Just bought a juicer, now what?

Options
13»

Replies

• chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When doing greens only you need to add cucumber to make the leaves of spinach and kale more liquid
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I add a date to green juice and it is super sweet that way
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lots of info on Juice Master (Jason Vale) website - a ginger shot is good to wake up the system in the morning, cut an apple in half, put a slice of ginger inside it (like an apple ginger sandwich) then juice the lot :happy:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Now you wait for the buyer's remorse to kick in.

Just what I was thinking.

Fiber is the best part of fruit and veggies and you lose that with juicers

You still get all the nutrients from the fruit and veggies, even if you do not get all the fiber. Look at all the recipes listed here, could you eat a cup of spinach, plus 3 apples, plus a cucumber, plus 2 carrots, etc, etc, etc, in one sitting or even in one day? Most people don't eat enough... and most people who juice consume both liquid and regular produce (unless fasting). Personally, I've added in juice as a snack or sometimes breakfast replacement and it's perfect, but I also try to eat balanced meals otherwise. Plus, it gives me tons of energy and my skin is really glowing these days. So, this may not be for everyone, but there are methods to the 'madness' for some of us who juice!
  • juliedealer
    Options
    Concerning the question about calories. I had (have) the same question, I've done quite a bit of searching but no definitive answers. Unless someone actually sent it out for a complete nutritional analysis you can't be sure. But I believe since you are removing the fiber you could subtract it's caloric value from the total. example, my juice consists of kale, cucumber, celery and spinach 1 cup of this mixture comes out to 99 calories, but 5g of that is fiber, fiber (or any carbohydrate) is 4 calories per gram, so (5 x 4) I can subtract 20 calories from the 99 giving me 79 calories for the glass.

My answer as to why I juice irather than just eat the stuff is I don't like my leafy greens, I'd rather down a glass of juice than eat the stuff.