Just to confirm WATER INTAKE SO IMPORTANT- DRINK UP BUTTER C

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    LOL, I see that the CUP was cut off the tittle of your forum. I thought you were telling people to drink butter.

:laugh: I couldn't imagine drinking butter but that is what I thought also. We would never lose any weight drinking 8 glasses of butter a day. :laugh:

now THAT I could get on board with! :laugh:

Water is essential! :drinker:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    LOL, I see that the CUP was cut off the tittle of your forum. I thought you were telling people to drink butter.

:laugh: I couldn't imagine drinking butter but that is what I thought also. We would never lose any weight drinking 8 glasses of butter a day. :laugh:

now THAT I could get on board with! :laugh:

Water is essential! :drinker:

Hmmm... I knew it was buttercup as soon as I saw the C, but I think i watched a lot of powerpuff girls growing up! LOL

And yep, water is awesome! :drinker: I sometimes wonder if all I have lost is just water! :laugh:
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options

But imagine how happy you'd be. :laugh:
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates all the time. You are drawing causal conclusions from things that are most likely coincidental. Except the immediate time following a hard workout (I lose 3-5lbs during a typical workout). I have never paid the slightest attention to my water intake. I drink and eat normal amounts of liquid and foods, but don't ever "measure" my water intake. It has never affected my weight loss or my workouts one way or the other. Just another perspective.

Ditto.

There's evidence to support this approach to hydration as well.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_water#Requirements

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/water.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080402120522.htm
  • saintsteffers1
    Options
    I totally agree we probably all need to drink more water... just to say though don't go over overboard as there is a thing called water poisoning where if you drink too much water it throws your electrolyte balance out... there was a lady in the news a while back on some fad detox diet that died of this.... but i seriously think you have to be overdoing it on the water to get that, and I am pretty sure most of us are on the under-drinking side rather than in danger of this LOL. But just thought i'd chuck in the interest of balance...
    And i do hope the tea thing is true....

Steph
  • 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    I drank zero water for at least 4 days a few weeks ago and gained 6 lbs. When I climbed on the scales, I was shocked. I had not been off the diet and exercise and not drinking water was the only different thing. I went back on the water and had lost the 6 lbs in two days!! I am a water believer also!!.:flowerforyou:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I totally agree we probably all need to drink more water... just to say though don't go over overboard as there is a thing called water poisoning where if you drink too much water it throws your electrolyte balance out... there was a lady in the news a while back on some fad detox diet that died of this.... but i seriously think you have to be overdoing it on the water to get that, and I am pretty sure most of us are on the under-drinking side rather than in danger of this LOL. But just thought i'd chuck in the interest of balance...
    And i do hope the tea thing is true....

Steph

My ex-husband is a corpsman (a medic for the navy), i got all of those lectures when i wound up in the hosptial LOL you are right, there is such a thing as water poisoning, and also right that it takes a heck of a lot of water to get there. It is a good point stay healthy.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I would say 90% of the time i am 2lbs heaiver in the pm than i am in the am...almost always excatly 2lbs...kinda weird actually.

I am usually 2 - 3 pounds heavier at bedtime, but I drink water up till that time :) But I also can tell the difference when I don't drink as much. I tend to drink less water on the weekends since my day is less structured, I changed my weigh-in day from Monday to Wednesday...I like to tell myself that is a more "accurate" view of my weight. :wink:

I also find myself drinking less water over the weekends! I was also thinking it was because of the lack of structure. I'm working on drinking more, though. I don't weigh myself on Mondays anymore either!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm so annoyed with myself. I never think to drink water on my own unless I'm fasting. Yet the more I drink the better I feel. I have drunk almost a liter while reading this thread, though. Maybe I'll set an alarm on my iphone or something....

