Just don't GIVE UP!!

Options
I read these forums all the time. People who have been working out one, two weeks, and who have lost nothing, or a pound or two. You know what, the weight wasn't put on in one or two weeks. I can guarantee that!! There is no quick fix, no magic pill. Just plain hard work and eating right. I go balls out twice a day at the gym during the week, and eat pretty healthy. I do have some cheat meals. I was on a diet years ago and ate everything healthy, then I found myself binging. IT WAS UGLY!!!!!!

This is a LIFELONG process folks. I hate to break the news to you. Something in my head snapped one day, and I realized, hey, I am a fat *kitten*. What am I going to do about it???? These reality shows that show people losing 30 lbs a week, are not good for us everyday folks. If you look at most of those contestants, the majority gain some, or all, or MORE of the weight back.

So what if you don't lose every week! I know I don't. Some weeks I gain. Don't know if its muscle, water, or fat. It sucks. I KNOW!!! But suck it up, get back on the horse and have at it.

I am here for the long haul folks, and I hope you are too!! Feel free to add me if you want a motivator, or someone to make you laugh!

Its one workout at a time. One meal at a time. One day at a time. YOU WILL SUCCEED. All of you

Dave

Replies

• ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Now this is why I love you ^
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Only1Mickee
    Only1Mickee Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I read a post yesterday and they were complaining that they had been on it a month and lost so much the first week and then down to almost nothing. I SO wanted to tell them that they didnt gain it over night and its not coming off overnight. Great post.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks I needed this today. The scale has slowly stopped moving despite my hard work and I know that it is probably because I recently started lifting some weights so my body is adjusting but it is frustrating. I haven't event considered giving up, at this point in my life I know that I made a choice that is for my health and is a lifestyle change rather than a diet. Thanks for the kick in the butt to remind me that the process is slow but as long as I am doing the right things I am getting heathier and the weight will come off. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I read these forums all the time. People who have been working out one, two weeks, and who have lost nothing, or a pound or two. You know what, the weight wasn't put on in one or two weeks. I can guarantee that!! There is no quick fix, no magic pill. Just plain hard work and eating right. I go balls out twice a day at the gym during the week, and eat pretty healthy. I do have some cheat meals. I was on a diet years ago and ate everything healthy, then I found myself binging. IT WAS UGLY!!!!!!

This is a LIFELONG process folks. I hate to break the news to you. Something in my head snapped one day, and I realized, hey, I am a fat *kitten*. What am I going to do about it???? These reality shows that show people losing 30 lbs a week, are not good for us everyday folks. If you look at most of those contestants, the majority gain some, or all, or MORE of the weight back.

So what if you don't lose every week! I know I don't. Some weeks I gain. Don't know if its muscle, water, or fat. It sucks. I KNOW!!! But suck it up, get back on the horse and have at it.

I am here for the long haul folks, and I hope you are too!! Feel free to add me if you want a motivator, or someone to make you laugh!

Its one workout at a time. One meal at a time. One day at a time. YOU WILL SUCCEED. All of you

Dave

Exactly!!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    For God's sake, I had surgery in order to get the weight off and I still don't lose every week. SO, yes, great post!!!!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Great post! I'm with you 100%.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    128783331227369656.jpg
  • murray292
    murray292 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks! Perfect timing. I needed to read this today.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Love the "common sense" advice. I have to admit sometimes I wonder if I am going through this journey the 'right way". And you are correct "the right way" is to forgive yourself for slips and getting back on the wagon. I have been working on this "body change" for 7 months and working hard on making food choices that I enjoy eating. I have health issues that effect my food choices, ability to exercise and daily calorie intake. I am trying to learn how to eat healthier for life, and move more.

7 months, 25 lbs gone, and down from a size 20 to a size 14. I love saying that. I wear a size 14! wahoo! I have not seen any size under 18 for more than a decade and 1/2. I am NOT on a diet. I eat chocolate, drink alcohol, eat out, and go over my calories at times. And enjoy the overage with glee. :bigsmile: I am on a body improving journey. I am learning to disregard the number on the scale as long as I am getting stronger, healthier, and smaller.

As the op said, I do not give up. And trust me with my physical issues it would be the easy choice. But I will NOT give up on me, on my health, or my enjoyable of food. I know I will have to log my food and keep track of my food choice for life. Not just for the next few months, but for life. For my life.
  • TheSwoleMinister_deleted
    Options
    As always, I am going to agree with this man.

34934725.jpg
  • ReddHott77
    ReddHott77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow this is AWESOME!! I REALLY needed to read this today! God bless you!!:wink: And I am so adding you right now!! Hi new friend!!!!
  • daveymac1
    Options
    Wow this is AWESOME!! I REALLY needed to read this today! God bless you!!:wink: And I am so adding you right now!! Hi new friend!!!!

:happy:
  • daveymac1
    Options
    Just bumping this as I want more people to read it! Get out there, and do your thing.
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sooo true. I think we all want to be leaner, healthier happier quickly so hunt around for quick fixes. The truth is there are none, slow and steady is the only way.

Great post.
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Excellent post, Davey! Thank you! :happy:
  • daveymac1
    Options
    bump
  • lambchoplewis
    lambchoplewis Posts: 797
    Options
    Excellent post. I came to the conclusion a while ago that "normally thin or people who maintain" do this automatically. If they eat a lot at an event or when they go out, they normally compensate for this by eating less the next few days. I don't even think they know they do this. Sure, there are people in what I call "the lucky sperm club" who can eat and eat and never gain weight but... this is not all normal weight people. I have changed the way I eat and the way I look at food. No fried, sauced, fat laden foods. Dressing on the side, veggies steamed, fish grilled. I am struggling with wine - if I drink, I eat too much and the added alcohol calories add up.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Nice post!! Thanks it really needs to sink in for more people!