Scared to lift!

Options
13»

Replies

• dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My gym used to be a Gold's and there's still a lot of meatheads. I love it! :love:

Some of them spend extra time checking themselves out in the mirror, some are super-focused on their workouts, and some are friendly and helpful. What's scary about that?

Find a program on bodybuilding.com or stronglifts or nrol4w and hit those weights! You won't be able to do what you did in high school right away, but the technique should come back to you. You'll be impressing yourself in no time, and that's all that matters.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the only girl in the weight room at my gym, and I'm old enough to be most of the boys' mother (age 47). I just put my headphones in, ignore everyone else, and do my thing.

As a side note, I did have a little bit of a humorous thing happen on Friday.....I was going to do deadlifts and added the weights to the barbell....forgot to subtract the weight of the bar. I struggled through 3 reps before I realized my mistake. I'm sure I looked like a doofus, but ya know what?....no one even noticed. All the boys were too busy doing their own workouts to see what the old lady was doing.

All that to say.....for better or for worse, no one will pay any attention to you. Just get in there, get it done, go home and eat some protein. :wink:

On the bright side, you realized you can lift at least 45lbs more than you think you can. I wish I had that problem!

^this

When I miscalculate by 45 pounds, the barbell stays stapled to the floor.

:smile: