ANYone use the ITWORKS body wraps?

Options

Replies

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Your body doesn't store toxins

Your body always works within the framework of trying to preserve health, so its first defense against toxins is to eliminate them through one of your main eliminative channels - these are your urinary tract, colon, lungs, skin, and mucosal linings in your nose and ears.

So your body may create symptoms like diarrhea, a persistent cough, a skin rash, nasal discharge/congestion, and even chronic recurrent ear discharge/infections, all with the intent of protecting your cells against toxins.

By recognizing these processes as being helpful and allowing them to take their course, and working to identify and eliminate their root cause(s), you can support your body's self-preserving mechanisms to keep you well over the long term.

Let's continue to assume that you're not aware of toxins that you're steadily being exposed to, and that toxins continue to roll in. Eventually, the pace of incoming toxins may overtake the pace at which you can eliminate them.

If you reach this point, your body will have no choice but to store some of these toxins.

Keeping in line with its desire to preserve its health, your body will first store "excess" toxins in your fat tissues. This is because your fat tissues are less vital to your immediate survival than other tissues like your ligaments, muscles, and nerves. This is not to say that fat tissue that's found throughout your body isn't important. It's to say that your body instinctively seeks to preserve more important tissues whenever possible.

Accumulation of toxins in your fat tissues is what can lead to so-called harmless conditions like cysts, lipomas, and other benign tumors. These are conditions that conventional medicine typically cite as having no known cause, but they most certainly have a number of causes, with a major one being steady exposure to endogenous and exogenous toxins.
  • karamelfit
    karamelfit Posts: 1
    Options
    bought four wraps I've used 2 wrap so far and I've lost about 4 inches off my waist. I was kind of skeptical but I gave it a shot I have 3 more wraps left so we'll see what it does when I finish the three. and I'm also using the defining Gel on my stomach arms and inner thigh. I want to try the greens has anyone experienced weight loss on the greens?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    The most a body wrap can do is insulate you from the free flowing air circulation that would normally cause your perspiration to evaporate thereby cooling your body. That simply makes you over heat (which is not good) and causes you to sweat resulting in a small amount of water loss which will be replenished as soon as you quench your thirst
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I've tried them, and found a few things:

1. If you drink the recommended amount of water, you will lose inches. If you don't drink water, then you wont get a result.
    2. You will not lose weight. This is not magic by any means.
    3. Day 3 is the best results, so the 72 hour window after you wrap is when you'll see the largest amount of inches lost
    4. Your results will remain put for a few weeks, if you maintain. If you go drink a keg of beer, kiss it goodbye.
    5. It will help temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite.

These are not an every day product, but rather something to give you an extra boost to help your body TEMPORARILY look different.

It is expensive, and like always hard work and excersize are the only way to lose and maintain weight loss, BUT NO WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!

So if your motive is to help yourself for a special occasion, it's worth a try, if you have money to burn.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    I was already eating right/exercising regularly (including 90 oz water daily) when I did 3 months of wraps. They DID work until I stopped buying them. Every single inch came back.. No more gimmicks for me. Loosing weight and toning the RIGHT and cheap way for me!
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    I want to try the greens has anyone experienced weight loss on the greens?

I don't know if they cause weight loss .. but I know for me they make me feel better and give me more energy. They have taken away my cravings for the most part. I can tell the difference from days I take them and days I don't.
  • LLStover09
    LLStover09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did not have any noticable difference (inches wise) & quite honestly not even sure why I ever even remotely thought they would work, just like every other "fad" diet/pills/wraps etc I guess.. One thing I did notice was that my skin felt amazing and was silky smooth/soft.... but honestly not worth the money, a good lotion prob does the same :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    MGTYSJ5.gif
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Why stop at the abs? I generally wrap my entire body like a mummy right before bed and wake up with bulging muscles everywhere. But I rub myself with snake oil first before I wrap. Highly recommended.

What's this dieting and hard work stuff all about?
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Why stop at the abs? I generally wrap my entire body like a mummy right before bed and wake up with bulging muscles everywhere. But I rub myself with snake oil first before I wrap. Highly recommended.

What's this dieting and hard work stuff all about?

:drinker:
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I use the wraps and the fat fighters, I have had success with them. My friend is a distributor so I got to try before I buy. I think they work pretty well.
  • tammycallia
    tammycallia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is the powder expensive?
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just like anything else that seems to good to be true it probably is... Its easy to make money off of these gimmicks that everyone and their mother will try. But if you want long term results take the road less traveled and change your life yourself... Nothing besides hard work is going to take away fat, and certainly not a body wrap.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    NO.

Just. NO.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options

Your body doesn't store toxins

Your body always works within the framework of trying to preserve health, so its first defense against toxins is to eliminate them through one of your main eliminative channels - these are your urinary tract, colon, lungs, skin, and mucosal linings in your nose and ears.

So your body may create symptoms like diarrhea, a persistent cough, a skin rash, nasal discharge/congestion, and even chronic recurrent ear discharge/infections, all with the intent of protecting your cells against toxins.

By recognizing these processes as being helpful and allowing them to take their course, and working to identify and eliminate their root cause(s), you can support your body's self-preserving mechanisms to keep you well over the long term.

Let's continue to assume that you're not aware of toxins that you're steadily being exposed to, and that toxins continue to roll in. Eventually, the pace of incoming toxins may overtake the pace at which you can eliminate them.

If you reach this point, your body will have no choice but to store some of these toxins.

Keeping in line with its desire to preserve its health, your body will first store "excess" toxins in your fat tissues. This is because your fat tissues are less vital to your immediate survival than other tissues like your ligaments, muscles, and nerves. This is not to say that fat tissue that's found throughout your body isn't important. It's to say that your body instinctively seeks to preserve more important tissues whenever possible.

Accumulation of toxins in your fat tissues is what can lead to so-called harmless conditions like cysts, lipomas, and other benign tumors. These are conditions that conventional medicine typically cite as having no known cause, but they most certainly have a number of causes, with a major one being steady exposure to endogenous and exogenous toxins.
    Are these your personal opinions, or do you have some peer-reviewed studies that you can point us to?
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    *face palm*
    dead-horse.gif
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    Is the powder expensive?

The greens? If that is what you mean .. they come two different ways ..either in a container or in to go packs. The container is $28 for a months supply and the to go pack are $30 for a months supply. So .. like a $1.00 a day. If you are valued customer or preferred customer or whatever it is called. It doesn't cost anything to become one, you just have to sign up and commit to three months of purchasing the product. You can order any product they have for the three months .. if you decide you don't like the greens. I'm not sure what the price is if you aren't a loyal customer (I can't remember what it is called! lol )

On a side note .. it cleans out your um .. body .. lol. But after about a week you become normal, or regular, or whatever you want to call it.
  • glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use to tighten up my loose belly skin (3 kids will do that) during the summer bikini months, but now that I'm tightening up with exercise, it really doesn't seem to do anything. If it's a detox you are looking for, there are cheaper ways to do it...like a juice cleanse, and that's healthy.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My mom bought them and threw them away. They auto shipped her more after she cancelled too.

She did give me some of their Core nutrition 'vitamins' and I was out of my multi vitamin so I gave it a shot. All they did was make me break out and I actually got an infection on my face.

Waste of money!
  • Jennifer10723
    Options

Are these your personal opinions, or do you have some peer-reviewed studies that you can point us to?

I apologize .. I thought I grabbed the link. Doesn't matter to me either way whether one believes your body stores toxins or not .. just thought I would put something out there other than a emphatic no, your body doesn't store toxins.

http://drbenkim.com/toxins-cleansing-detoxing.htm
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!