By the way, if you're consistent with the drinking, the need to pee decreases exponentially as your kidneys reach a new normal.
  • flannan
    flannan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time with the water. If I understand the recommendation is 8 8oz glasses a day? I barely finish 24 oz if i'm really trying, plus spendign all my time funning to the loo. I feel like I'm drowning.
    How people here drink all your water?
    Sip thru the day or try to sit and chug down 8 ozs at a time??
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time with the water. If I understand the recommendation is 8 8oz glasses a day? I barely finish 24 oz if i'm really trying, plus spendign all my time funning to the loo. I feel like I'm drowning.

sip a glass at a time, give your kidneys a chance to adapt to the increase, I increased my intake by a glass every other day. don't chug your water as the quicker it goes in the quicker it will want to come out!:blushing:
  • KathleenAGarrity
    KathleenAGarrity Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Water is totaly important to your diet! I will drink tons during the week and not so much on the weekend - something I need to work on.
    I have tried to get this message through to my boyfriend - he dosent believe me!!

The one downside is having to pee all the frikken time! I have the worlds smallest bladder (tmi - sorry!) and have to go ALL the time!!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love water, since this post started I have been consciously drinking more water.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    wow this is so amazing to see..i'm glad so many people are drinking more water. For those of you who mentioned how hard it is. I know how you feel, I was so bad about not drinking water/ or anything really i was hospitalized a few times for dehydration. so I started by buying a 24 ounce bottle, filling it with ice and promised my self ok, i'll drink all of this by lunch. then at lunch I would fill it up ok i'll drink all of this by the time i go home, fill it up at home ok, i'll drink this all before I go to bed. its gotten much easier over time.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Butter came to my mind too, not to drink it but I was wondering on the topic enough to pop it open. lol:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Your body will get used to the water increase. I don't pee all the time and I drink lots of water. I don't get up at night or anything to pee. I half wake up to drink though.

Um, water...to drink water :blushing:

I drink a bottle down, not a sipper so that doesn't seem to apply to me, but hey if it works for you and gets you get in all your water, definitely try it out!:drinker:
  • Unicornlover
    Unicornlover Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This is probably a silly question, but here goes. I really can't stand the taste of water (plain water actually makes me nauseous!!!) so I drink Crystal Light. I average 6-8 glasses a day. Is this still ok? After reading through all the posts it looks like I need to increase my intake to half my body weight in ounces...that's about 120 ounces....that's alot of liquid! LOL
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    This is probably a silly question, but here goes. I really can't stand the taste of water (plain water actually makes me nauseous!!!) so I drink Crystal Light. I average 6-8 glasses a day. Is this still ok? After reading through all the posts it looks like I need to increase my intake to half my body weight in ounces...that's about 120 ounces....that's alot of liquid! LOL
    Just try and increase it over time and you'll be there before you know it! We have yummy tasting water where I live, I don't know if that's why some have issues with hating water, bad tasting water? Or what? Have you ever tried ice water with a slice of fresh lemon or cucumber in it? So delish and refreshing and gives just a hint of flavor so you aren't quite drinking plain water.

I really only like cold water from the fridge, not from the tap, I have no clue what happens in there but something magical because it tastes far better when I open back up the door:drinker: :laugh:
  • militarywitch
    Options
    Hey guys water us important, but I see some really concerning things on here--my dr reminded me (after I mentioned the half my weight in oz thing) that I would kill my kidney function quickly...his exact wo9rds were this---your body tells you when it is thirsty, listen!! Stop trying to force that much water thru your system.....and remember most health foods have water in them as well--so much of your fluid intake comes from food. He also told me water can hinder weight loss because while you may lose water weight, if you drink too much you are not going to allow your body to receive the nutrients it should--they will flush too quickly, plus fat will not be as quickly flushed.....if you stop and think about it, it makes sense. And before i hear "get a second opinion" I did--I called my orthopedic and my cardiologist and asked my bil (kidney cancer doc) and they all agreed that this whole "drink water-lose weight is a dangerous thing taken to extremes...I limit my water to my thirst--and my weight has finally started dropping again---it stopped when I started drinking to much...
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    try squeezing a lemon in it or a lime, and add some ice, or if you dont' like ice water try to drink it at room tempurature.