Best quality/taste Dark Chocolate

Options
What's your favorite quality/taste dark chocolate? I have eaten, pre-MFP, a dark Hershey bar with blueberries and nuts that was dee-lish. Does anyone want to share their faves?

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate, mmm! There's this certain brand at Savemart where its dark chocolate and a bit of chili. The bitterness combined with a little kick at the end is to die for!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    Dark chocolate, mmm! There's this certain brand at Savemart where its dark chocolate and a bit of chili. The bitterness combined with a little kick at the end is to die for!

I think I know what you're talking about and MAN that stuff is good :love:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I hate Hershey. I love lindt and godiva, or trader joe's belgian chocolate. Their 100 calories chocolate bars are perfect for me right now. Both the milk and the dark are delicious.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Hershey bar dark chocolate? LOL noob.
  • tleighs64
    tleighs64 Posts: 12
    Options
    Lindt makes a dark chocolate and coconut bar. They sell them at Cost Plus World Market. $4 for 1 bar, but boy is it good.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I like trader joes 72% and Endangered Species' 88% myself.
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lindt Dark Chocolate Bar with a Touch of Sea Salt. O.M.G!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Dove's Dark chocolate, to die for!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Dove's Dark chocolate, to die for!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yes I forgot Dove in my list. And ghirardli or however it's spelled is decent too.
  • LyraVega02
    LyraVega02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Theo is my favorite brand right now, though I haven't tried many. Divine makes some flavored ones, if you like that. I've seen them at World Market.
    I like to buy the recommended brands on this list

http://www.foodispower.org/chocolate-list/
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Working for a chocolate factory, I am rather prejudice :blushing: HOWEVER, at work, we make a dark chocolate (55% cacao) crispy fruit bark - its one of the few chocolate items we made that I ate. It has dried blueberries, cranberries, crisp rice and apricots all in dark chocolate with the essence of oranges. :love: In December, I was diagnosed as gluten and dairy intolerant and can no longer have it - its the one thing we make that I miss. I don't eat any other chocolate since, after working with it for so long, it truly stinks to me and I can't stomach it :noway:
  • sdionnemoore
    sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful. I luv dark chocolate melted over almonds or raisins, blueberries. . . Yum!
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    GREEN & BLACK'S ORGANIC 85% DARK CACAO
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Godiva is definitely great but a little pricy so its a real treat (p.s.) if you sign up for their rewards program you get a free piece every month. No purchase necessary, just go into the boutique and they can scan your card and give you a free piece out of the case. Of course this only works if you live near a store.
    Since Godiva is out of my price range for regular chocolate consumption, I also like dove and a brand I have found @ Aldi called choceur. 5 bars is something like $2 and they are divided like a Hershey's bar into smaller squares 3 squares (1/4 bar) is 55 Cal and 1-3 squares is usually enough to kill a sweets craving. One pack will last me for a month or more, this is my go to chocolate. Its a really smooth Dark chocolate. Not sure what the % cacao is.
  • CassieLeigh86
    CassieLeigh86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    GREEN & BLACK'S ORGANIC 85% DARK CACAO

^^all the way
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the 'big' names taste a bit cheap (sorry, I know some of you have mentioned Hershey, Lindt, Dove, etc)... but there are some absolutely fantastic imports and smaller brands. The best advice is experiment. My wife and I have a collection of various bars, and rarely end up getting the same bar twice simply because there is so much out there.
  • mbrowens
    mbrowens Posts: 11
    Options
    Either Green & Black's or Endangered Species.... both melt in your mouth and go very high in percentage, and the higher the better!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Lindt 85% or Green & Black's 85%

Both are GMO free.

Loves me some GMO free treats.
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Working for a chocolate factory, I am rather prejudice :blushing: HOWEVER, at work, we make a dark chocolate (55% cacao) crispy fruit bark - its one of the few chocolate items we made that I ate. It has dried blueberries, cranberries, crisp rice and apricots all in dark chocolate with the essence of oranges. :love: In December, I was diagnosed as gluten and dairy intolerant and can no longer have it - its the one thing we make that I miss. I don't eat any other chocolate since, after working with it for so long, it truly stinks to me and I can't stomach it :noway:

OMG that sounds AWESOME! where can I buy that dark crispy fruit bark?!??!
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love Hershey dark chocolate and Dove dark chocolate