of it.
  • twistedbutterfly
    twistedbutterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I was not diagnosed till my 30's and just recently got my meds sorted out. Please feel free to add me.