You know you're not fat anymore when...

Options
I don't know the answer, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

This post got me thinking: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/989593-you-know-you-re-fat-when What is the reverse? I've never not been fat. What does that look like? What does that feel like?

Replies

• Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You automatically buy clothes in your old size and they fall off you.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your old thin clothes fit.

people point out you have lost a lot of weight

picture proof!

the thought of junk food makes you wretch

you can quite easily hammer the treadmill for at least 35mins

when people say "i wish i had a figure like yours"

your get full easily

you feel good all the time!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    For me, it was when I walked by & caught a reflection of myself in a store window. At first, I just took a second glance at the small woman I saw in the reflection, then realized it was ME! I had a hard time seeing myself as "normal" sized til then. Smaller clothes, looking in the mirror, the scale....nothing really "clicked" til that day at the window.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    When you stop thinking about everything in terms of calories in and calories out and focusing on how you FEEL.

FAT is a state of mind.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    So...last night I was at the gym, doing my weight lifting workout. Was about half way through, and onto the easier half of it. Was over at the pully machine (I use it for my wood chops). Was doing my planks...decided to make them harder my lifting one leg up for 30 sec then alternating, for a minute total.

Behind me was a group of 3 women. They were on the elliptical, talking away about life, guys and their children. At least they were doing -something-, it was the same speed all the way through and neither seemed to be putting in much effort, but as I said, at least they were doing -something-.

Well, was through my first alternating set of planks and wood chops (I do 3) and onto my second plank, when I over heard one of the ladies behind me say, "I hope she knows, she is just going to get bulky and look fat." Made me smile that someone thought I was skinny....and her ignorance had something to do with the smile too.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    For me, it would mean the "normal" sized stores always having a size that fit me (even if that was a large). Now, even though many clothes will fit me, there always seems to be some shirt or pair of jeans that just doesn't fit, even in the largest size.
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    ...You climb into the bath and rather than being wedged in, you have lots of room to move around. :-)
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You'll know what it is for you when you get there. For me it was noticing that things don't jiggle like Jello when I do simple household activities.
  • halflife1978
    halflife1978 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When you stop hiding when someone brings out a camera
  • kdank
    kdank Posts: 29
    Options
    You can see your whole d*ck....that's what I'm going by.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    (Men) When you are naked and look down and see a pen!s. This was a major accomplishment for me.

I say this applies to men, becuase if you are a woman and look down and see a pen!s, then being fat probably wasn't your primary issue.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    When the clothes fall off of you. I am having to buy shirts and pants monthly now.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    1. When you get in the bath you don't have to let water out to prevent a flood.
    2. You can tie shoes/ paint toenails.
    3. You can walk into ANY store and buy an item.
    4. When you stop feeling like the dunce when you do a gym class.
    5. You can run up stairs and not feel like your going to die at the top.
    6. You stop dreading summer because you don't have to cover up in oversized jumpers and long sleeve tops.
    7. People you don't really know stop you in the street and ask you how you lost all your weight.
    8. You look forward to nights out/ event's and seek out the camera.
    9. You enjoy your life again!!!
  • jamesrmgibson
    jamesrmgibson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You happily pose for family photographs with "the skinny ones"

Or

You out-do somebody at the gym who has a body that you like
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    (Men) When you are naked and look down and see a pen!s. This was a major accomplishment for me.

I say this applies to men, becuase if you are a woman and look down and see a pen!s, then being fat probably wasn't your primary issue.

Dying.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I sneezed at work the other day, and one of my co workers walked by and said; "That's a really big noise to come from such a little person!". I almost cried... He was just confused!!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You no longer have to powder your thighs in the summer time to avoid chafting! lol
  • Nmorfitt
    Nmorfitt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You get condesending comments about your workout schedual and diet from others. Example, lunch yesterday was a salad with cucumber and tuna. "You eat like a rabbit!" "you have been doing all this working out for no reason you don't need it." Really?! I am only a few lbs from my goal that is the hardest part. GGRRR.
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options

This pretty much freakin' made my day. HAHAHA!!
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When someone you've just met is discussing their weight problems and your comment about a healthy diet and exercise is met with this reply, "You don't know. You're skinny! You've never been fat!" :noway:

(BTW: I quickly showed them my before picture.)